It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am pretty sure I could fly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Yes once I was outside my house in the night, I had to concentrate to fly, I looked up and went higher and higher, I was above my roof, I could FEEL the gravity force, the wind, I went higher and higher, looking at the stars now, aiming for the stars, amazing stars, higher and higher towards the stars/
Then I suddenly woke up, the odd thing was I could see my room but I still had the vision of the stars aswell lol. Weird.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
eckhart tolle would describe this as the ego: delusions of grandeur, intense wanting (painbody), "could've should've would've"

kind of like being gay...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well.. Till now I thought I was the only one having dreams like that. What you described in your earlier post is almost exactly what I've had in my flying dreams. I do a swimming motion in the air to fly in those dreams.

I actually don't recall using the swimming motion to fly in my astral projection/obe/dreams, I usually just have intent and fly like superman, BUT it's not as easy as superman, and you do feel like you start to fall when you lose concentration, and I can see using your arms to help would help your "mind" focus more and make it way easier.

Anyway anyone ever start to fall, and the gravity force is so powerful, like real life, and once you hit the ground, you wake up from the shock lol

[edit on 3-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Uh...yeah. Wow. Its actually a swimming motion and its like flying through liquid air.

Amazing matches.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I actually don't recall using the swimming motion to flylol

I have a recollection of sweeping my arms just once to initially leave the ground (not always) but then my body is quite rigid and with concentration and static through flight.

I do seem to travel in the direction my head is pointing which is usually forward and upward because I fear deviation will give me a lapse in concentration and I will fall back to earth.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hope this hasent been said before
a few pointers on flying courtesy of "The Guide"
to fly you must fall and forget to hit /miss the ground if you do you will just float there then you can practice your swooping and such

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
One of the better LDs I had recently was so real I literally could not tell the difference between it and the "real world"...

In the dream, I woke up, put on my clothes and shoes, walked into the bathroom and splashed water on my face...I could FEEL the water on my face...Still groggy, I staggered into the kitchen to grab my cup of java. About then, I REALIZED I was dreaming, and I commanded myself to levitate to prove it. Holding my arms straight out, I gave one little flap downward (like a bird flapping its wings) and arose to about 2 feet off the ground. I was then able to float about freely all through the house. I can't reiterate how realistic this was--Outside of the overcoming gravity, there was virtually NO difference between this state, my surroundings and the waking state.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I've had that, it's called false awakening. I had it like 5 times in a row!! each time I would wake up everything would look real! and I would think to myself, man that was weird I just had a realistic dream of waking up and leaving the room, then suddenly I would end up in bed, and realise I just had a double false awakening, not realising that I still wasnt really awake not for another 2 false awakenings lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I've had those dreams too, with a difference, I don't have to try very hard. I just spread my arms and take off. I've been in a shopping mall store and levitated over the racks and counters. I've been on top of the Word Trade Center, slipped, and "floated" down to the ground. I've even carried people around in the stores and outside. Once I lifted my right arm up in a movie Superman pose and left the earth for a world of kaleidoscopic colours and textures.

Their just that. Vivid dreams. Psycologically they represent an escape from something in your life. You sound pretty aged like me so I'd see if a therapist could help sort these out for you. But don't act on them by trying to act them out. Dreams are soft, Reality is hard.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That was all the therapy I needed (If I needed any).

I am shocked at how incredibly similar all of these dreams are, it seems extremely coincidental and in quite some detail.

Regards S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I had many dreams that I could fly as well. Seem to have had more of them when I was younger. Rarely have them now.

When I first started having them I could only hover just off the ground and it seemed to take a great effort just to keep from droping back to the ground ( was a mixture of flaping my arms , swiming and sometimes concentrating hard.)

As the years went by I was able to fly higher and with less effort, when I was able to go above the powerlines it seemed to be that I could go almost anywhere after that and almost at will.

I also remember other people on the ground and I would fly above and away from them as if I were showing off I guess .

Great post , brings back some nice dreams.

Hope to do some more " flying" in my future dreams.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My experiences have been a little different with flying dreams, I don't remember flapping my arms to start flying. Maybe I have, but I just don't remember?

When I had my first flying dream I started flying really fast but only about 1 or 2 feet above the ground. I was flying kind of like in the superman position, where it's like lying down on your stomach, but flying. And I just remember zipping around like that, but I couldn't go any higher. But my more recent dreams of flying I've been able to fly higher, sometimes over 3 story buildings.

