It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

FSBA, FSBlue, FS, I dunno how many different variations I've had since I've adopted this SN as my internet persona
. Switched from Crown to Grey Goose, been a good New Years Pub.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
and I guess I need to flip

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Thanks so much, Hon. I really appreciate it.

reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I'm bad with acronyms so if I call you any mix of F-S-B-A, just roll with it, OK?

Anyways, I found Heike's list of topics from several pages ago. Here is a fun topic we could try. I'd like us to both get a position we agree on instead of fighting over the same side.

What do you think of Mountains vs. Beaches For a Vacation?

I'd like to be the advocate for beaches if you'd like to do mountains. If you don't like that position or that debate, we can do something else. I know you're not available to begin just yet so we still have some time to kick around some topics.

It would be nice if we could get a light debate topic we'd both find fun to debate as well as a position we're both happy with.

Just a suggestion. Another good debate suggestion from Heike was Is it better to be smart or attractive. I'd like to choose the smart position if you want to go for attractive.

Either way. I'm open to ideas.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hello i am back from enjoying christmas and the new year!! How has everyone been!

Happy New Year xx

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hope everyone had a great New Year.

I'm back at work today after a nice day off yesterday....

Days off in the middle of the week are brutal.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You had a holiday yesterday

Most offices here do not declare holiday on new year.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Yep...we got off for New Year's Day. Only because the majority of my customers are retail stores though who were also closed.

I almost rather would have worked though.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes, new years day is full of boring tv shows, so it would be better to declare it a working day for all establishements and educational institutions.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
good evening pub

hope you are all well

will get a "new" tv-set next week with a scart plug in - little orange told me that this is mandatory.
i know, the broken tv set has one, but the small old one i am using these days has none, it is about 20 years old so far.

we got snow - about 1 inch i guess - but it is white.

hope we will soon got some results
i am still wondering what,s about the eggnog debate?!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
we got snow - about 1 inch i guess - but it is white.

Hands down, I'll trade you!!!! We have 1 foot of snow (with 2 inches of ice on the roads) and -30*C for temperature...
Freakin Alberta. I can't wait to get back to BC... I hear its about -10*C back at the University.

Hope everyone had a lovely New Years!!!

Orange, what day works best for you to start?

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

i know 1 inch ain.t much
but enough for a normal berlin car driver to get crazy about the weather
strange guys

i wish we would got at least 1/2 foot of snow

temps 0°C
much better than the -8°C at new year.s eve

when are you going back to BC?

start would be lovely monday or tuesday
son is back to school on monday which is the 5th i guess

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Oh I know, back in BC (where I live most of the year for school) people get SO Crazy when it starts snowing!!! The first snowfall of the season, a guy put his truck into the light post at the Entrance to the University. He was fine, ps.

I'm not so much a fan of Winter Driving - I do it, but I'd rather not.

Monday or Tuesday sounds good! I have classes starting tuesday, but this first week of classes will be slow, so either day is fine for me.

- Carrot

[edit on 1/2/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

maybe you should accept me as canadian in training (although i love to be more a californian in training) and tell me more about canada and all the stuff.

to me the whole country seems to be very close nature and very cold.
so i don.t know the differences between your homeplace and bc - what ever bc is!

if i can avoid it, i don.t drive that much in winter time too.
but we are talking about berlin, city with 3,5 mill citizens, no hills, just plain "country"
main roads are cleared off of snow so no problem at all

i have got a very close friend in bavaria, where snow is much more common than at my place, they got about 4 or 6 feet of snow, if somebody at that place tells me, he is not so crazy about winter driving, that is ok!

for the debate: than we will start on tuesday.
we can both prepare our openings, and memory got time to unlock the thread!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

i am still wondering what,s about the eggnog debate?!

Hopefully they'll continue it when Ian gets back – that one promised to be a riot to read.

Speaking of Ian ... our beloved champion has been away an awful long time, hasn't he? Doesn't he miss us, dammit?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Hopefully they'll continue it when Ian gets back – that one promised to be a riot to read.

yeah but when will he be back?

Speaking of Ian ... our beloved champion has been away an awful long time, hasn't he? Doesn't he miss us, dammit?

we should start feeling neglected.
that is not the way a guy, even if he can call himself champion - should treat girls!
never!

a fighter should be a good example for the whole forum of ats
and the standards for a champion are even higher than the usually high standards for the ordinary rank and file fighter!

edit some grammar

[edit on 2-1-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

maybe you should accept me as canadian in training (although i love to be more a californian in training) and tell me more about canada and all the stuff.

Well, Canada isn't all Cold & Igloos! LOL. British Columbia (BC) and Alberta (AB) are provinces, right next to each other. My parental units live in Northern Alberta (Cold) I live in Southern BC & go to University there (Warm).

PS. I want to be a CALIFORNIAN in traning too.... DAMN Lucky Californians

for the debate: than we will start on tuesday.
we can both prepare our openings, and memory got time to unlock the thread!

OKay! Tuesday it is. SOOOO Looking forward to it!!!

- Carrot

[edit on 1/2/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

thanks carrot
so you live more in the warm during the year and you are forced back to coldness at christmas
right?

maybe we will find adoptive parents or fighters from califronia for two lonesome girls from abroad?

yep it is settled and i am starting to get excited again

yeah
love that feeling

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

so you live more in the warm during the year and you are forced back to coldness at christmas

YUP. But this is my last Christmas in Northern Alberta, my parents are moving even FARTHER south then I am in BC. I am looking forward to the day where -10*C is as cold as it gets at Christmas.

maybe we will find adoptive parents or fighters from califronia for two lonesome girls from abroad?

Adoptive Parents? Well, if they let You & Me loose in California we're gonna NEED parents. We'll be turned around at the Airport WITHOUT guardians.

Double Trouble.

Look out California.

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I'm sure Shock and McLean will be happy to be your "daddies."

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Adoptive Parents? Well, if they let You & Me loose in California we're gonna NEED parents. We'll be turned around at the Airport WITHOUT guardians.

Double Trouble.

Look out California.

- Carrot

We'll be watching for you...though I may have to recommend deportation based on the pink font...you know, principle of the matter and all that...

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join