It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Funny stuff between you and EO. But....

Don't you two think you're being just a tad cheap, though?
1000 points to use an avie? For people like me, I'd have to spend 2500 to delete my background then another 2500 to restore it. That's just a bad investment.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
*** Announcement ***

ANyone who switches to a Steelers avatar will be reimbursed the points needed to restore backgrounds / colors after the contest.

Full Reimbursment !!!!

brought to you by your favorite Super Mod and #1 Steeler Fan.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You guys are killing me with this avatar stuff.

We still on for this debate Ian? Let me know how you want the title worked up and we can get it set up.

Monday morning as a start time work for you?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I await S-Dogs counter offer. My soul... er... avatar space goes to the highest bidder.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Don't do it Ashley!

Sport yourself a rocking Eagles avatar (even though we have no dog in this fight) and make yourself feel good for giving in to neither of them.

Plus you will still be able to sleep at night.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Sure, Monday start sounds good. I'd like the pro side, though, rather than have it be random. I dunno about the topic wording - should we just bounce it to a mod and let them decide it? I'm sure MemoryShock could at least double the length of the phrasing.

(no Mem, you won't live down that informed consent topic for another little while yet)

Should be fun!

Edit to mention: sheesh, you people with your avatars with 'color' and 'images'...

[edit on Jan 22nd 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Sounds great.

Let's turn it over to MS or Semper then and let them take care of it. You can take pro and I'll take con, the rest will be up to them. I'll drop MS a line and have him get it ready to go for Monday morning.

Looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

there ya go

Just to go against the grain and be contrary, as I really don't care about the superbowl one way or another.

I just like being awkward

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I probably won't change my avatar at all in all seriousness. lol It's just so 'me.' Football really isn't.

But you boys have fun.

I actually do have a small preference for one of the teams in the super bowl after my best friend introduced me to them but I think I'll keep my mouth shut.

With as excited as you guys get about your teams, I feel like expressing my opinion would be like debating abortion, politics, and religion.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Not really.

Football is way more important than any of those things.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

And that's why I'm holding my tongue. If I felt strongly about it one way or the other I wouldn't care but since I have no strong feelings about it, I don't see the need to put myself in the crossfire.

It's like an independent with slight conservative leanings getting in the middle of a feud between republicans and democrats. You guys can be brutal when it comes to your sports, as you admit.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Since the truth is pretty mundane and only makes sense to American men, I recommend making up your own story about what steelers are.

Or, visit their website: Steelers

Oh my god, I visited the website, and my opera web browser warned me that the site uses outdated encryption mode and gave me the option to accept or reject, I tried clicking but all keys didnt work! And I had to use the task manager to close the browser and running in the top of the tasks was wuaucult.exe, and I google it and found that it can be a trojan. Is my computer now infected?

And is it just rugby that is creating such a fanfare?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Now that WOULD be abandoning my principles. I've hated team sports since I was a kid, and nothing's changed except that I have a husband who occasionally forces me to endure listening to a football game.

In my opinion, commercialized (pro) and college team sports are absolute 100% PROOF that men (and some women) have inferior brains.

Back in the day when humans lived in caves and had to kill things with spears in order to survive, physical prowess was important. But .. when was the last time anyone in the modern world had to do that? Mmmhmm.

Which will be more successful in today's world, a man who can run fast and throw a ball accurately, or a man with management and computer skills? So what's the point? Why do you idolize people who are good at obsolete and useless skills, and furthermore skills which are basically INNATE and not the result of an effort to learn them? Yeah, yeah I know they practice and all but let's be real .. I could have started practicing when I was still in diapers and I would never have been able to run as fast as some pro running back.

So, let's recap .. these guys are good at obsolete and useless activities by accident of birth and make a living by showing off these abilities that no one in real life will ever realistically need to use for anything, and they make more money than the scientists and researchers trying to make new discoveries and improve our lives because the (mostly male) public worships them.

Sometimes I'm driven to fondly reconsider the idea that I could possibly be part alien, I just can't "get" so many humans.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I await S-Dogs counter offer. My soul... er... avatar space goes to the highest bidder.

make sure you are not talking to the devil
read the contract carefully

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Rest assured, anyone who asks you to sport either a Cardinals or Steelers avatar is indeed the devil.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

EO is the deviL?

Cool

At least I know who I'm dealing with.

I'd always assumed it would be s-dog, if anyone

I have sold my soul, and all I got was a point reimbursement.

I could at least have asked for some amazing guitar skills.

Then again, I didn't have to sit at the crossroads at midnight either

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Our Father,
Who Art in Pittsburgh,
Football Be Thy Game.
The Kingdom Come,
5 Super Bowls Won,
On Earth as it is in Heinz Field.                                
Give us this Day a playoff Victory,
And forgive us our penalties,
As we defeat those who play against us.