It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 292
<< 289  290  291    293  294  295 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What can I say? I look good in leather.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

FYI - I was writing an opus judgement and you would have had a clean-sweep if Semper had not raced to announce your victory in the wee small hours of the morning w/o so much as a 'heads-up'. (Although it probably saved both of us some embarassment
)

I also thought Chissler did a great job with the humour and tone of the debate.

So, there you have it, a super-summarized opinion from (no need to be secret since I did not count) Judge 3...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

WOW

another mystery solved!
the mystey of the secrets judges . it.s twisi

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thanks TWISI...

In the future, guys, if we have been selected to judge, could we not post as such?

The debate judges are anonymous intentionally and while the Holiday Skirmishes are a bit less lax, it is still a good idea to keep the 'behind the scenes' behind the scenes.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well, if I had gotten to judge after I had gone to the trouble of doing it, I'd feel a little more beholden to toeing that particular line.

Plus I assume any active Fighter, who has finished more than a couple of debates was asked, basic math and my limited skill sets sort of tipped me off

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No worries though more of a concern during Tournament time...

And I have been known to use non Fighters as judges on many occasions...something to keep in mind...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That's not the way it works. The judges must remain anon. at all times. Who judges what? Only the person that set the debate up should know.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That's not the way it works. The judges must remain anon. at all times. Who judges what? Only the person that set the debate up should know.

Okay, okay. I am abashed. I was wrong. I broke the rule (which was never exlained, btw). I never should have done it.

But I am not sorry and this is why:

* I did not know anonymity was critical even if you did not get to judge.

* I worked on it with a terrible, cold and fever to demo my commitment to DF.

* I still have the nasty cold/flu and I'm kinda testy right now...

* Which leaves me pissy about the fact that Semper felt compelled to post the two judgements in the middle of the night, inside of a deadline he'd given me, w/o so much as a U2U apprising me to the fact. I woke in the AM -- sick! -- worked on the damn thing and then when taking a break checked into the FCP to see the treachery!

Yeah, that's right... Heike is not the only person around here who can rant...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The anonymity is designed to keep drama and hurt feelings to a minimum, not that we are particularly prone to that here in FCP but it could happen.

Hence the discretion...

Don't worry about it; it wasn't thoroughly explained and it is the Holiday Skirmish...and you were voting in my favor, which I think everyone here expects to hear/see any ways...

Just Kidding On That Last Part...

Here TWISI:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Note to self: Send TWISI a dozen long stemmed roses daily whenever I have an ongoing debate just in case she is assigned to judge.

Just another reason anonymity is so important.

Just teasing with ya TWISI. Not like I haven't done things in this forum that got me a slap on the wrist. *blush*

[edit on 1/4/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
hmmm I like my kenny avatar ... I think of the main four kenny is the coolest.. because he has been laid and done alien drugs in outer space with two stereotypical jewish space alien galactic tv executives .....

Yeah I likes me south park

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

...and you were voting in my favor, which I think everyone here expects to hear/see any ways...

*Considers this for a moment... *

*Then - *

True enough! Thanks for the drink!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Mem, when is the result of the debate between me and tes?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Hopefully in the next day or two...

People are starting to get back into the habit of posting again now that the Holidays are over...so we should see widespread resolution soon...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Ok keeping fingers crossed.

How lucky you guys are during and after holidays, it is semester holiday now, and I had to go to a social service camp in a village and I really love the atmosphere there, a mountain behind a school and fields full of green crops, but I dont like staying there, so, in the evening time, I walk an hour to reach the highway and catch a bus to home, and now, for today, the fun part, 'health camp', all cute cows and goats will come. We took a census on saturday and there are 142 cows in a small village of two streets
But based on the distance I have to travel, I would say, "Some holiday this is"

[edit on 4/1/09 by peacejet]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hello, I'm here .. sort of. But I do have somewhat of a life on the weekends, especially Sunday and Monday since they're Hubby's days off too. We've been cutting and hauling wood today. Free heat is nice but we do have to work for it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hello again all in Pub', Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all - in - one!

Just got back from the front east coast; had a 'lovely holiday' with um, close family and relatives.

Wow much FCP to page back and catch up on! I trust everyone had a good holiday? No one got a lump of coal?

It feels strange to be posting again, after a brief hiatus - I found it prudent, under the circumstances, to distance from network communications... much easier to focus to the task at hand that way - to wit, an old-fashioned holiday with kin.

I see the whisky store has accumulated in my absence. We shall have to correct that situation.

Yours always, hugs,
-Ian

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
welcome back ian

missed you!

for the wiskey - i found these hidden in the closet behind the men.s bathroom - strange!

we got tons of snow. tons of snow, i am excited coz it is so lovely, blue sky, sunshine, cold, and the snow!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Morning Pub!

Had a great weekend, and hope all of you did as well.

In related news, the doctor informed my wife on Friday that we should pack our bags and expect our son to arrive ANY MOMENT.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

How do you manage cutting wood and do field work all day, I had to pull the grass off the ground today, and I couldnt even do it for five minutes, does it require lots of training and are there any techniques involved.

top topics

<< 289  290  291    293  294  295 >>

join