It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am pretty sure I could fly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Yes who knows, maybe the dream world is more real than the physical world, and the real dream is now being in our physical body.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Teratoma
Thank you so much for the U2U. Sorry that I can't U2U but I have less than 20 posts. I would probably have missed this thread otherwise. It's so interesting to read of others' similar experiences. Mine was not in a dream state though - it was definitely a wide-awake experience and I haven't had it since. What is it about the age of 6-7? Perhaps Rudolf Steiner was onto something when he said that the ego doesn't come into the child until about this age (the growth of the second teeth). If so, my take is that at this age, we are still between astral and earth (though only just), and as such, still in possession of astral abilities.
Looking forward to other comments...........

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've had a dream that I could fly once. It felt so real and freeing. I was running down the street when I jumped up and began going higher and higher. I felt the wind brush past me, before I woke up to my sister's annoying voice.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
I've had a dream that I could fly once. It felt so real and freeing. I was running down the street when I jumped up and began going higher and higher. I felt the wind brush past me, before I woke up to my sister's annoying voice.

You mentioning that; Has triggered another memory, I now recall a similar dream instance where I was running and I jumped and took to the sky as I approached a two story building in the road where I grew up.

It makes me think that these dreams may have been more frequent when I was a child, and certainly more controlled as I haven't been able to take to flight with such ease in more recent years. (and along the same lines as Jenny52's thoughts).

The mind is quite amazing, in the way that you mentioning that scenario triggered such vivid memories, I can now remember that particular dream like it was yesterday.

Regards and thank you S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This topic stuck a chord with me. I used to have these all the time, though not so much recently. To me.. it's more like running on air than flying though. I get running very fast and then I am able to run on the air itself. I always feel very happy to have 'rediscovered' this latent ability in my dreams, and it feels completely natural to me. But yeah.. anyhow.. once I get going I can jump/airwalk/fly to tops of buildings, do crazy aerial tricks etc and handle myself gracefully. I wish these dreams came to me as frequently as they used to, I miss them.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
One thing I know I believe 100% is from these experiences, FLYING IS AMAZING!!!

It's simply amazing fun, it's the definition of feeling free and happy.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sorry to double post. I just was also remembering the old interviews on Coast to Coast with Red Elk, where he was basically saying the only reason we can't fly is because we believe we can't. I have always remembered that interview. It's tough for me to imagine the level of faith needed to achieve this though. How does someone unlearn decades of the 'fact' that they are humans and therefore can't fly or levitate? And to angry debunkers.. yeah sure.. you'd think videos of flying Native kids would be all over youtube if it were true, right? I can't believe or disbelieve this in my waking life. Of course, therein may lie the problem. The dreams do seem far more real than most other dreams I have though. It is just one of those unexplainable feelings I guess.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ive always been wondering about this.

Because the "body-flight-instructions" I received in dreams and the process of practicing it and flying and showing off my flying skills in front of others are filled with all this realism that its more than just a flying dream. So, during the dream, I am utterly convinced of having learned a special skill and practicing it. This dream and variations of it repeat.

My conclusion was that somehow I enter a certain parallel world in which I exist and in which flying is not common practice but something that can be studied and learned. Its a lot of fun. You start moving your arms and legs in a certain cycling way and you lift off. But if I stop doing that gravity throws me down. Its semi-dangerous (which adds to the realism).

It would seem this is a world with gravity but a bit less than we have. A bit like the gravity you have on the moon where you can lift off a bit and go higher with some effort but can also take a bad fall if you dont do it properly.

My version of it at least.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So why dont you fly if you think you can fly. Whoever that can fly doesnt need to jump off a building or whatever, they should be able to take off from the ground they stand on to start with...AT LEAST levitate, if thats not possible dont jump off a building because that wont make it possible either.

If you still think u need heights to fly, put a few tables on eachother and lots and lots of pillows beneath u and see if you can fly or not.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
One thing I know I believe 100% is from these experiences, FLYING IS AMAZING!!!

It's simply amazing fun, it's the definition of feeling free and happy.

Yes, quite amazing although I am sure it would have been more fun when I was younger, free of inhabition and fear.

Originally posted by dedalive

Sorry to double post.

How does someone unlearn decades of the 'fact' that they are humans and therefore can't fly or levitate?

No need to be sorry, post as much as you like

I have heard similar statements in the past but not the particular one you have referenced, I have also heard several times that it is almost impossible to unlearn the rules we have been taught by our limited and modern human knowledge without some sort of intensive brain washing.

It is a shame really because I am sure that there is a great deal our ancient ancestors could teach us.

Originally posted by Skyfloating

My conclusion was that somehow I enter a certain parallel world in which I exist and in which flying is not common practice but something that can be studied and learned.

Insightful and fringing on profound.

Thanks for reading and regards S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've dreamt several times that I could fly. Sometimes only low altitudes like to treetops, sometimes higher. The one thing they all had in common was I had to concentrate on flying. If I stopped concentrating then I started to fall. Most of the time, the dreams were fun except once when I was flying high and stopped concentrating. And I couldn't start concentrating on flying again because I was too busy concentrating on falling. That time I was happy to wake up on the ground.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tmpxvx

It is not a case of just jumping up and flying, more so that my mind was in the right state to accept that I could fly.

Maybe through extensive meditation to enter a dream state I could try but I have so far not been able to decide that I will dream I can fly, it is a random experience I have, and not often.

If I stood on a table and jumped off right now, I can predict with certainty that I would hit the floor at the maximum velocity for the distance.

Regards S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i know where youre coming from, i tried to pm you but it wouldnt let me. if ur serious we should talk

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejon1982
i know where youre coming from, i tried to pm you but it wouldnt let me. if ur serious we should talk

I am 100% serious, I am fascinated by the prospects of the subject and am pleased that there are some 'like and open minded' people here willing to discuss it.

Unfortunately you don't have enough points to u2u or chat but most people reading this thread will be very interested to hear what you have to say, if you have some input on the subject.

I can u2u an external contact to you if you really don't feel comfortable posting your thoughts on this thread?

Let me know.

Regards S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The one thing they all had in common was I had to concentrate on flying. If I stopped concentrating then I started to fall.

Yes! exactly that!

The moment I start to relax I lose altitude and if I come down with a bang I invariably wake up.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yeah we want to know the secrets too

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
yep...you stop concentrating and you start falling. It seems we´re all visiting a similar place.

In any case its not the "free fly" country, its a place where it takes some effort to learn flying.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Try this trick: Take a card from deck upside-down and put it top of cabin etc. face upwards. Don't peek that card. Next time you fly, try to to see that card. If you can see it right, then I'm impressed.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well.. Till now I thought I was the only one having dreams like that. What you described in your earlier post is almost exactly what I've had in my flying dreams. I do a swimming motion in the air to fly in those dreams.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join