It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars and the it's just rocks skeptics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I was just curious. I see people on threads like these who claim to be skeptics speak with such absolute certainty about what's on Mars, I would like to know where this comes from.

First, people are not just seeing things. Some of these structures look like man-made buildings, statues or prints, they could be something that occurs naturally but at this point you couldn't know.

You don't know until there's excavation on Mars or more pics and evidence comes in.

Do people who call themselves skeptics even allow for the possibility that maybe people are not just seeing natural formations? Or do they know ABSOLUTELY that they are just rocks.

With only 4% of the universe known and 96% unknown (dark matter 22%, dark energy 76%), how can you know with ABSOLUTE certainty about extraterrestrial/extradimensional beings in the universe?

Without knowing wether we originated elswhere in space like some scientist believe or on earth, how can you be ABSOLUTE about rocks on Mars?

Where does this absolute certainty come from about things you can't know?

A skeptic doesn't know, if he/she knew with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY about these things there would be no need to be skeptical.

Sadly, I don't hear many people who claim to be skeptics on this board say that "I don't know."

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
you know for some poeple its just not enough that we can send a craft to mars and send back stunning images of an alien world. There always has to be something more. Aliens or alien artifacts.

you never know somehwere on mars there may be something alien. But nobody has found anything yet

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
you know for some poeple its just not enough that we can send a craft to mars and send back stunning images of an alien world. There always has to be something more. Aliens or alien artifacts.

you never know somehwere on mars there may be something alien. But nobody has found anything yet

How can you say nobody has found anything yet?

I have seen a few pics that look like artificial structures. They could be just rocks or natural formations or they could have been made by an extraterrestrial/extradimensional source.

They have also found water on Mars and maybe the conditions for life to exist on Mars is present.

This is circumstantial evidence that life may have existed on Mars and built structures.

At the end of the day, nobody knows with absolute certainty.

The only way you could know with absolute certainty if your limiting the exploration for knowledge by your pre-existing belief that these things can't or don't exist.

Then your not searching for knowledge, just answers that satisfy what you already believe.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic on this issue. I am a skeptic not because I don't want to believe there isn't anything alien on mars or some lost civilization. I'm a Skeptic because I understand somewhat how the human mind works.

For instances look up at a cloud in are sky the first thing the mind tries to do is find something it can relate to. That’s why you see sail boats and various other images in the clouds. It doesn't mean that cloud you’re looking at is a sail boat does it?

The human mind tries to relate odd shaped things like clouds, rocks, and stars with things that are personal or human to you. Hence why when the ancient looked up into the sky so long ago they saw images of fish, humans, reptiles, and just about everything else you can find on the ground you stand on.

That is why to me it is just rock for now. Yes I can see images in the rock but I know that is just my mind processing information with what it has seen before and trying to relate it to that. The easiest image for the eyes and the mind to pick up is the human form because it the one image we see every day, hence why you will see skulls and things that will look humanoid in rock out croppings in pictures from mars. Until there is some sort of archeological dig on mars that proves those rocks are not rocks then I will no longer be a skeptic.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by OWoutcast]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

Good point polomontana, I believe it will not be long before NASA lets the the truth out of the bag about life existing on Mars. The vertical Cat like statue and cyborg near the Pathfinder is positive proof to me that intelligent life existed and exists today. The cyborg near the Viking Lander is further proof not to mention all the life forms I see roaming around in photos on Mars. I have been called crazy for what I see thru photos on Mars, crazy like a fox that is LOL. Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am one of the "just rocks" sceptics, and frankly, it's because I have never seen any object that does not look like a rock (with the exception of other things like the holes in the ground and the "spiders" or "giant trees", those things do not look like rocks), every one of the "structures", "buildings" and even "people" and "aliens" that are supposedly seen in photos from Mars that I have seen look like other rocks in a rocky area, so I suppose they are rocks.

But obviously I can not be sure, as the people that see the buildings, the structures, etc. can not be sure of its artificiality.

If I see something that looks like it is made of two different materials, for example, that would be a good candidate for an artificial object, but I have never seen anything like that

Even the "statues" are just rocks, it's only the shape, on those occasions, that may be artificial, but even in those cases I have never seen anything that could not be created directly by Nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join