It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fight Club Pub.

page: 16
40
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537
 


We´re all set up. MemoryShock made sure to pick a catchy title:

Baring it all in public

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Skyfloating]




posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


Excellent!


I look forward to this match a great deal. Good luck!




posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 

Oh that should be fun... remember, Sky, you don't have to walk the walk -- wearing clothes while typing up your posts is quite acceptable.


Though you could perhaps temporarily edit your avatar to add little naked people sunbathing on the beach...
With pixelated modesty-filters in appropriate locations, of course.



posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   


Way to come charging out of the gate Sky! Were you holding that one in your back pocket waiting to use it?


Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.



posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by Skyfloating
 

Oh that should be fun... remember, Sky, you don't have to walk the walk -- wearing clothes while typing up your posts is quite acceptable.


Though you could perhaps temporarily edit your avatar to add little naked people sunbathing on the beach...
With pixelated modesty-filters in appropriate locations, of course.


Well, according to debate topic I have my clothes on in front of the computer and only undress when I go out.



posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537


Way to come charging out of the gate Sky! Were you holding that one in your back pocket waiting to use it?


Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.


naw....I had the option of getting the other side too.

But remembering some of your fantastic debates (my favourite: the one against the holocaust-denier), I know I have to step up my game.



posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537
 


I must say I laughed all the way through your first response.


The image of nude construction workers hammering away finally did me in.


This will be my last comment to you on this thread for the remainder of the debate. Things will get serious now.



posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Unusually quiet in here this week isn't it?

Must just be everyone entirely devoted to their debates.


I was hoping to see some people from the Public Pub appearing in here after getting some debates scheduled.

Perhaps our collective intellect is too much?




posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have one started but my esteemed opponent hasn't showed up yet.

He seemed like a good guy, hope he shows up!



posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I have one started but my esteemed opponent hasn't showed up yet.

He seemed like a good guy, hope he shows up!



Does he know he´s got a debate up? If not you could drop him a note.



posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1
 


Ahh the masonry debate. I hope they show up as well.



posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I sent him a couple of U2U's and MemoryShock sent some also.

He may just be busy and I am cool with that.



posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Some more topic ideas

Our fight for independence was based on liberal ideas.

Will the Native North American Indian ever reclaim their land like the Jews have?

State rights vs. Federal Government.

Should Supreme Court Justices have term limits?

Is a future Theocracy in the USA possible?



posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Great debate Skyfloating!

That was a ton of fun. It's great to have a little "light" debate every now and then.
Although for a "light" debate it got pretty heavy.




posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Great debate Skyfloating!

That was a ton of fun. It's great to have a little "light" debate every now and then.
Although for a "light" debate it got pretty heavy.



I was expecting some light entertainment, but we got pretty serious there in the last parts of the debate. Wow.

Plenty of laugh-out-loud moments there too though.



posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I still have three posts to read but I loved what I read so far.

The construction worker analogy had me in tears( and a little bit nauseous.)



posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I still have three posts to read but I loved what I read so far.

The construction worker analogy had me in tears( and a little bit nauseous.)




That anaology hit me too. It was my hardest laugh this week.



posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


I'm glad everyone is enjoying our debate.

That was a tough point to argue by the way. It's easy to feel torn on a subject such as that; from either side I could imagine.

I like the new avatar by the way.



posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

That was a tough point to argue by the way. It's easy to feel torn on a subject such as that; from either side I could imagine.


During the debate I thought about taking on the other side of the topic someday.

I wonder what it would have been like with reversed sides and what we would have come up with.



posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


That's an interesting thought. The sides we were arguing kind of fell into place with the societies we live in.

I can bet it would have been interesting to see how we would have argued the other way.

Hmm...




new topics

top topics



 
40
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join