It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am pretty sure I could fly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
now for some odd reason in this dream i know for fact that i can fly, i start of by slow steps and a tingle down my spine which then makes me feel lighter and through a steady and slow process i get to take off much in the similar way as you explained. first skimming the ground and then reaching 1 foot to 2 feet and then i am off.

So I'm not the only one who's had that experience of starting to fly? That's really interesting. I wonder if anyone else has?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well, there's only one way to find out...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The few people that have shown interest in these flying experiences might also be interested in this web page I found explaining FAQ's about these dreams.

Flying dreams FAQ's

There are more questions on this page than I could imagine, subsequently the answers are extremely eye opening.

Definately of interest to the frequent flyer.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I floated across a bridge one in front of many witnesses. I don't know how I did it.The atmosphere was festive and supportive.

It's interesting that you said send repetitive shivers down my spine. That would be important to getting the vibrations right. More info about that is on the Coral Castle Code website.

Ghosts can fly but big deal. It' got to be more fun to do interesting things while you're alive!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm the Floating across the bridge guy but I wasn't logged in.

Here is the Coral Castle Code link.
Coral Castle Code

Here's a practice I believe I got from a Carlos Castaneda book.

On a soft gentle slope or river bank or picnic table imagine the arc where you would normally land and then imagine a slightly longer slope and see if you land there instead.
This gives the rational mind a deny ability clause that you will land and allows the imagination mind to feel the difference.

I must emphasize that this practice is only for those places where a jump won't hurt you. I think on the bridge thing I imagined a gentle one foot high arc across flat ground. I played with this idea on soft Florida sandy hills.

World champion motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi practices mental concentration and will drop out of a race if he doesn't have it rather than risk a crash.

Please don't sue me.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

As the years went by I was able to fly higher and with less effort, when I was able to go above the power lines it seemed to be that I could go almost anywhere after that and almost at will.

For many years I could not fly above the power lines in my dreams..Then I took an introductory flying lesson at a local airfield. As we rose above the tree tops and power lines something changed in me. It was the first time I knew it was possible to be that high in real life or while dreaming. I was able to move around in my dreams much better after that.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ok this is downright weird.

People from around the world having same dreams?
I've NEVER told anyone the details of mine and they totally match..

Try this.

1) When you 'land' you have problems taking off again?
2) Power lines ..just get past one lot and there's another lot above?
3) Sometimes when you get too high you 'lose power'?
4) Trying to 'show friends you can fly' usually just ends in a running start 'face plant'?
5) Sometimes power lines aren't there when you take off..they appear 'in-flight'?
6) You can sometimes 'sit' on clouds.?
7) Front crawl/Freestyle to speed up.?
8) You can't 'carry' anyone..you just lose height.?

Weird..

[edit on 24-6-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Good well thought out post. Yes I have had some of the same problems with power lines in my dreams. Pink Floyd calls them fear lines.
Here is a YouTube of Fearless.

Gilmour, Waters. Including "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Rogers & Hammestein) Chappell Music Ltd.

Listening to music with the 432 concert tuning has been shown to help the two halves of the brain work together and enhance creativity and math grades in school.
ATS: The Metaphysics Of Music

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

2) Power lines ..just get past one lot and there's another lot above?

Right! But for some reason, ducking under them isn't really an option, you have to go over them. And as a result you find yourself getting higher and higher which is naturally more perilous. It's like gaining altitude is far easier than declining.

FEAR LINES. I concur. I will admit that I tend to have this variation of the dream when I am having real-life difficulties. The concept of "avoiding ones problems" lingers when I wake up from them.

I had a flying dream just last night. It's funny, because I have been reading and thinking a lot about this subject. In last night's, I was running from some kind of antagonist (I can't remember exactly, just that something bad was chasing me), and I sort of 'half-realized' that I was dreaming. So I attempted to fly away. It worked, but only just barely. I found it very difficult to take off, and even moreso to control.

Since I've been on this kick, it's been my goal to try to fly any time I realize I'm dreaming. The weirdest thing is that you'd think it would be black and white - "Ah, I must be dreaming! Now I have all of my wits about me, just like when I'm awake!" ...Only it's not like that. It's like dreaming that you realize you're dreaming. Not a truly lucid dream, where you become master of that realm.

I also have a recurring theme that I'm floating indoors. In those dreams I have very little or no control, it's like I'm being led. Usually down a dark hallway, into a room that someone is sleeping in. I don't want to go in there, and I'm afraid they'll wake up and see me floating in their doorway.

I'll say a bit more. After my dad passed away in 2003, I had a dream like that. I was in my parent's house and it was exactly as it would be at the hour of night it actually was. I was floating slowly down the hallway and saw my father, who held out his arms and we embraced.

I'm not a religious person, and my spirituality is - undeveloped - to say the least. I've never encountered anything 'paranormal' or seen a UFO, but I woke up from this one rather shaken, but with a feeling of love and understanding that is difficult to explain. I know it was 'just a dream' but it felt very different from any other I've had.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
hello . im new on this Posting deal .. but a reader of ATS pre 9/11

the dreams i have are very consistent. i dont have changing dreams .. i just have dreams of alot of talking .. conversations . and always .. with people i have no clue who they are and i know for sure ill never meet these people .

I have strong conversations in most dreams the more recent dream was with a Girl .. and telling her personal stuff . I want to tell people in my life.. not like im holding it back . i just havent had time and its weird , being so comfortable with these Strangers in my dreams ..

I sometimes get Anti Social and wont go into public for a week .. yet i can go to a bar like nothn and i dont have to be drinking .. but a grocery store i freak out ... but when i have dreams im not like that .. i wish i was the person in my dreams . I feel stronger. more loyal to myself .

Another thing i wanted to get at . is the people i have conversations with .. Are they from the spiritual world???

Seeing people i know that have passed away .makes me believe when we die we can do whatever we want ...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

youre gonna kill yourself

you cant fly and you need to start controlling youre dreams and stop dreaming about that or youre gonna jump off a building in your sleep im worried

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

There's nothing wrong with dreaming about flying

And just because you dream about it doesn't mean you're actually gonna do it or jump off a building in your sleep

They're just dreams

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrewCrewXfiles
Another thing i wanted to get at . is the people i have conversations with .. Are they from the spiritual world???

I think I have read from many different authors that the people in our dreams can be deceased people as well as people we know in everyday life.

There are plenty of rock songs about making spiritual contact with loved ones.

Like Pink Floyd's "Pillow of Winds", The Moody Blues album "In Search of the Lost Chord" and many others.

And yes I worry that other people seeing me floating in my sleep will freak out.
There is a condition named after a Saint about sleeping floating or bouncing above the mattress but I can't think of the name right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
if ur gonna practice flying, do it with a mattress underneath and maybe no more then a metre on the air, other wise it oculd get painful for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join