It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 197
<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I intentionally ignored the government statements by The Vagabond as I am well aware that politics is his strength...and I didn't need it.

Excellent strategy. Did you really have to say that where everyone else could see it?

Perhaps I could have informed you of that (to explain why I let some things slide) in a u2u, but realistically, anyone who wants to browse your post history will arrive at the same conclusion...

As for debating Ian? Well, perhaps after the New Year. The rematch will be fun but this is the busiest time of the year...hence light hearted Skirmishes (though I still encourage anyone to go ahead with personal Challenge Matches..
)...

And TWISI...what's with the female wiles on a virtual forum...

Not that you need to stop...

[edit on 3-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Posting to reveal next page

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I set the parameters at the health and moral issues concerning vegetarianism, with you pro and I con,

I was thinking about it some more; I'd rather the debate not be about ones personal moral superiority for choosing the vegetarian diet.

Moreso, the positive justifications of having the Industrial World embrace an entirely vegetarian diet. (macro versus micro).

So...inline with your 'Vegetarianism: a positive advancement for Humanity'.

That is, if it's not too late to retract from my earlier nonchalantness'ish

It's totally cool if our debate moderators have already started on the design

Otherwise, is this direction good for you too?

In reading your posts and interactions on the board, Lucid, I have always found you to be a gentleman who treats others with courtesy and politeness. Such is not necessarily my nature ... (But IN the debate, I'll rip you to shreds if I get the chance, so don't be surprised.)

As for our general dispositions. I may in fact continue to be the humble cat in the ring as well
Allthewhile aware that your dragon alter-ego will no doubt metamorphosize claws at first blood
Don't be afraid to let your true colours show!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Femine wiles work in all mediums, don't you guys kno - Ooops! ... Uhh... nevermind, whatever you said...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Femine wiles work in all mediums

Feminine wiles even work at "low".
Male wiles, on the other hand, don't even work when set to "stun". For all the flak my gender takes for its oppressive ways, when all is said and done... we've got the short end of the... no wait, I think I'll choose a different metaphor... we aren't exactly making out like.... no, um... we're the ones getting scre.... dangit, nevermind.

New subject men. We have to get together and come up with some clean metaphors. It's hard to argue against feminism when your language is dripping with chauvanism.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Otherwise, is this direction good for you too?

Taking it "macro" does negate a few of the points I had in mind and, in my opinion, makes it somewhat unrealistic because we both know that's not going to happen .. but .. I'll deal with whatever they come up with. My basic position isn't affected either way.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
LETS GO TAR HEELS[/SIZE]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

Taking it "macro" does negate a few of the points I had in mind and,

in my opinion, makes it somewhat unrealistic because we both know that's not going to happen ..

I thought the most realistic position, in the grand scheme, was to embrace the 'never say never' philosophy
It's my opinion that we will in fact eventually convert the global food industry to vegetarian. But hey, that's neither here nor there.

What I was getting at; was the progression towards that state, not the attainment of it specifically, as being the morally just movement.

I am not meaning to distract or stall our debate. I apologize if that's what I am in affect doing. I just feared the micro development of 'the vegetarian is the better person'.

But I will also work within the scope of the topic parameters

*sending that u2u

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
It's my opinion that we will in fact eventually convert the global food industry to vegetarian.

Well, if it does happen, that should help with "overpopulation."

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I can't wait to debate either Heike or Lucid Lunacy...

...now that I know I can get there entire perspective on an issue prior to the opening argument...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

rofl

If what I revealed comes back to bite me, it will be a learning experience for me hehe. Becoming a better debater is half the reason

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I love it when people underestimate me.

Besides, Shock, aren't tournament matches usually random topic and random sides? So advance discussion simply isn't possible.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
Besides, Shock, aren't tournament matches usually random topic and random sides? So advance discussion simply isn't possible.

It was more of a 'hint, hint' type of statement rather than a literal expression...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Ooooh, I see.

Gee, thanks "Dad."

I'm off to bed, see y'all from work in 10 hours or so.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A drink for the Club

.Finlandia Grapefruit vodka
.Club Soda
.Ruby-Red Squirt
.Lime wedge

Ruby-Red Press?

I know what you're all thinking.... it sounds Dangerous. It is.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
@memory congrats to your win of the challenge match versus the vagabond, although i am very sad not to see the debate be finished.
it was very interesting for me to read.

a question: do we have to u2u you to get the debtate thread open, when we are going to start?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Tar Heels?

I'd still like to see them play a real team this year....

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Aight Pub, I've now been up a good 34 hours, but got both 20+ page papers done and going to turn them in on the ASAP. Then I'll need a nap followed by a nice stiff drink when I come back.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Pfft. Bring it on. Just rolled the #6 team. And by rolled I mean, I don't even know if MSU showed up.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

MSU won't even finish the season as a ranked team. How they were ranked that high I have no idea. Nothing personal, I just have an ingrained disdain for NC (basketball wise).

What do you expect though? I'm a Kentucky fan. (Who has become disgustingly used to having mediocre teams lately).

More than anything I just really can't stand Hansborough. Not really sure why either.

new topics

top topics

<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join