It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I tried moonshine once...

On multiple days.

Ghastly stuff and I swear to god you may as well go to Rite-Aid and buy some Isuproyl Alcohol for like ninety-nine cents a bottle...

Still, it wasn't worse then the time I took a double shot of Vodka and was given a water chaser that just so happened to be another double shot of Vodka. I kept it down though, despite the uproarious laughter...

Edit to Add: 200 pages already...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

what will you debating?

than s-dog doesn.t have to feel bored anymore

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Glorious.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Must be a conspiracy.

My worst drinking experience was when I took a double shot of Wild Turkey (ugh) and was given a red plastic cup full of "Pepsi" that turned out to be a half full cup of Jack Daniels.

I got about 3 gulps of the Jack down before I realized what was going on. (had already done quite a bit of drinking) I only remember bits and pieces after that.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Then you understand my pain. My experience was at about 11am so I wasn't yet intoxicated. It took quite a bit of concentration to get beyond the physical reaction.

But I kept it down and earned the respect of people whom I would require payment from to lick my feet after I have explored New York's sewer system...

I like to pretend elitist sometimes...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Woke up on the sofa one afternoon after a party that went on quite late.

Fuzzy head, dry mouth, reached for a pint full of blackcurrant cordial.

Turned out to be whiskey that someone had mixed with water and blackcurrent cordial - had gulped half before I realised what it was.

Needless to say that was it for me, for the day - an hour later a few people came back from the pub (having been down for a hair of the dog) and the party recommenced.

I think I might have abused alcohol a bit when I was young

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Nice.

Mine happened at like 2 a.m. and I had already had more than I care to admit. I'm not sure why I stopped after like 3 gulps because I'm pretty sure I blacked out while drinking it.

I do remember coming to in the middle of a field (we were camping) puking my guts out. Then I was in bed at home the next night all the sudden.

Fun stuff.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I think I might have abused alcohol a bit when I was young

Sometimes I think I did too.

I look back fondly on those times but I don't think I'd do it again.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Nor me - a few beers on a friday and saturday night is more than enough for me these days, and I actually enjoy it more

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think a new debate is going to be posted up shortly - maybe over the weekend. It will be nyk537, jsobecky, and I. Each one of us will take our natural perspective towards politics:

nyk537 - Conservative
jsobecky - Independent (still working on getting a precise perspective)
Me - Liberal

I guess we'll have to formulate the country, but it would go something like, "In times like this, where party control over the branches of government are so crucial, my party would be best to serve the nation...."

I don't know, something like that. I'm not a great question writer. Anyway, just wanted to give the heads up - it's going to get crazy!

Should be 15 posts - 5 each.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Politics.

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Awww c'mon schro. This may be the first real political discussion in a long time.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I am encouraged by your optimism, yet wary from experience.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
nyk537 - Conservative
jsobecky - Independent (still working on getting a precise perspective)
Me - Liberal

Interesting...this will require some tinkering with the debate rules...

Is jsobecky for sure? If so, he is going to need status...keep Semper, The Vagabond or myself updated with details...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Oh wow, I would love to be included in some future political debates. I am sure, being one of the few anarchists on board, that I would be a fun contribution to the mix

Maybe after I prove myself with my first debate

Looking forward to following your guys political debate

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Getting charged out the ass to print my papers at the school library after my printer died: $35
Cost to buy your professor a 12 pack of yuengling to bump that 78 to a B:$9.79
Sipping on Crown Royal on the rocks knowing finally I got a few days to kickback: Priceless

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I've got you beat. I once gave my prof 10 bucks that he had just dropped and told him normally I'd keep it, but A students don't do that (I had just finished a final exam and knew I didn't get the perfect score I needed to save my cumulative 4.0).
He took it very graciously and innocently, then a few hours later I realized that i was the one who had dropped the 10- and it wasn't mine. I honestly had no idea- I usually dont keep loose bills in the same pocket as my cigarettes for exactly that reason, but I had taken up a collection to buy pizza during our final exam in my next class and didn't want to get the pizza pool mixed in with my bankroll.

I was VERY embarrassed, but I got the A. I don't know if he decided to curve because nobody got an A, or if he felt that he had been bribed. (and I'm well aware than nobody is ever going to believe my side of that story but god help me it's true).

And yeah, I ate the loss and bought my class pizza.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Hah nice. I wish I had the motivation to get a 4.0. I got a 1400 on my SAT, despite taking it still drunk from the night before going into hangover mode. Ohwells, at least I haven't flunked out like 2/3rds of my friends have. Been there too with the accidentally putting loose change in the cigarette pocket as well.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by FSBlueApocalypse]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Back up and online, with a new O/S installed (Ubuntu 8.10).

The thing was released less than two months ago, and it already wants to download 195MB of updates.

So I'm stuck looking at ATS with the default fonts - wow it looks strange!

Picky me had to do a clean re-install of the O/S (not too hard since I keep all my data on separate partitions). So I'll probably be in 'apt-get' mode for the rest of the night... better start drinking! Now that I've finished defining new hard drive partitions, what could go wrong?

So, any word on when the Skirmishes are scheduled to start? I didn't see any timeline in my brief catch-up glance at the thread...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Shh... keep your support for the penguin on the down low my King... they don't take kindly to furries rounds here...

new topics

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join