It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Suit Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Skip to 2:55 in the video.

From the right of screen a guy will run across to the tank on the left of screen. The uploader provided a red circle around him. As he is running across he appears invisible like a shimmer in the air. When he gets to the tank he becomes visible and is in some sort of beige suit.

As he runs past the marines line of sight they run into the area he ran past. One marine notices he is on top of the tank. At 3:14 its clear that he points in the direction he came from and the marines move towards that area.

- New material "perfectly absorbs light," converting it to heat:
While research into light refracting metamaterials has produced a few neat, if very small toys, some groups, like the British Royal Navy, are taking cloaking devices quite seriously. Mostly, this type of thing works on negative refraction indexes, the materials merely bend light, visible or otherwise, around themselves. While this would be incredibly useful for Motoko Kusanagi or Klingon Birds of Prey, cloaking materials don't have a lot of use in generic, not blowing up the bad guys, applications.

A collaboration between Boston College and Duke University has developed a metamaterial that might be slightly more useful to scientists and engineers. Their new metallic metamaterial absorbs light perfectly. The resonating materials can absorb both the electrical and magnetic properties of electromagnetic waves over a narrow frequency range, turning the light into heat.

“Three things can happen to light when it hits a material. It can be reflected, as in a mirror. It can be transmitted, as with window glass. Or it can be absorbed and turned into heat. This metamaterial has been engineered to ensure that all light is neither reflected nor transmitted, but is turned completely into heat and absorbed. It shows we can design a metamaterial so that at a specific frequency it can absorb all of the photons that fall onto its surface,” explains Boston College's Willie J. Padilla, a leading researcher in optics and metamaterials.

As the material's properties make it easily scalable, though the absorption range is narrow, it could be tuned to a vast portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. Some of the possible uses for a material like this include light detectors and electronic imaging applications.

www.dailytech.com...

The heat output might be whats causing the shimmer.

My conservative approach the color of his clothes and the poor video quality, low frame rate causes him to appear invisible.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by blahdiblah]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
That was really strange, where did he come from and why did he lie down on the tank and then go into it.

Did he come out of the tank when the hatch opened?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well at the beginning a tank runs over an IED and then keeps on going. Not to long afterwards a new tank arrives.

Some guy pops his head out of the new tank but no visible movement by an individual leaving the that tank can been seen. Then the soldiers arrive in a vehicle and shortly after that 'snake' comes sprinting across.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nice find, maybe Snake (good name for him btw) was doing some kind of recon off somewhere to the right, called in the marines and because he's in the suit and has no weapons he needs to get cover in the tank.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah he looked unarmed and didn't have all the bulges that comes with wearing body armor, so most probably on recon.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's an interesting clip.

Your getting a star and flag.

But what peaple need to realise is optical suit or no optical suit the human body give's of huge amount's of heat.

Any thermal equipment would pick him up like a well lit christmas tree.

Ok for places like Iraq but against a modern force not so good.

However that aside this is indeed very chilling to view.

Who know's they might have found a way to remove the heat signature.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 3-6-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This video only pisses me off and makes me wish the place would be nuked and get it over with already. What a propaganda video with all the allah singing.
BTW, I'm not saying the OP is using the video as propaganda, just that it's easy to tell this video was made for that purpose.

I don't know if the 'snake' thing is real. It sort of looks fake, like it was added in after the fact but I guess you never know. If it was the enemy, why would he run onto the tank and do nothing? If it was the enemy then you would think he would have dropped a grenade or something inside the tank while up there. And you know the video would have shown the second tank blowing up.

I don't know but I think it's fake.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
After the first tank gets hit and the second arrives to provide support and cover you see the Tankers from the first tank go to the right presumably to get cover. Maybe the first tank was on fire so they had to disembark. After the humves arrive and support is on the ground it appers "Snake" one of the tankers from the first tank comes over to talk to the scond tankers. most liekely the tankers would not be wearing any body armor or gear. I think the effect we are seeing is from a crappy camera if you notice when the soldiers get out of he humve this effect is also noticeable as he sort of morphs out of what should be the door. Very strange to watch thats for sure. Just wish they would have seen the camera and put a sniper overwatching it as it was clearly placed to capture the event.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

The video was made for propaganda yes !

But that's the total appeal and brilliance of it for me.

These guy's were filming a insurgent act with a camera that was left on location then something totally without warning come's into shot.

Something that seem's to be a man wearing a thermo optic camo suit.

Now am i right in thinking that what you are saying is these insurgent's added the guy in or something ?

Cos mate why the hell would they do that ?

It would only install fear into there own men.

What we have hear is something quite special and what make's it more special is the fact it was filmed by the insurgent's and not a marine or someone else.

See what im getting at ?

You say it look's fake fair enough.

But why does the marine run around the front of the vehicle to challenge the person when there is nobody even out of the cupola in the first place ?

And again i MUST stress why would insurgent edit a video to show some tech that would frankly destroy anyone's moral.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Now am i right in thinking that what you are saying is these insurgent's added the guy in or something ?

No, that is not what I was saying. Perhaps I was not clear. I am not saying the terrorist added the 'snake' man. I am saying that if it's fake, someone else added it in afterwards just to spark this conversation. Why? I don't know. I guess the same reason why people fake UFO pictures and videos.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All I'm saying is that these things can be faked. Take a look at this video and tell me what you think:

[edit on 3-6-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well now that we understand each other i would like to say sorry if i came of as being a little brash and rude.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
This video only pisses me off and makes me wish the place would be nuked and get it over with already. What a propaganda video with all the allah singing.
BTW, I'm not saying the OP is using the video as propaganda, just that it's easy to tell this video was made for that purpose.

