It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama nears win amid signs Clinton may admit loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So this is it? link to source

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Barack Obama crept close to victory in the marathon Democratic presidential race Monday on the eve of the final primaries amid signs that Hillary Rodham Clinton was preparing to acknowledge defeat once he gained the final delegates needed.

Said a confident-sounding Obama: "I told her that once the dust settled I'm looking forward to meeting with her at a time and place of her choosing." He was disclosing the contents of a conversation the two rivals had on Sunday night but did not describe her response.

Sounds to me like this cat is in the bag. So does she really take it to the convention? Technically, they could still tie....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Sounds to me like this cat is in the bag. So does she really take it to the convention? Technically, they could still tie....

Technically, not a single delegate has voted. This is especially important re the super delegates, whose votes will decide the nomination. Just because a super delegate has announced publicly he supports Obama doesn't mean that the he or she is committed to vote for Obama.

That said, I think it was decided months ago that Obama would be the guy.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop. The extreme right must either hate Mccain, or just set a bear trap for a puppy...

I think the extreme left has already used up it's bombs on Mccain, which doesn't bode well for them.

new topics

join