It's really interesting though. Sometimes when I'm just standing outside looking at the stars, I feel sure I could fly if I really wanted to. Like I could just lift off the ground and start floating up above my house and keep going. If only...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yes, me too. I'm also pretty sure that I can fly.
But it doesn't mean I can prove it to you right now!

Maybe someday.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We usually learn about two places:

1. The physical universe / Matter

2. The non-physical universe / Spirit

But apart from these two places there also seem to be many levels in between. From my flying LDs I get the impression that this place is a sort of hyper-physical-unviverse that is not totally non-physical in nature but still has some degree of matter and gravity.

2 cents.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It is truly amazing how many people can't stop laughing. Why shouldn't it be possible to "fly" ? They are limiting their infinite potentials and that's just what everyone wants you to do - those who want to control everyone and put them into their little mind prisons. DON'T LAUGH - Investigate and Stop Listening to Others Who Can Put You Into a Mental Prison.

Infinite Potential - Infinite Possibilities !

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
I fly in most of my dreams. I just decide to lift off and away I go. Once I was on the ground and as if I lifted my head up, I was above the earth looking down. That one frightened me and I woke up.

Yeah, once I realized I could just fly away from what scared me, I stopped having nightmares. It helps me when I am having a dream that is potentially scary. I know something is about to happen, but since I can just take off it doesnt bother me so much and I stay relaxed. I cant remember the last time I was jolted awake by a scary dream.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
For all of my life...or at least as long as I can recall...I can fly in dreams. It is similar to what alot of you have posted, in as to doing like a swimming motion, but not with any kind of rigidity. I do this only for accelleration. The thing that has always struck me as odd is that I can fly...that is it. Others are aware of this fact, but in a complacent, matter-of-factly kind of way, but they cannot. Also, I can, and do interact with other things, and people(i.e. swooping through hallways, awnings, snaking through crowds, etc.), but I don't relocate anyone, or anything. If I could do this in "real" life...I would definately pick people up, or gather things I want, and "swoosh", it's mine. It's like this is simply an attribute I have, but not for anything criminal or for personal gain...ODD...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Please be aware you were probably in an altered state and no longer in this dimension. Gravity is real in this dimension. You may be experiencing something like the Shamans do when they slip into another reality. Crossing dimensional barriers through windows in the mind.

But in this reality.. gravity has a real effect on our physical form.

Please consider this. That is why you could not interact with people.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
In all my life i have never had anyone say the words you have, yet i have said them many times. when i was younger and had vivid dreams, i use to have this one dream where i am in my primary school (grade 1 to 6) watching everyone play, everyone is their and everyone seems top be very happy. now for some odd reason in this dream i know for fact that i can fly, i start of by slow steps and a tingle down my spine which then makes me feel lighter and through a steady and slow process i get to take off much in the similar way as you explained. first skimming the ground and then reaching 1 foot to 2 feet and then i am off. but when i say i am off my dream ends their and someone from my family wakes me up dammit.

i don't know anything about you but i will tell you this, i am a light worker, i am 23, i am Hungarian and live in Australia, lived here since the age of 3, i have friends who are good people and also i have friends who run gangs around Melbourne. i see the good and the bad, i have the cool and the not cool, i like to think of myself as an open minded persons or human being, and i am telling you this we have had the same dream (80% similarity except i am in my old school surrounded by everyone) now growing up i did not have a group of friends that i stuck too. i went where i pleased in the school and talked to who i pleased. i am not strong as in muscular and when i hear my friends talking about me they always thought of me as the smart quite type. when someone try to put me down i ignore them on my good day, and when i was having a bad day i would rip through them and send them back to their cave from where they came from all in front of the class and teacher showing not to (in a lack of a better word) # with me. please do not let anyone in ats put you down because their is someone who has had the same dream as you in this world. if only i can repeat the feeling i have in my dream with the spine tingling and the fun slow launch.

peace to you and your family.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've had this experience after training myself to have lucid dreams, & this reminds me; I have to get back in the habit of doing the reality check every hour, & ask myself' is this a dream, so when I am dreaming, Ill say' why, yes! I must be, because there's a strange thing over there, or... you know.... - And I'll be able to realize it's a dream, & start funning in the grass, & (sorry, but it seems like you need to flap your wings?) - I should try just extending my arms, & having COMPLETE CONFIDENCE & NO FEAR OF SLOWLY FALLING DOWN, because onece you think about decending, you do. - So don't & happy flying! - Oh, remember to keep a record of your dreams when you wake up, or you will forget your wonderful time in the sky , or whatever you choose to do during that moment of PURE freedom. :w:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join