It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, is any of this worth anything? if so what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I just got a surplus of tons of computer supplies
I am not trying to sell or advertise at all here. I just want some honest information about these devices.

I have a lot of these Cornerstone Image Accel 2 video cards

an I have lots of 200 watt power supplies

50 or so Pentium 3 slot processors. an Pentium 2.

But even more video cards, an Ethernet cards, an mother boards & indeed a a lot of dis colored CD drives, like a lot of them, a couple dvd drives and so on.

all from computers 1996-2000 it seems.

I just wanna melt it down for all the gold, which is not a lot. but hey.

anyways if anyone could help out, it would be cool to get some money from this stuff, but who knows it might be worth nothing at all.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by ragster]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In all honesty I don't think the equipment has any resale value. You might want to consider donating them to what you classify as a worthy cause. I believe some prisons have a program where inmates rebuild computers. Check around. If nothing else I think a donation to some of the charities maybe worth a tax writeoff. Having worked for a non-profit organisation that dealt with donated equipment (In particular computers) I can reccomend calling them first and seeing if they would be willing to look at it and decide for themselves. It is truly unfortunate but a lot of people use places like Goodwill, St. Vincent De. Paul (where I worked) as a dumping ground. It actually hurts the business when people do that because of such things as wages, and trash fees for example.

Check into it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ragster

here is a link to the value of the video-cards (doesn't mean you will get that for it)
LINK

The processors have very little value, unless someone has a computer with a p3 processor that failed and they don't want to buy a new computer.

You can try offing them on ebay for some money.

Honestly, it would have most value to a computer repair person/company.

new topics

join