It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I may be looking for another match soon. Any takers?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

If you lose this one no, If you win maybe.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am on a fresh-to-me version of 'newbie ropes' -- too long a post which forces direction change of entire rebuttal. I finally managed to resolve character count which resulted in post being not funny at all and contradictory to my Postion to boot.

Then had cocktails with a very old friend and am now better for the cognac, but worse for the remotely-caring-about-this-thing-I-devoted-four-hours-to-today...sigh... the discipline of debate is not coming easily.

The good news is I perhaps know myself well-enough to have mandated a no time limits as part of the skirmish-challenge Heike so generously stepped up for. But am now sending official apologies out to her as I promised to take a respite from lollygagging and post today which I am not going to do...

I beg forgiveness and hope that the holiday spirit moves one and all to wish me well in my evening of forthcoming drink. I know you all to be a generous lot, and sots, so am hopeful of well-wishes in my immediate endeavors.

A chagrined but learning,
TWISI

Heike,

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
morning pub

reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

word 2007 proudly prents word count!
yeah it is still there!!

down at the bottom of the computer is your status line

(sorry my son.s word 2007 is german)

wörter zählen = word count
it tells you the amount of words without clicking

click on it and it goes:

pages
words
characters without spaces
characters with spaces ………
that.s what we need!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

If you lose this one no, If you win maybe.

My Fighter's instincts tell me that within this conditional responsive lies a barb!

Do you really think there's a chance the he might not win? I do.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Rematch? Or is it someone else's turn to dance with the devil under the pale moonlight?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We`re up Heike:
Horse vs. Bicycle

Happy horsing around and good luck.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hey guys! How is everyone feeling today? 5 Days until crimbo!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I wouldn't mind a rematch in the near future, but I'd like to take on someone I haven't debated before too. I'm trying to get a well rounded warmup experience before the next tournament.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Mem and I are on the last mile.

I'm excited to hear some feedback from this debate.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Im willing to debate you. Im commited to a debate with Heike now, but after Christmas Id enjoy taking on the last of the masters.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hello all! My "vacation" has begun; I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday the 30th. That said, it'll probably be this evening (my time CST) before I get my horsey opening up. Right now it's in the 40's here, but we're getting a cold front this afternoon/evening that will take us down into the low teens. I therefore have a lot of preparation to get done before it starts getting cold.. wrapping hoses, cleaning and filling water containers, hauling wood, setting a heat lamp up in the chicken house, etc.

So, I'm off to start getting things done, I'll see ya'll after the sun goes down here.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Hey Orange, thanks for helping me to find that -- I liked old word better, but that's probably just because I knew where everything was.

I have finally posted on the elves thread - well also on the boobie thread too. I took Ding's advice about using an old thread to figure word count and preview links, etc. and the ever vigilant Skyfloating caught me red-handed.... I'm not sure if I am in trouble or not....

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Good post TWISI and chissler...

Oye, I will have a tough time coming up with a closing that wraps everything up...

Also, I forgot who gave me the idea, but editing a debate post by u2uing yourself also works...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You are so in Trouble...not.

It just shows that I so much anticipate your posts that I notice each and every one of them.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Please can someone give me a smooth, cold budweiser? I've been gagging for one all day!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

Allow me, as I have been remisss in welcoming you and seeing as how you introduced yourself so properly to the FCP the other night, in french maid's outfit and all.

*slides the Bud down the bar to PoD*

*waves at Mem*

*blushes at Sky*

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thank you TWISI!

*Slides the entire Bud down his thoat in one gulp!*

*AHHHHHHHHHH! needed that!*

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute. What's all this. I thought newbies ran the bar- not demand beverages.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Wait a minute. What's all this. I thought newbies ran the bar- not demand beverages.

I am not a newbie

I didn't demand the beer i asked politely and nicely

Ok maybe i am a newbie

What can i get you...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

new topics

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join