It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

yeah, I'm not surprised you didn't hear from him.

I noticed in fact that he stopped posting in that thread at all at just about the same time that you challenged him

[edit on 12/16/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Good morning, all. I see Intrepid has pulled out the big guns. Well, two can play at that game. I'm gonna have to step it up, I see. Hard eggnog, indeed!

ADB: 'shopped. The UFO in the background shot is real, however.

Edit: and apparently our Holiday Skirmishes are part of a vast supermod conspiracy.

[edit on 16 Dec 2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
ADB: 'shopped. The UFO in the background shot is real, however.

Ya think?

It did come from a reputable source, which will be revealed in time

edit:

Oh, and good (?)morning(?) Ian. Have you moved to Asia while we weren't looking?

[edit on 12/16/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
For us night owls it is morning. Unlike those who want to be normal and try to have a regular sleep schedule

Also ding not trying to hate, but I'm not sure if that's a penguin or a grey dressed in blackface that's going to anal probe me with a candy cane.

[edit on 12/16/2008 by FSBlueApocalypse]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Wow, that's the first negative comment I've had about the little guy. Sure you're not just projecting a repressed fantasy there FSBA?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Edit: and apparently our Holiday Skirmishes are part of a vast supermod conspiracy.

Yikes.

That is an... er... 'interesting' thread. I couldn't help but have a little chuckle while reading that. lol

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

All I can say is touche, sadly I don't have the $50,000 or vegas hookers handy for it

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
(studiously ignoring the unlit cigarette in FSBA's avatar)

If I have anything negative to say about ADB's avatar, it's that it is almost too cute. I believe it is a ploy to hide her ferocious debating persona.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
How can you think anything bad about the poor little guy? All dressed up and standing hopefully under the mistletoe?

FSBA, I think he's waiting on you

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hey, FSBA. Are you still interested in doing something with me after the holidays? We'll need to rest after our Holiday Skirmishes but there is a recent thread on ATS about banning smoking. There's actually a lot of arguments that could be made back and forth in a debate on that subject, with both sides having many strategies they could use. Not sure if the smoking debate has been done in this forum yet but it would definitely be an interesting one. Just an idea. Not sure if you were still interested in doing anything together but that idea just popped into my head after Ian's comment about the ciggie in your avie.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I've probably taken 5 years off my life between the various smoke products I've put in my lungs and enjoyed every minute of it. Could be an interesting debate. What angle do you want to debate? Allowed in public? Banned in private restaurants? 2nd hand smoke?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

That's a good idea to narrow it down some. Not really sure. We can be thinking about it. What I originally had in mind was an all encompassing debate for a full ban but that would be a lot of information and angles to cover. Your idea sounds a lot better. I'll have to think about it. Let me go see if I can find that thread and then I will edit this post and provide it here. I haven't participated it or even read it- I just keep seeing it bumped on the recent post list. It might give us some ideas on targeted issues.

Edit: Ok that was easy. Here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll subscribe to it and skim it when I get a chance although I don't want their ideas to influence anything.

No rush whatsoever. It will be some weeks away. Just an idea that sounds like fun. We'd probably want to arm wrestle for the con position but I'll take the pro position if need be. Again, just a suggestion if you were still interested. We can go for a totally different topic if you prefer and if you still want to do something together.

[edit on 12/16/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

It would need to lose the top hat and bowtie. A grey alien wearing black face trying to probe me with a candy cane, that's an interesting idea. But wearing a bowtie and top hat, now we're getting into ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by orange-light
extra kiss underneath the mistletoe.

Depends on who's giving the mistletoe reward kiss for speedy debates! If it's a hottie, then let's go fast-fast-fast. If it's a nottie, let's slow things down and drag it out until Valentine's Day.

maybe we can choose the kisser

is a virtual kiss a kiss?

Sure thing. I'll make sure not to post until it says you haven't been online for a while. Sleep well. You'll need it all after you see the doozies I'm about to drop on you in my next post.

Stressed yet?

Don't be. I'm only kidding. It will be standard debate stuff. Sleep well, my precious friend.
I won't post until you're safe in slumberland. I totally understand how it feels. lol

ha ashley here i am back again

love your post
but don.t think you can get away with it!

i am not stressed of the debate no no - that darn real life stuff

only 2 more posts of mine and it is over

so quick
and i have to read so many other interesting debates
to bad that there are these important appointments today

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
As I am a nottie I will not be dispensing kisses.

Notties can still dispense kisses. Hottie vs. nottie is only a factor in speed debate or 24/48 hour pace.

1st s-dog you are not a nottie!

2nd if a nottie would kiss us it won.t be kind of speed debate anymore it, not the normal standard i would guess we would have delays of 1 week between the posts

an everlasting debate

really?
i have only evidence of 3 male but very hot fighters!

dingbat i feel them blushing all male fighters are blushing

for the weather reports:
thanks guys i was really worrying how the local weather might treat you.

but glad to hear that everybody's weather is the best and the most nasty that very fighter could imagine

berlin: not really cold compared to canadian winter not really hot compared to oklahoma summer but sometimes to cold to sit comfortably at my desk and to hot to sleep in my loft bed

@heike:
quiet right
fighter's duty: flag the thread of your co-fighter!

[edit on 16-12-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
God I'm glad I signed on for this skirmish. This is my kind of debate. No tedious mulling over source documents, just a good old fashioned semi-socratic exchange. Two cerebrum's processing information until the inconsistencies are gone and a logical answer emerges.

I think that's been a problem for me until recently- I got too involved in tactics and formal logic and wasn't enjoying the give and take that got me into debating out in the other forums when I first started.

When in doubt, just talk to your opponent about the subject. It's fun and it's a hell of a lot easier.

And one more kudos to my opponent on top of those in the debate. I've debated almost nothing but great fighters, and he's not the exception. The only difference between this debate and my early run-ins with memoryshock is that we're not trading dictionary quotes.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
And I finally get a reply back, and it's accusing me of getting 2 of his threads moved from the board as part of the obvious vast Atheist conspiracy on ATS. I admit it everyone, I'm part of the Illuminati, the global financial system will collapse in 2012 and we will use the power of Satan to become one being to rule over the Earth.

Ohwells

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You look kind of silly with a cigarette in your mouth too.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good afternoon fellow fighters.

I got a late start today because of an ice storm. It's almost noon and I'm just rolling into work.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
is that we're not trading dictionary quotes.

I remember when I couldn't start a debate without the dictionary quotes; thanks for beating that habit out of me...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
edit: hi nyk

reply to post by MemoryShock

is that the difference between a super mod and a mod?
a super mod beats strange habbits out of a mod?

did it hurt memory?

————————————————

another fight in real life:

again a tiny little success

for the addiction:
i even took a print of ashley.s response with me and thought about the next post and made notes!
call me crazy!

new topics

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join