It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I would say you have your hands full!!!!

That should be a debate to watch

Semper

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
congratulations Heike, I know you were anxious about the result

Overall I felt it was deserved and a good debate by both fighters.

Oh, and Heike, for old times sake: www.foxnews.com... !

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Congrats Heike on the victory and a great debate!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
FSB, thank you for the opportunity to present my views on a topic that I actually feel strongly about. You don't remember the days when children watched Lassie and Leave it to Beaver and the Little Rascals and the most violence they were exposed to was Elmer Fudd trying to shoot the wabbit (who of course never bled or died) or Wile E. Coyote making a crater at the bottom of a cliff (and of course getting up and walking off in spite of being a bit flat).

A husband and wife sleeping in the same bed while fully clad in their flannel pj's was "adult content," and Captain Kirk being made to kiss Lt. Uhura by evil aliens (the first interracial kiss shown on TV) was a real shocker.

Go ahead, laugh and roll your eyes and say "how quaint," but I really don't think that the world we have now is an improvement or any kind of "advancement." Just look at how children USED to behave and how they act now. I don't think it would have ever entered the head of a child whose heart's desire was his own Lassie or a Red Ryder BB gun to say "F _ _ _ You" when asked by an adult not to skateboard on the sidewalk where people are walking.

Ah well, I'm ranting again.

Thanks to all for the congratulations and thank you again, FSB, for letting me pick up the other side of your debate. Thank you Semper for setting it up for us, and thanks to everyone who read it and the judges.

And Osci .. nice link .. but last Friday when my truck and 2-horse trailer were broke down on the side of the highway and my friend and I were standing in the grass at the side of the highway with our horses on lead ropes waiting for her husband to come and rescue us .. the state trooper who stopped could have said or done a lot of negative things (I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to graze your horses on the side of the highway
) or ticketed me, but he was only friendly and helpful and kind.

And I apologize to all about the really bad mood I've been in. I thought I killed my truck, and I'm still not entirely sure I didn't. I'm getting a new radiator for it after work today (more plastic debt) and praying that that and the new battery & cables we installed at 10pm Friday on the side of the highway in order to get it home are all that's wrong. Right now I can't make it between home and work without stopping to put more water in it. Plus we are having to boycott Christmas entirely this year; it'll be all we can do to get propane and things we HAVE to have to survive the winter. No fun telling the folks and the inlaws to just leave us out of Christmas this year ... So, yep, I'm in a funk and sorry for my attitude, it's really nothing any of y'all have done (or not done). Reality continues to ruin my life.

I may be premature or out of line, but a few potential topics for Holiday skirmishes have entered my head:

Insurance companies should make holiday accident insurance available, especially to cover grandmothers and specifically to include reindeer accidents.

Santa's elves need a labor union.

There's no such thing as a tacky Christmas decoration - it's the spirit that counts.

Where'd the red and green come from, anyway? Christmas colors should be white and blue!

Santa's reindeer are fake!

Ban real Christmas trees! Killing a living thing is not in the spirit of Christmas.

Santa doesn't use chimneys any more, since most places don't have them. But there is an entry point that nearly all homes have - the toilet!

Santa Claus: not a name but a hereditary title.

Everyone should be able to get free anti-anxiety medications during the Holidays.

We should use emerging weather-control technology to ensure everyone a White Christmas.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Heike]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
hi

a bit strange to post here for the first time.

i am a new fighter and will start a debate with carrot on dec 13.

so drinks tonight are on me.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Yipeee
Good to see you here and looking forward to follow your debate!

P.S: I could use some potent party punch! There's nothing like some PPP to liven the spirit.

1 bottle (1 1/4 pints (712 ml)) Red Wine
1 pint (570ml) Medium Sweet Cider
3 tbls. (45ml) honey (+ extra to taste if required)
3 tsp. heaped Whole Allspice
2 Cinnamon sticks - roughly broken
2 tbls. (30ml) dark rum

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

OL! Hello! I just saw your name as the last reply to this thread on myATS and a big grin grew on my face. Welcome!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Congrats on your first victory Heike!!!

And we have our first DATS defection...(way to teach the penguins subliminal dream manipulations, Ian...
)

Challenge Match: orange-light vs CA_ROT: Imaginary Friends Over The InterWebs?

Welcome, orange_light!!

I can't wait to see what you can do...

And as an aside, if you guys and gals have sugesttions for Holiday Debate Topics, please post them. Semperfortis and I are getting ready to determine dates (so you may want to postpone any tentatively scheduled debates).

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hi orange-light
Welcome to Fight Club!

@Heike: I'll take "con" on "There are no tacky Christmas decorations" if it can be a pictures-only fight

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Welcome! You finally made it! Great to see you here.

You may have to serve drinks and mop the floor for a few days, but that's the worst of it. Besides, it seems there's only you and me here at the moment, so..

*Heike breaks into the champagne stash and opens a bottle to celebrate Orange's arrival.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I went off to find pictures of tacky Christmas decorations and didn't come up with anything really egregious yet.

But I did find this, which I just think is wrong

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Santa.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
thanks friends for the warm welcome and the champagne
i am overwhealmed

i have experiences in serving drinks heike btw. congrats to that fantastic win! well fought!

some punch to start with?

and sandwiches

i will stick to gingerbread

@dingbats
that is completly wrong with santa

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Welcome to the FightClubPub Orange Light. Im glad you made it.

OrangeLight is someone who has been reading our debates for awhile now

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Heike, there is most definetly a line between "In the season" and tacky. Sorry seems reality has been biting abit hard lately.

What's up Orange Light, welcome.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

thanks sky and FSB

i followed the debates quiet closely recently

good stuff and i learnt a lot of them!

edit on sky's advice

[edit on 2-12-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I know you were worried about joining because English is not your first language.

(Please edit "the last time" and replace it with the word "recently")

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
@Heike: I'll take "con" on "There are no tacky Christmas decorations" if it can be a pictures-only fight

Oh, no no no no .. I may have only won one debate, but I'm not stoopit. You'd only need one picture to win THAT debate:

and trust me, it looks even tackier on a trailer.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Anyone down with a 3 person debate? All three choose a different side? That would be crazy.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

thanks sky

i am still a bit worried
i guess i will get better everyday with a little help from my friends

so feel free to correct me if it is necessary.

edit prepositon on heike's adice

[edit on 2-12-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If I was judging, I would not use grammar as a factor (especially if given a notation in fine print that it wasn't your first language).

new topics

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join