It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ahh..nothing like the smell of sweat and liquor in the morning.

Everyone have a good weekend?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
page turner.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
I did not, nor have I ever, called mem a "sweetie". I said it was sweet of him to befriend me in my first 'logged in' site moments. (Having said that, I do believe that his every post reveals the toothsome quality of his character.
)

I think this may be my fault. I didn't mean to imply that you had started the "MemoryShock is a sweetie" thing. I was just providing the reference to your profile because he was undeniably very sweet, even to the point of deserving to be called sweetie, when he said: "knowing that we have friends out there makes the world seem smaller and therefore less intimidating".

And we've established he didn't even know you were a hot chick at that point, which makes it all the more impressive

I think SDog probably was the first to actually call him a sweetie, but I can't find the post because Mr. Shock's from California. Searching for "MemoryShock sweetie" turns up a lot of him going "Sweet!"

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
morning dingbat darling

reply to post by americandingbat

are you talking about this?

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by MemoryShock

s-dog at his best

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I don't have self-esteem issues

You will after our next debate...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Good morning Orange

No, though that was a great post

The time I'm thinking about it buried in pages and pages of Pub talk. It might have been the same day that TWISI said he was sweet to her on her first day at ATS, but it might even have started before that.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That is pretty much what I thought you meant, Americandingbat...and I don't mind it too much. I feel that I have to give out the obligatory, "Oh Noes!" for...uumm...obligatory reasons...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Just don't forget to blush

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Just don't forget to blush

A bit tough to do on command, but I'll see what I can do...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

and post photo proofs of it

i guess it was before my time at the FCP when TWISI mentioned that! but i am not sure.
mind is on a not so sweet guy

@memory: i guess we didn.t expect you denying sweetness

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
reply to post by CA_Orot

you think he is kind of hard shell soft core?

Hem ... What?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Memory, don't make me tell people about your softer-side beneath that tough exterior. You know, the side that cares about people and all that other mushy stuff... Although, I'm sure that any lady who'se ever spoken to you, can confirm the said allegations.

Check is in the mail. I paid the extra couple of bucks to overnight it...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by orange-light
reply to post by CA_Orot

you think he is kind of hard shell soft core?

Hem ... What?

i like to be cryptic sweety

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've always found Shock to be Soft Cell (I mean shell) and hard core.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Speed Debate? Someone's confused. I double checked my U2U's and TWISI asked for a no time limits debate, not a speed debate.

Speaking of debates, I thought mine and Lucid's debate started this morning? Or is it Monday morning Lucid's time? Or do I need to U2U someone?

By the way, is anyone interested in taking the pro side of the 'Childhood vaccines should be mandatory' debate for AFTER the skirmishes? I seem to have lost my opponent for that.

I've recently learned that I will be off work from Saturday the 20th through Monday the 29th and I don't think we're going anywhere or doing much of anything. So if anyone feels the need to pick a fight during that time frame, I'll be around and likely to be fairly bored unless the weather turns much better than I expect.

-------

Personally, I think all the "sweetieness" going around is just holiday spirit overflowing with warm fuzziness. I'm sure the normal Fight Club atmosphere will return after the holidays. Bah humbug.

Congrats on surviving your hyperbate, Semper and Sky. It'll be a tough one to judge.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Heike]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

your experiences with him seem to be differnt than my experiences!

see a man with two faces ehm cores

edit:
hi heike

[edit on 8-12-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Hey Orange. Wie gehts?

Personally, I think there are a significant number of men (especially men older than, say, 25) who show a different face (core?) to women than they do to other men. I think they used to call it chivalry or something like that before they called it chauvinism.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

We don't call it anything.

There used to be a thing called chivalry, but women killed it.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I call it "manners"

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I had a coworker once who got yelled at, quite nastily, for holding a door open for a woman... she apparently found it offensively sexist.

But people who would yell at what is intended to be a kind gesture simply have a nasty attitude, it has nothing to do with gender.

Here's a debate for the slush files, MemoryShock: "Chivalry Is Dead, And Should Be".

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join