It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am pretty sure I could fly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am pretty sure I could fly

No, this is not a joke, and I don't believe it is just a dream state although that is where my explanation starts; I had a dream last night that I could fly, its not the first time I have experienced this, in fact I can remember experiencing the exact same sort of motion quite vividly on many occasions, every four to six months at a guess, going back almost thirty years, but I will get to that in a moment.

I have always had strange and vivid dreams and have sleepwalked all my life, I remember my parents, girlfriends and current partner dragging me back through open first floor windows and stopping me wandering down the street asleep and waking me up to my own amazement.

I have had many dreams with my eyes open where I clearly visualize the real world around me with a dream world merged in with it.

Anyway, this flying dream is a little different and unlike others I have, I seem to have complete control of my body during the dream, and sense to, I seem to realize that it is possible to fly but I still have to try and take off, which is not always successful, sometimes I have to try for a while before I can get off the ground and sometimes I can only reach a foot or two of altitude before landing again, yet other times, infrequently, I can soar up in to the clouds a few hundred feet with overwhelming feelings of freedom and have to try and bring myself down gently as I am physically aware and conscious of the danger of the height I am at.

I can take off by building up a great intensity of repetitive shivers down my spine (you know that feeling) and as I start to levitate slightly on to tip toes and upwards off the floor; I lean my head and top half of my body, rigid, forwards and aim upwards with my thoughts and I start to rise slowly at first and gain speed quickly, I cant work out how to control the speed at all.

I can feel the rush of wind as I gain height and feel temperature differences at different altitudes and I am always fully aware of and familiar with my surroundings, my mind, body and limbs.

There are a few things that I cant seem to do such as interact with people whilst in these dreams and although I can walk around where I want, I haven't learnt to fly around in different directions where ever I want as the fear of dropping out of the sky always makes me try to get back on the ground when ever I reach any real height, usually I wake up when I land.

The reason I feel there is more to this ideal than just a dream is that I believe that whilst sleepwalking I have propelled myself around the house and outside, sometimes I have woken up after landing stood at the top or bottom of the stairs and I remember dreaming that I flew up or down the stars without touching them, along corridors as well, the strangest thing was in my earliest memory of this weird happening when I was very young; I was having a similar dream about flying down the stairs in the house I grew up in when my Dad woke me up I was stood at the bottom of the stairs and he told me that he thought he saw me out of the corner of his eye jumping from the top of the staircase to the bottom only it seemed to him to be in slow motion.

It is all a little beyond me really and I have often wondered if anyone else has similar experiences, I don't mind if you want to have a laugh at this explanation but I would appreciate any serious thoughts too, maybe it is an OOBE that I cant quite get to grips with or maybe it is just a dream, hopefully with some sort of meaning.

What if I can fly. What if we can all fly?

Anyway thanks for reading and regards S_G

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Last time I tried to fly of a building, it didnt work out too well.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have made a promise that I would never ask anyone on ATS for proof, only for their source. I'm making an exception in this one incident, only because it can be dealt with in a safe and timely manner.

Get a video camera, take some super vitamins and chase them down with a few energy drinks. Turn the camera on, walk out in front of it and start flapping your arms, faster and FASTER.

You have to share the video results with us though. We deserve that much.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I have made a promise that I would never ask anyone on ATS for proof, only for their source. I'm making an exception in this one incident, only because it can be dealt with in a safe and timely manner.

Get a video camera, take some super vitamins and chase them down with a few energy drinks. Turn the camera on, walk out in front of it and start flapping your arms, faster and FASTER.

milk went out my nose all over my keyboard.

Yeah do share that video, im even gonna go get popcorn and cococola for the show.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ha wow...i hope your just in a dream state and not altered reality.Be real friend...when awake just test out your flying skills on a picnic table.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think that in the best interest of science, the press should also be called

Can`t stop laughing.

Sorry for the 1 liner, but I just had to say it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

The reason I feel there is more to this ideal than just a dream is that I believe that whilst sleepwalking I have propelled myself around the house and outside, sometimes I have woken up after landing stood at the top or bottom of the stairs and I remember dreaming that I flew up or down the stars without touching them

Flying dreams are a lot of fun.

What scares me is that you say you sleepwalk in the flying dreams and have mentioned waking up by stairs.

Get a lock for your bedroom door that requires a key to be on the safe side.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ha! al least I have given you a chuckle

In all reality I could set up a camera, probably not going to see too much for a few months though because it is a really infrequent dream, I had never thought about that.

Definately wont see any flapping, much more of a slow, sleek, gliding hover

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I say if you think you can do it go a head and try it! Nature will take care of the outcome!

ROTFLMAO!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I say if you think you can do it go a head and try it! Nature will take care of the outcome!

ROTFLMAO!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes, please have some dignity an dont flap your arms. Stick them out in front of you like Superman.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Flying dreams are a lot of fun.

