It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen rises to fame channeling Johnny Cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Teen rises to fame channeling Johnny Cash

www.katu.com

Discovered singing on a Seattle street, Vince Mira, 15, is a somewhat shy kid who looks uncomfortable during a TV interview. But when he steps up to the microphone to sing Johnny Cash's classic "Ring of Fire," the result is downright spooky. He performs the song in this Good Morning America segment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm not too much of a believer in channelers and this unpretentious fifteen year old kid does admit that after his voice changed, he began to develop his impression of Johnny Cash.

However, when the boy sings and plays the guitar, you might just be convinced that the maybe there is something to channeling.

As impressive as he is, I will admit that there are some differences of vocal style between the two, but it is also kind of comforting to hear someone bring to life the music of such a legendary performer.

www.katu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2008/6/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow!!!!

What a voice! Yeah, he's a kid 15 and sounds like a man. Very good voice he has. He did awesome on that song!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You are all right, that kid is really something.
He defently will have a good nest alga act. I think most might agree that he will need to start singing his own songs at some point. Weather they be his own writing or that of song writers.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow amazing voice, He looks so sweet as well, and goodness that voice!

Hopefully he gets the right Agents to help him further his dream!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Junior Brown and Merle Haggard both have the ability to mimic other singers and do so to great effect, while both have distinct styles of their own.

This kid has such talent that I doubt that he will have a problem developing his own style and may even learn to do other great singers as well.

I wish him the best and I believe his greatest asset at this time is his poise and presence during his performance. Many talented musicians never learn those skills.

top topics

join