It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Warner Cable Tries 'Metering' Internet Usage!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have hughesnet for a provider, and they already do this stuff. And they don't even tell you about it! If you go over your "limit" out here, they shut you down to dial up speed for 24 hours. Imagine if they put that in their commercials!
They don't notify you if you are close to going over or anything. One minute you're watching a video, the next minute you're watching it in 3 second intervals while it downloads at dial up speed.
I think it's a nationwide, or even worldwide attempt to again control the populace. Makes me sick, and it's only getting worse.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Urr... this happens in New Zealand already and has for a long time. Nothing new... I guess it is in the states though.

Our internet here is crap and partially due to a monopoly by 'telecom' not uprating infrastructure to cope with demand. Thanks guys >_>, my local exchange has been overloaded for a few years now 'waves at telecom'.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sorry, (I guess I'm not human), just like the government says, I for got the code. I guess it goes deeper.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,irancontra???????,,,,makes me wonder,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join