What scares me is that you say you sleepwalk in the flying dreams and have mentioned waking up by stairs.

Yeah! flying dreams are fun and this is definately one of my favorite dreams too.

I have never come to harm whilst sleepwalking so there is not much to worry about, and I have opened doors, locks, the fridge, made food, switched the TV on, been woken up in the dogs bed and loads more, my kids think it is hilarious.

Quite suprised nobody else has had any similar experiences though because everybody dreams, right?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

very interesting topic here.
I too have had ....um......beyond normal / flying dreams.....so beyond
normal that in one of them I would almost swear I was in the normal world.

like you said.. this time was different than all the other flying dreams.
in this one I too had full control of my body as well as full control of my thoughts and actions.(BUT, I did not realize/think that I was dreaming.
in fact I was thinking about how amazing it was that I was flying and I
was also thinking that this was not normal , but I did not become aware of the fact that I was either dreaming or having an out of OBE.

and to make it even crazier the "dream" happened in the same place where
I was sleeping.
in the "dream", I find myself on the front lawn at home in the middle of the night, and for some reason it seemed like the soul purpose I was there was to ....fly....or at least attempt to..
well, I attempted...took a few times to really get airborn...
but then voila, I`m flying.

I am also lucky enough to have had 2 LUCID dream experiences.
If you have never had one , then let me say that it is
totally amazing.......

now.. this flying dream seemed more like what is described as
an out of body experience.

and it shared similarities with the lucid dreaming too.

dreams, OEB`s , lucid dreams,... sure sounds like another dimension.

again, if you have never experienced a LUCID DREAM.

Its like reality happens at the speed of thought.

you think it..... it happens....and it happens so fast that you don`t even begin
to finish the thought in your head before it has already becomes reality.

its like....... THE HOLODECK.......

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Before you take to the skies on your journey into the wild blue yonder, please watch this clip several times. It will help to put you in the "mood".

Well now...after listening to this either you've slit your wrists or you are truly inspired and feeling somewhat lighter (If you'll excuse me now, I have to go find some bandages).

Good Luck!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

Quite suprised nobody else has had any similar experiences though because everybody dreams, right?

I dream, it's just that no dream has ever convinced me I could fly.

I once dreamed I was helping everyone off the space shuttle cause it was going to crash. When I got off the space shuttle last I still used a parachute to get to the ground. The weird part of that dream was the space shuttle burned up while re-intering the atmosphere the next morning. I hadn't even known one was up at the time.

I still don't think I can fly, and I'm not psychic.

I had sleep paralysis once. Something came in my room and honestly tried to kill me. It was that real.

Nothing is trying to kill me in my sleep, I'm not psychic and I still can't fly.

I was climbing scaffolding around a sky scraper in a dream once and fell. I hit the ground and died. I got up and looked at the remains on the ground and decided I should find a phone and call my family and tell them I'm dead.

I'm not dead, I'm not psychic, no one is trying to kill me and I still can't fly.

Neither can you, except in your dreams.

"If you can dream it you can achieve it," crap doesn't apply when your jumping off a building.

Don't let me be the downer in this thread though. All I'm saying is go slow. Try that transendental medication crap that the Yogi used to do. Find out if you can bounce on your ass and convince the world it's flight. He did.

Good luck my friend. I honestly hope you soar.

Just be safe.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Before you take to the skies on your journey into the wild blue yonder, please watch this clip several times. It will help to put you in the "mood".

Well now...after listening to this either you've slit your wrists or you are truly inspired and feeling somewhat lighter (If you'll excuse me now, I have to go find some bandages).

Good Luck!

OMFG!! i am laughing so hard at this post. after i am finished laughing, i may be asking to borrow a knife. thanks for the laugh

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Make sure you watch this video as well.....

Learning to fly.

Once again, good luck.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Hey, It happens to me too, it's a dream, a lucid dream or obe.

You can feel the gravity force, the wind, it feels just like it would if you did it in the physical world. In dreams you can feel everything just like the physical world, it's almost like another world. You feel free.

But you are not flying in the physical world lol. It's just an amazing lucid dream.

Although you memories with this sleepwalking is rather odd, but I do recall people sometimes think other stuff is happening when they sleepwalk, but still you never know.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

That won't work, when I was a kid, I sleepwalked a couple of times, I could remember everything, to me it feels like your mind knows it's limits. Anyway I unlocked the door, and went into my garden with just boxers on, I looked up at the stars and spinned around and around looking at the stars, then I went back in upstairs into bed haha. In the morning my mother was worried because the garden door was wide open lol.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I enjoyed the read... and will admit that it seems like a very vivid series of controlled dreams you have there. If you like the feeling, keep your dreams coming and enjoy your flights.

I think Douglas Adams explained how to fly the best. "Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join