It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think i found a planet!!! tell me what you think

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i know there is no section beside skunk works for this ...but if there is life on a planet...alien life

i assume it would look like earth...
and this thing i found looks like earth to me..but it isn't.

well here it is tell me what you think folk's.

i see water and what looks to be continent.
maybe im wrong lol
but still what IF?

please give me any info on what you think it might be if not water and ground.
thank you

if asked i will give exact location of the thing..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm all for heavenly bodies if they will hold them against me.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Looks like Jupiter.....Try using asynx planetarium This will help locate what planetary body it is.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ok i will try and post results...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Unless you have access to billion-dollar telescopes you're not going to find any new planets.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
Unless you have access to billion-dollar telescopes you're not going to find any new planets.

hmm i thought google sky uses images took directly from the Hubble space telescope.

i bet it cost way up there.... so i don't understand your point..are you saying hubble telescope is to cheap to find new planets?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

i can't seem to place it close to Jupiter...maybe i need help..
ps i cant figure that program out realy

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i went to this site www.galaxypix.com...

looked at the date location ect.... i am pretty sure its not jupiter now.

anyone else got any more idea's here..all are appreciated

[edit on 2-6-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Originally posted by Leto

hmm i thought google sky uses images took directly from the Hubble space telescope.

i bet it cost way up there.... so i don't understand your point..are you saying hubble telescope is to cheap to find new planets?

I wasn't aware that Google and Hubble teamed up. The Hubble Telescope definitely costs upwards of billions.

I'm no planetary observation expert so I'll leave it to others to determine what the object is.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I dont think thats a planet..why?? you mean a planet inside our solar system or outside?? if its ouside then i dont think this is a planet..how astronomers detect a planet?

They look for changes in the brightness of the stars, each and everytime a planet cross infront of their suns, their suns brightes decreases little bit, and thtas the only way they could detect a planet outside our solar system (of course they take pics often around stars close to ours or good candidates to see if any decrees is detected) the problem with google is that its only one shot..if you mean its a planet from another star system..then i am afraid to tell you i dont think so...

If you mena a planet just outside or close to a solar system..well wee need more info...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Definitely not a planet.

No telescope created by humans thus far has the capability of visually detecting planets orbiting other stars. They are too small, too far away, and completely overwhelmed by the light of the stars they orbit. The extrasolar planets astronomers have found have been detected only by measuring tiny wobbles in their parent stars' motion caused by mutual gravitation.

Whatever source Google Sky has taken that image from, it is most likely an imaging anomaly of some kind that gives it that "land and water" look.

Also, Hubble is not exactly too cheap to detect extrasolar planets, that's just not what it was designed for. It was designed to look very, very deep into space, mostly imaging distant galaxies.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
ok here is a large view of it from farther away .

notice the star i rekon thats what it is on the right...the light hits the thing i think is a planet
if u notice the planet...the light is not on the far side of the planet kinda shadowed..brighter on the side closest to the star or what ever it is.

it still looks like a planet to me lol

and you can see there is no error's in the picture..or glitch's i can notice.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

What's the RA & Dec of that part of the sky, those of us with access to scopes ( I have an account on SLOOH.com) might be able to check it out for you ??

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

the pointer on bottom left is what u need i think lol

and thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No telescope on Earth (or in space for that matter) is powerful enough to directly detect an extrasolar planet, even as a point of light.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Mogget]

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'll see if I can get on SLOOH soon to have a look for you, beforetime...

Bear with me, as due to life commitments, I might be a week or so...

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Sorry man, there is no way that's a planet, unless it's one in our solar system, in which case it's pretty well established that there is no ocean of water on the surface.

Depending on the depth of field of the image, that spot is either a star or an entire galaxy. It would be helpful to know a: the location in the sky and b: how far you're zoomed in.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MillionEyedMask

if you look at last picture...
it has all you need to look at exactly what i am in google earth.
bottom left of the picture is the dec . and ra. of exactly where i am looking in google earth.

i looked everywhere close to this thing ..nothing else resembles it in any way.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why come to ATS to ask this question instead of contacting an observatory?

Its not like we are all professional experts on astral bodies...lol

Makes sense to ask someone who's really qualified doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

all the good telescopes are owned by the MAN pshhh plz lol
joking lol

i posted to be honest i was bored and figured someone on ats
might get a kick out of trying to prove it isn't a planet...
can you prove it isnt?
can you prove it is?

then maybe it is lol
i know it sure looks like water and land to me..just sayin lol

if you read first post i made on it...it was posted under ufo's ect....aliens live on a alien planet i assume..
not on a skunk work planet lol..but it was moved to here so its name is PLANET Pepe la pew lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join