It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's opponents are made to vanish from TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Putin's opponents are made to vanish from TV

www.iht.com

On a talk show last autumn, a prominent political analyst named Mikhail Delyagin offered some tart words about Vladimir Putin. When the program was televised, Delyagin was not.

His remarks were cut and he was digitally erased from the show, like a disgraced comrade airbrushed from an old Soviet photo. (The technicians may have worked a bit hastily; they left his disembodied legs in one shot.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh my, now isnt that intresting...

Putin is a Bad man i tell you...

This is some good stuff... i dont know if we any Russian Members here on ATS, but i wonder what everyone thinks of this...

I know if something like this happen in the US, people would FREAK out...

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Putin doesn't seem to trust anyone but himself to run the country. Some might argue that his tough policies have brought Russia back to prominance. But others would disagree..

Putin claims credit for having saved Russia from splitting apart. But Stanford University professor Michael McFaul says the idea that Putin has brought stability and prosperity to Russia is a myth.

"Russia's return or Russia's economic growth under Putin has as much to do with world oil prices and economic reforms of the '90s as it does with anything that Mr. Putin himself did," McFaul says.

Source: NPR

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Bush does this as well, only not as frequently and more secretively. It's not all too surprising that Putin would do something like this, though. I believe it's been said that he's had political opponents gotten rid of before too.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Bush does this as well, only not as frequently and more secretively

Bush isnt handing out Polonium sushi... or sensoring late night TV, which is primarly the left-wing bush bashers...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
this reminds me of the US presidential race and the media refusing to acknowledge Ron Paul`s existance - going so far as moving away from media interviews.

so how is this different to russia?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well, it's hardily surprising that Putin would do this sort of thing - after all the guy is rumoured to have numerous dealings in less than savvy circles, the kind of people not really interested in running the country but are more than willing to take advantage of it (remind you of someone?).

Hopefully he hasn't set the benchmark.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
this reminds me of the US presidential race and the media refusing to acknowledge Ron Paul`s existance - going so far as moving away from media interviews.

so how is this different to russia?

Thats not comparable.

Dr. Paul has gotten Media attention here in the states, albit, not as much as the 3 front-runners, but he doesnt have the numbers like they do....

Plus, they broadcast Pauls numbers from the primaries... where he is getting beat by guys that dropped out of the race MONTHS ago...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

well , when the likes of cnn and fox move away from ron paul and block him from interviews when it involves other candidates - i think it is rather comparable

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

well , when the likes of cnn and fox move away from ron paul and block him from interviews when it involves other candidates - i think it is rather comparable

No matter how much i like Dr. Paul, i cannot honestly EVEN think that these are comparavble....

Paul is being beaten by people that dropped out MONTHS AGO...

HE GOT 4 votes in Puerto Rico... 4... even the Huckster got 5 votes...

top topics

join