I don't know if the 'snake' thing is real. It sort of looks fake, like it was added in after the fact but I guess you never know. If it was the enemy, why would he run onto the tank and do nothing? If it was the enemy then you would think he would have dropped a grenade or something inside the tank while up there. And you know the video would have shown the second tank blowing up.

I don't know but I think it's fake.

Yep the video is definitely made for insurgency propaganda purposes. But I'm sure that if you showed a US military occupation propaganda video with lots of 'USA, USA, USA,' chanting in it to a bunch of Iraqis, Afghanis or Iranians it would have the same affect on them as it does on you. Thats neither here nor there when it comes to the point of this video. The point is that

I think the 'snake' individual is real. Here is why:

1. Firstly when he runs across the marines line of sight 'between the wall and the tank' they are drawn to that location.

2. When he gets on top of the tank one of the marines goes and checks out the tank.

3. The marine and snake seem to be in some sort of conversation.

4. At 3:14 snake points to where he has just run from and as soon as he does that the marines go of to that location, then he gets in the tank.

What i think this suggests is that snake has done some recon and is relaying that info back to the marines.

I think your best line of debunking for this video is poor quality and low frame rate coupled with the color of his suit. Overall it gives him the appearance of being invisible in the video when he is moving quickly and the backdrop is colors similar to his suit.

I think he has some sort of stealth suit on.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by blahdiblah]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blahdiblah

Only other thing i find odd is this.

The guy seem's to have no personal weapon this would make perfect sense as the suit he wear's would be rendered useless with a weapon.

Now i dont need to be a rocket scientist to tell you that when you carry out operation's in Iraq you need to be armed plus the fact that any good soldier put's his weapon before himself.

Infact your weapon on the battlefield is your whole purpose in being there it is even more important than food and water to the individual.

So you see this could be something that add's to the guy actually being optically camed up.

You would have to be an utter loon ball to run around like that with no weapon.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That video is fake and i fail to see the point your trying to make with it.

The two situation's are a million miles apart on the one hand we have a guy 2 ft from camera wearing a jacket that is acting almost like a blue screen.

In the other situation we have a man dashing across the picture onto a vehicle with no weapon and is actually seen by other's there.

Seen enough infact to be taken as a possible threat to the tank he climb's upon.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ok so I have watched the video several times and my take on it is:

The Insurgents place a mine/IED on the road in the foreground.

They also hide a camcorder on a short tripod to capture what is happening

The first tank comes rolling in and activates the Mine/IED and blows the rotors in the track, they attempt to keep moving as the crew is left unharmed. They refuse to evacuate the vehicle as insurgents may be in the area waiting their opportunity to pick off the escapees.

Insurgents or civilians come running from the area the tank has retreated to

Tank #2 comes rolling in, and halts advance to cover tank #1 from ambush

Our "snake" comes running from the direction the insurgents/civilians just ran to with possible recon info for the squad

The Humvee squad comes in for possible evac and cover fire if need be

the IC marine makes communication with "snake" and the squad moves in
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now as far as I can tell the "snake" is truly camouflaged, but becomes visible due to a few possibilities.

It could of been controlled visibility deactivation

Power to the suit's generator was drained

The recon was finished, and the scout chose to conserve energy and deactivated the cloaking field

The tanks dark colour caused the suits optical illusion of invisibility to cease

or even there was no suit, it is all in your mind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the Marine descending from the Humvee and having the same effect, no he was just behind the door before he closed it abruptly.

If this is truly a stealth suit then this was not made to instill fear in the insurgents but to educate them in the knowledge that the US has the technology to cloak individual marines. The reason another marine would not of taped this is because the technology would be extremely highly classified and on a need to know basis. I'm sure they don't want this technology to come into the wrong hands....

Could you imaging a cloaked radical jihadist in a secure area like the green zone!??!??! it would be complete madness....

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I dont know, some things seem not to make sense.

Why would the camo-guy climb into the tank? Its been a long time but isnt the inside of an M1 a bit cramped with 4 other people already in it?

He seems to move almost too fast, from the run across the screen to the climbing into the tank.

Wny climb into the tank? Why not the hmmwv? Why run when the calvary arrives? Further, there is no apparent weapon or other gear, just this light brown head-to-toe suit, there are no separate shoes/boots visible.

His movements seem ... almost normal, but not quite.

I'd have to stay on the fence here, but leaning to some editing.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, if he doesn't have armour the tank would be the best place to be. A guy wearing such a suit would also undoubtedly be Special Forces, and those guys can move. He may not have had a weapon or radio, as that would give away the game, so he goes into the tank to report whats happened. It seems logical to me that the boots maybe built directly into the suit.

If anything the snakes behaivor seems to indicate something unusual is going on. If he was just another trooper, wouldn't he grab cover behind the tank and report to the guys who just got out of the humvee?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by danwild6

I think you hit the nail on the head Dan!

Although the tank operates with 4 personal you do not know how many were in there presently, perhaps this was a 2-3 manned tank, containing only the Driver, gunner, and commander acting also as loader if need be, thus allowing room for the snake to take cover and report to base via comlink inside.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blahdiblah

The technology is there. But in the video it is easy to understand that the person running back to the tank is from the first group that runs to the right. And the video may not be the original. Someone could have gotten the video and made changes just to make you sit here and talk about it. There was nothing special about the way the coveralls looked, he had no head covering, and the editing was bad.

Respectfully
me

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join