It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Thats great, happy 'fathering', and dont forget ats.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good Morning Pub

reply to post by nyk537

Exciting!

reply to post by Heike

A real life? And what's a "husband"? Is that one of those mythical beasts that talk without using the computer screen?

reply to post by Ian McLean

Yay! Our Beloved Champion™'s back! I hope you saw the McLean girls out to welcome you back to the bunker

I just don't know what to do with myself when people aren't where I think they should be

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

PJ, it's like any other physical activity - you have to work up to it. Start with five minutes if that's all you can do and then try 10 minutes after a few days, then 15, and so on.

I've been doing gardening, horse care, putting up fences, brush clearing, and etc. now for a couple of years, and the wood cutting and hauling for about a year, off and on. Seeing as how I'm old and fat, my level of physical activity is probably all that keeps me from dropping dead.
I still can't split wood though, just don't have the upper body strength. But I can wield a chainsaw!

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Heike]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I could never forget ATS.

My little guy will probably be on here with me in a few years. My daughter turns 3 this year so I'll get her ready to go pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Nothing mythical about him. He's my best friend and partner and personal chef, and he's still here when the power goes off or the satellite isn't working.

Proof of his existence!

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Heike]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

That is a sweet picture. He is to be congratulated for tolerating us. Why do you have a parakeet glued to your door?

Oh, wow, I have got to visit that town some day! I wonder if I get free drinks?
Also, there is nothing quite as scary as a sign with worn-off letter that says "Warning! Numerou... explosiv..". For some reason, I didn't notice it when I looked at the picture the first time.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Welcome back, Ian...

Nyk: Congratulations and good luck!!

[edit on 5-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

That's not my house, it's my parents' house. And I'm pretty sure that's a thermometer.

Welcome back, Ian.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yay! Our Beloved Debate Champion Ian M. TM has returned to us from his long absence, and Heike from her short one. Ding and I decided we don't like it around here as much when you guys are gone. If we can just get Sky and Sdog back, all will be well again

And Heike, sweet, sweet picture of you and your man. You do indeed look-like soulmates. (I saved it to my hard-drive. I am collecting pics of the FCP Fighters... I'm sure they will come in handy one day
)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Welcome back, Ian! Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Are you going to continue your holiday skirmish about egg nog?

NYK: Congratulations! Keep us posted.

Heike: That's a sweet photo.
You two look very happy.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

In related news, the doctor informed my wife on Friday that we should pack our bags and expect our son to arrive ANY MOMENT.

hey nyk
those are fantastic new!

xing my fingers that everything will be well!

reply to post by Heike

you two look so happy and cute!
wow

yeah dingbat i have heard about the existence of happy marriages and lasting marriages which include the model: husband

although personally it hasn.t been prooved to me, but heike and her hubby seem to be a good example!

I hope you saw the McLean girls out to welcome you back to the bunker

ermh when comparing the sentence to the picture i fear that you might got a sight problem!
just one girl on the picture so it should be McLean girl

[dingbat hide]runs away[/dingbat hide]

hi twisi, hi memory, hi ashley

at my place this morning - right in front of my house:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Heike's Sage Advice for Monday, January 5, 2009

Actually, my relationship with my husband is somewhat similar to the one I have with my horse. There are no perfect men and no perfect horses, so it's a question of accepting faults you can live with and good characteristics you appreciate.

My horse doesn't crib, buck, bite, kick, or rear, and she isn't spooky. She's smart, willing to learn, comes to me when I call her, stands for the farrier, and is good about loading in trailers. She IS a bit strong willed and has the lead mare personality (some would call her stubborn) but I can live with that. The more I watch other peoples' horses in action, the more I appreciate mine.

My husband doesn't go out at night or spend too much money, never disrespects or abuses me in any way, is supportive, cooks, and does his own laundry. He's smart, has the same goals I do, is a good handyman and mechanic, and he's pretty lenient about me doing what I want to or getting what I want. On the other hand, he snores, likes football and Westerns, is anti-social, and can be a bit cranky at times. Again, those are faults I can live with, and the more I see and hear of other men, the more I appreciate mine.

In either case, as I said, it's not a question of finding one that's "perfect," you just have to find one that has the good qualities that are most important to you and flaws you can live with.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

In either case, as I said, it's not a question of finding one that's "perfect," you just have to find one that has the good qualities that are most important to you and flaws you can live with.

thanks for that advice heike
right nobody is perfect, and although we don.t think this way, even we girls have our faults and our good points.

sometimes it is not the question to find mr right or mr perfect, it is the question to find!
find somebody who wants to deal with you, with all your faults, with all your stubborness, with your life, your way of thinking.

when i started with my ex in 1991 i could really live with him, i even loved him, but we both developed differently and now it isn.t possible anymore!

i would love to meet somebody who cares for me as i care for him! that.s all!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
ermh when comparing the sentence to the picture i fear that you might got a sight problem!
just one girl on the picture so it should be McLean girl

[dingbat hide]runs away[/dingbat hide]

There were two of us, actually. I was taking the picture

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

PJ, it's like any other physical activity - you have to work up to it. Start with five minutes if that's all you can do and then try 10 minutes after a few days, then 15, and so on.

I am not lean as you think, I am a fat boy and overweight for my age, I have not done any work, which involves bending down to the ground of field work, in my living memory.But only four more days of work, so have to cope up.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Congrats to ADB and wormwood13!!!

The other judgments should start trickling in...

I would have posted a link but am in a slight hurry currently...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks Mr. Shock and SDog! Cheers

Congrats to wormwood on the win!

And thanks to Oscitate – that was great fun. I hope you got as much out of the skirmish experience as I did.

And most important, Yay! ShroDog's back posting in FCP

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Congrats ADB and Wormwood!!

Good job to Titorite and Oscitate, too. All of the skirmishes were a blast to read. Everyone deserves a big
in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
*Test Post. I'm having a glitch with ATS. Making sure this goes through.

*Testing, testing, testing.

Please ignore.

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join