It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i hope so.
extra kiss underneath the mistletoe.

please do it while i am sleeping otherwise my complexion will look aweful tomorrow

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
i hope so.

please do it while i am sleeping otherwise my complexion will look aweful tomorrow

*tiptoes out of the room*

*don't need to know*

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light

Depends on who's giving the mistletoe reward kiss for speedy debates! If it's a hottie, then let's go fast-fast-fast. If it's a nottie, let's slow things down and drag it out until Valentine's Day.

Sure thing. I'll make sure not to post until it says you haven't been online for a while. Sleep well. You'll need it all after you see the doozies I'm about to drop on you in my next post.

Stressed yet?

Don't be. I'm only kidding. It will be standard debate stuff. Sleep well, my precious friend.
I won't post until you're safe in slumberland. I totally understand how it feels. lol

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

As I am a nottie I will not be dispensing kisses.

Insults on the other hand ...

My post is up!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
As I am a nottie I will not be dispensing kisses.

Notties can still dispense kisses. Hottie vs. nottie is only a factor in speed debate or 24/48 hour pace.

(This is a silly post but I had to fix my goof of posting in the wrong thread somehow).

[edit on 12/15/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Notties can still dispense kisses.

Not really the placation I was looking for.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Take no offense! It was the only way I could respond to you without commenting on your looks specifically. As a faithfully married woman, I forbid myself to contribute my opinion regarding a man's hotness or notness classification.

But I did star your picture post on the photo thread if it is any consolation.

[edit on 12/15/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
hello fighters. looks like everyone is still hard at work doing nothing

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Speak for yourself. Both of us just finished posting our newest debate posts.

Break time now.

So get us some drinks to help us unwind.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Intruder Alert!! Intruder Alert!! Woop woop woop woop...

What the heck is Elev doing in our pub? Where's security? Don't we have a bouncer?

Hi all, looks like all the skirmishes are progressing nicely.

I'll have an Irish Coffee and make it snappy Tesla!

We've had a COLD front come through, and I do mean cold front. Down to 14 degrees F tonight, and that's unusual for Okieland. Keeping the horses and poultry supplied with liquid water has been a challenge today, it didn't get above 23 degrees.

And for those of you who couldn't see my video, here's a still:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Make sure you make a fresh pot of coffee too. I take it without the Irish

PS to Heike
I'm glad you posted the still - I couldn't watch the video either

PS to Ashley: all the male Fighters are hotties. SDog just likes affirmation

[edit on 12/15/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
We've had a COLD front come through, and I do mean cold front. Down to 14 degrees F tonight, and that's unusual for Okieland.

Canadian laughs at you.

That's cold?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

yes i will join you in laughing.the russian in me laughs. the american in me giggles.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Dude, I though you lived in Toronto, or as is more commonly known, the Canadian Riviera.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Cold front eh?

Alberta today

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Dude, I though you lived in Toronto, or as is more commonly known, the Canadian Riviera.

I've lived across this country. Mild west coast. Angry east coast. And all in between. -14F? That's t-shirt weather. -30F. That's cold.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I went to Mont Sainte-Anne in February a few years back.
Worse ski trip EVER!
Too freaking cold.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
As you smart guys should know, it's all about acclimation and preparation. If I lived up there, I'd be acclimated to the cold and prepared for it. But, since I've been in this area since 1984, I'm not. Oklahoma Winters are quite mild and it doesn't get below freezing all that often, let alone down into the teens. Our houses aren't designed for it, our animals aren't accustomed to it, our water supplies aren't adequately protected from freezing, and we generally don't have appropriate clothing. So don't flatter yourselves about being tough - you're just adapted to the climate you live in and properly prepared for your normal Winter temperatures.

You come on down here in August when it's 110 with 40 or 50% humidity and we'll talk about coping with temperature extremes.

And by the way, I'm noticing that several of our ongoing debates only have a few flags. What's up with that? There are 25 or so active Fighters, are there not? So every debate thread should have 25 flags. If WE don't promote the debate forum, who will?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It's no where near that cold here yet.

It's a 11c and raining outside right now although late last week it was -13c with windchills of -24c.

I'd rather have your weather.

[size=0]My second reply is up

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Well you've inspired me to go and flag Heike. Also, Oklahoma winters are mild? Excuse me?! I've been to Norman a few times, will probably make the trek next year when FSU plays Oklahoma and the times I've been in winter were certainly not mild. Then again I was born and raised in the Florida sunshine

reply to post by americandingbat

I've u2ued theindependentjournal twice myself since he put his thread up and no reply. I know a few other fighters participated in a thread where he posted a link about "The First 8 Presidents" and I have a feeling any thread here would go a similar route. Just I doubt there's been a poster here who I've had to say, you're a damn fool for reasons X,Y, and Z, more since I've been an active poster on here and would like the opportunity to make him face facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join