It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 288
<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i just can.t find an image sorry
but as far as i know in former times they laid the deer and than put one foot on top and got photos taken with it

so no real literally jumping but kind of

but i am not really familiar with this scene since i am veggie!

reply to post by MemoryShock

hi memory

would it made you happier when we would have talked about shoes, dresses, make up?
i thought men are scared by exsessive shoe shopping?

sleep well

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Ah ok. I think I know what you're talking about. It's not jumping on them- it's just like a trophy pose. They also often kneel and prop up the deer's head by the antlers. I'm not a hunter nor is anyone on my side of the family but just about all of my in-laws (including females) hunt and I've seen those kind of poses in photos.

reply to post by MemoryShock

Hey I've been holding back!

Refrained from posting the image 'When your dog steals your Kodak moment,' dealing with a hunting pose.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

yup that.s what i mean
trophy pose.

i don.t like it, although my sister once wanted to become a ranger and had to learn how to hunt, but she never did it after that. now she is a gardener.

btw. for the debate real vs artificial tree
a friend of little orange told me that his family always got an artificial tree because they don.t want a tree to die for christmas, but they still eat meat!

now we should talk about shoes or how to decorate the FCP in january!

ice sculptures?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Happy '09 everyone! I slept through the roll-over and woke starting the new year doing something I have come to truly love , finishing a debate! (one that spanned two years :lol

Now I am off to throw a lobster on the grill, watch and old movie, drink the remainder of the Veuve I did not polish off last night and count my blessings.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Happy New Year everybody!! One bottle of Crown Royal down, another to go!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

That first photo is one serious ice sculpture. Dang.

----------

And a happy new year to Apocalypse (I need to come up with an easy to write nickname for you), TWISI, and ADB.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
Happy New Year everybody!! One bottle of Crown Royal down, another to go!

New game. Spot the Hoser. That post SCREAMS Canadiana:

I win!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

yup
brandenburg gate

i couldn.t resist

for Apocalypse – happy new year – what abotu FSBA?
very short very easy

happy new year intrepid!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok, anyone from canada here? I have a question for them

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Intrepid and GAOTU are in Canada.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh, ok, I just wanted to ask them, if they feel that global warming has not affected them, based on some responses in my thread.

Edit:didnt you tell me yesterday, that you will see my profile and talk about it? where were you?

[edit on 1/1/09 by peacejet]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet

didnt you tell me yesterday, that you will see my profile and talk about it? where were you?

Still looking ...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

My profile is not much cool as you think.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've been off and on recently due to the festivities, a late happy Christmas and a joyous new year to all the fighters in the pub

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
@Ashley: I think someone and I (either Lucid if he shows up, or Orange and I) are going to do the Vegetarian debate, and I still have a "childhood vaccinations should be mandatory" debate hanging that I have no opponent for. Other than that, I didn't intend to have "dibs" on any of my suggested topics and they are available for use by any fighter who happens to take a fancy to one of them. But, hey, thanks for asking! Very courteous of you!

@PJ: You will see [namehide] blah blah blah [/namehide] used now and then. It's sort of a joke; SchroDog has posted a [heikehide] comment before and I've seen comments "hidden" from Shock or Semper and others. You're supposed to pretend you can't see what was written in between the sets of brackets if it's your name, even though we all know you can. Take it as a mark of acceptance rather than taking offense.

@TWISI: Wow! Your closing is up already!? You aren't going skyfloatingish on us, are you? It'll be tomorrow or maybe even the weekend before I get my closing up. I'm exhausted now and have to work tomorrow.

Everyone: Had a great ride today, 12 1/2 miles. My mare seems to like trail riding, but she seems to be the only horse who periodically stops to admire the scenery.
We had very nice weather for our ride, which included about two dozen riders, and Sundae and I had a very good day as she stayed between me and the ground the whole time.
That's my longest ride yet so I'm very tired, but it's a good tired and I enjoyed the ride.

Happy New Year FCP and I'll see y'all tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

No worries, Heike. Take your time!

[heikehide]...ssssh... nobody remind her that she had Pro and already posted her Closing
[/heikehide]

[edit on 1-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Well, DUH! Boy, do I feel like an idiot now.

I guess the only thing I can say in my own defense is that this debate has gone on for so LONG that I lost track!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I get it now, I am a newbie here, and it will take time to get accustomed to.

So, did you give your horse some sweaters, it might feel cold.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Nah, she grows her own furry (hairy?) coat for the Winter and sheds back to shorter hair in the Spring. Besides, it was up in the 50's here today. Very pleasant. She does actually have a "blanket" for when it's really nasty or extremely cold, but she doesn't like to wear it so I don't use it much.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Yeah, yeah... all I can say in my own defense is that I reapetedly told you and everyone else that there wasno time limit!!!

In truth, the reason I wanted to have an entire holiday-long debate was so I could gift myself with debating at my leisure. To my mind the best gift one can receive is a gift one wants, when one wants it.

Is anybody drinking tonight besides me?

top topics

<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join