It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Passion of the Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So I just saw "The Passion of the Christ", overall I thought it was a pretty good movie, there was a ton of blood involved...a little more then I think they should have added. So how many of you have seen it and what did you think about it?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I saw it a couple days ago! And, as a Christian, I can say it portrayed VERY WELL the real Passion. And no, it wasn't anti-semetic. There goes the media for ya, blowing things out of porportion. That blood, that blood was probably like it would have been, and, overall, it wasn't that bad, in my opinion. I was thinking about going to see it again, it touched me..it was an EXCELLENT movie in my opinion. Especially since they have Jesus deny Satan over and over throughout the movie, even while he is dying, just brilliant. I loved it, in the end, when the skies darken and all the Romans and crowd realize it really was the Messiah they had killed. Brilliant movie, not anti-semetic, not too overly bloody, 4 1/2 stars

-wD

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, the version you saw was likely edited and the anti-semetic references were largely removed....

It was very accurate to scripture, and the inclusion of James, and the way they portrayed Satan, and Judas' torment, were extremely well done..

Only criticism, a little too much gore... Anyone beaten THAT much, wouldn't live the night, let alone be able to walk the next day, I think Mel went a little overboard there....

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I just saw the movie and I don't know what to say. Jesus is going ot be very angry upon his return and judgment will be dealt severely. I was watching it and I was reminded of "Lord of the Rings!" To me, it just didn't make any sense.

Then, I began to picture it in accurate terms. The Romans were the same (Edomites, sons of Esau, white guys), Jesus was black as it was in the Bible, the Jews were black as it was in the Bible, the Pharissees were guys like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.....

and then it made sense.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Colonel...ur such a racist.

Everything is colour colour colour to you. Me. I'm colour blind (not literally).

btw htat's not how Jesus was meant to look, but thats how everyone else views him so that's the way Jesus looked in the movie.

Since acting is acting, a script is a script, and a movie is a movie, That was one hell of a movie. Brilliant. And sure knows how to work up the emotions.

The Romans, and the others, I cant believe the behavious of them. They were all inhumane. I cant believe people like that actually existed. So mean and cruel.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
dude, everything is color, color, color, to you. Whats the deal?

new topics

top topics

join