It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I suspect you are 100% correct there MemoryShock.

Things are going to get heated pretty soon.

And I can't wait.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by bodrul
to many debates having people forfit

I sincerely suspect that the second round won't be as 'easy'...

i guess its time to get out the heavy artilery then

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Perhaps people don't realize going into the debate that they have to be willing to spend time doing more than just arguing their point.

It usually requires research. As a stand -in for a recent debate, I was really impressed at the amount of work my opponent dedicated to the process; and I did a fair share myself.

I am certain sometimes that things just don't work out and you can't fulfill a commitment as you had intended to. I can see how a forfeit represents a loss for the debater, how does it represent a 'win' for the forfeitee? (Yup, I made up a new word!
). Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone a win, it just seems 'too easy'.

You know what? Never mind, it's probably just sour grapes I guess, I had to fight it out toe-to-toe from beginning to end in my debate..., just my luck, I get a real fighter!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Heyo fellow fighters just poppin in to say whats up and good luck to everyone in this new series of debates as this is my first ATS debate i was a little apprehensive and thought i may get "beat-down" but alas my competition withdrew at what was basically the tail end of round one. Now i will ask some of you veterans if you dont mind to maybe check out our debate and give me some pointers and let me know if you think i may have been winning because of course i think that but what else would one think of their own thoughts
heres the link to my debate any thoughts would be appreciated just hit my u2u thanks fellows

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ya think in the future it would be a good idea to have people participate in challenge matches like 2 or 3 before they can be eligible to participate in a tournament???

Winning by forfeiture especially in a tournament is like wanting Dom Perignon but only getting Mad Dog 20/20!! Or Budweiser and ending up with Stag [gags]

Smaller tournaments IMO would not be a bad thing

I'm not criticizing just trying to help.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Wonderful idea....becuase I am as well at my wits end with forfeits...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

That is an excellent idea....

Semper

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I might be able to sub in for the second round. I have more free time now and I should be able to compete.

Just let me know if you need more people.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We are going to need more people.

I am getting ready to annouce the winner of the Maxmars/Zaimless debate (the only debate that needed judging for the second round, by the way...*sgh*)

Right now, prior to beginning the second round, which will be this week, we need to know that people are still here.

Roll Call please, including Maxmars and Zaimless...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ill take on a debate to keep the tourny goin

Nothin better than an ATS debate tourney!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Count me in

This is not a one line response

Because I just might go on and on!!!

But I won't because its annoying.

Serious

Sound off People!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm always here...

Ready and waiting

Semper

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
We are going to need more people.

I am getting ready to annouce the winner of the Maxmars/Zaimless debate (the only debate that needed judging for the second round, by the way...*sgh*)

Right now, prior to beginning the second round, which will be this week, we need to know that people are still here.

Roll Call please, including Maxmars and Zaimless...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

You know im here and ready hopefully however ill get a better topic draw this go round the last was brutal......BRUTAL

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You can count me in!

Looking forward to a good smack down!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Looking forward to a good smack down!

That's your free one...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My Fellow Fighters...

We have just had a poor showing in the first round of our tournament.

I thought I would put my feelings down about being A Fighter

When we are talking to another member that wants to join the elite ranking of Fighter, it may be a good idea to stress upon them how serious we take this forum and ensure that they are committed as well.

Semper

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Apologies for not sounding off sooner - I was trying to stay away to force myself to be patient on the results of the last debate.

Well, I am here and eager to discover if I can earn the privilege to rightly claim to be one among the fighters at ATS.

Somehow one debate seems to be ..., less than satisfactory. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, I just want to help out.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Still here! Getting a little antsy, too.... I was actually thinking of a brief impromptu challenge match if round #1 took much longer. However, the last two weeks were very busy for me, so no harm...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What kind of debate tournament is this?

Of 8 debates 7 werent carried out to the end, many either forgetting to post or just not showing up anymore. This is unprecedented in the history of this Forum.

I suggest that all those who snuck out of the tournament without an apology have their "Fighter" status removed

MemoryShock has done a fantastic job of setting it up and the Forum deserves better.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yes I agree. I haven't been here long enough to stamp my foot with any authority in my opinion, but you're right. It seems, well, rude.

PS I like the dolphins.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join