It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I wish he hadn't killed himself.

He'd be a living legend.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well... I secretly always have wanted to have a heavy equipment fight. Get a couple of Cat 988G front end loaders and another operator and the first one upside down loses.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
AND DONE. OFF TO THE JUDGES.

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by Heike

Hey, that's a great price, and healthy too!

Oh wait, no, I didn't say that!

Damn you, I wish I could hold you accountable for that.

P.S I do NOT buy organic food, and I cringed at my stance when I first read it. But in retrospect, it made the whole thing a lot more fun since I was less liable to break the furniture in case I lost.

Heike: I snapped a rib when I read the all capped p*****ide. Nevermind the soundwaves.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was (and still am) very interested in that debate. I really DO have free range chickens, and I have customers who beg me for eggs at $3 a dozen. Why? Because they taste better! One of my coworkers has a teenaged son who loves eggs. She ran out of my eggs and had to buy some at the store. When she served them to her son (without telling him they weren't my eggs) he took one bite and said "Aw Mom! These are sweatshop eggs!" (Personally, I think it's the horse manure that makes my eggs taste better.
)

Before another move and rising gas prices interfered, I used to drive 40 miles (one-way) just to get raw milk and cheeses from a local dairy. I grow my own vegetables using NO pesticides and I'm pretty darn sure they're healthier. They certainly taste better.

Had I been in on that debate, I'd have pointed out that the REAL problem is all the chemicals and artificial substances in processed food that we don't even know about. For me, trying to be "organic" is more about avoiding all the stuff they put in our food that they fail to mention on the label. Did you know that processed vegetable oils and margarine go rancid during processing (due to heat) and have to be BLEACHED and DEODORIZED before they're offered for consumption?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Well fought, my friend, well fought.

reply to post by Heike

HEY! Keep it down over here until the judges have made their decisions!

Oscitate should recognize this

What, Heike, do you hate pesticides? Guess you're okay with catching e. coli then also. Have fun with that.

All fun and games. In reality, I think organic food probably does taste better, and is probably a bit healthier. Would be nice if they could mix both conventional farming with organic so we could have the best of both worlds.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Excellent debate, Mick/Oscitate...
It has been closed and is awaiting judgment...

Same with yours as well, Maria/Schro Dog...

Whew! What a lazy couple of days. I hardly got out of bed and occassionally checked in here but was incredibly unmotivated...

I'm back, though, just in time to see The Vagabond's reply...yowzer.

We shall see where this goes...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Actually, my dear Mick, unlike most people who use antibacterial everything and try to live in semi-sterile environments, I have a functioning immune system. E. Coli doesn't scare me a bit! I'm sure I probably got a few with my last serving of steak tartare

I'm 51, overweight, and have a family history of all sorts of health problems, and yet I am sick less often than most of the people around me who are half my age or less and would appear to be much more fit and healthy than I. The one time I've seen a doctor for other than a routine visit in the past 3 or 4 years, it was because I thought my foot was broken (horse stepped on it).

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Free range humans are always healthier.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Good one, SDog. Made me laugh out loud for real.

Sorry about going off there... what I call "real food" and holistic/homeopathic medicine are the two things I tend to "preach" about.

I'll go back in my corner and shut up now.. :#]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey, guys! I'm checking out for the remainder of the week to do that whole Turkey Day thing. In the meantime, I wish all of you a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving holiday!

Take care and don't forget elastic waistband pants will be your best friend tomorrow!

Ciao! Chow and all that jazz!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Have an excellent Turkey day, Maria!!

I am currently torn between the idea of taking a 24 hour extension and dealing with the rest of my argument tomorrow (it's basically unformulated; that's a tribute to The Vagabond) or cough out a response at the last minute...The coffee had an adverse effect on me this morning; made me want to crawl into bed...

Semper...you are a cruel and unusual human.

For shame...:shk:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Why don't you and The Vag, can I say that?
, take a 24hr Thanksgiving freeze?

[edit on 11/26/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Making Mem choose between hammering one out today, or taking a 24 hour extension and then hammer one out after thanksgiving dinner doesn't really seem cool.

I'd be all for calling an optional freeze, such as no more deadlines until late friday or so.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I get called Vag and TV from time to time, and I've never been sexually insecure enough for either one to bother me.

Just don't call me Vegabond, Vagabound, or VagaBANNED. I've been called all three of those- I only understood how one of them came about.
I actually went to the trouble of hunting down a real live Brit and asking if Vagabond was one of those words where they add a "u" just for the hell of it, but it's not. (you know, like they do in flavor, color, and I think also seabass lol).

But I'm gonna read Irish v Oscitate soon, and if I side with Irish you can call me Vegiebond.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

If we really wanted to be immature we could call you The Vag-a-butt.

(Hopes Vagabond isn't a judge)

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Na, wouldn't be ethical for me to publically make up names for myself on the basis of my leaning in a debate if I was a judge.
Besides I can't judge any debates till I'm done building my killdozer.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Making Mem choose between hammering one out today, or taking a 24 hour extension and then hammer one out after thanksgiving dinner doesn't really seem cool.

I'd be all for calling an optional freeze, such as no more deadlines until late friday or so.

How about this for s suggestion...you allot me a few more hours tonight to finetune my argument(which is well underway) and I will acquiesce to a Thanksgiving freeze, so that you have the benefit of an extension as well. I know giving you extra time does not necessarily behoove me, but a few extra hours tonight can leave us in an even situation to take advantage of the holiday freeze.

What do you think? I will continue composing my argument regardless...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah, that would be fine.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Yeah, that would be fine.

Cool. I will have it up by 8:00pm tonight, after which your deadline can extend to ~8:00pm Friday night...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cool. Take a few more hours as needed if you stumble upon a new line of argument you want to check out or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join