It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Alternative News Channel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

New Alternative News Channel?

news.sky.com

Bhutto Assassination Sparks Riots

Updated:13:37, Saturday December 29, 2007
Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto has been shot dead at an election rally - sparking riots across the country.
Crowds carry former PM's coffin
Crowds carry former PM's coffin

The gunman then detonated a bomb, killing at least 15 of her supporters in Rawalpindi. Many more were injured in the suicide blast.

At least four people have been shot dead in rioting as fears grow the nuclear-armed country will be plunged into civil war.

In Karachi, capital of Ms Bhutto's native Sindh province, thousands took to the streets, torching dozens of vehicles and buildings.

"There is trouble almost everywhere," a senior police official said.

The killing came less than two weeks before elections many expected would return Ms Bhutto to power and restore democracy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why do do we not have any alternative news channels on the box.Is it because they will not let us or is it because all news channels go down the same road?
I m Not just talking about not the \"normal\" news.
I mean news, that they start as breaking and then just sweep under the carpet.
IE. Zimbabwe and how all the news about the elections just stoped.
Also the The assassination of Benazir Bhutt,Which just seemed to go away.
The list is endless and Why?
If I had the money and knowledge I would love to have a news channel that does not let the real news die or disappear.
What do you all think,is it not time for the truth?
By the why this is my first post,so go easy!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-6-2008 by freemindmine]

[edit on 2-6-2008 by freemindmine]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Follow the money trail. Ultimately, it comes down to securing ad revenue and the simple fact is that most major corporations will not want to fund and thereby associate themselves with a network pushing stories and views that they feel could be offensive to a mainstream audience. Even if that network agreed to water down those stories, the advertisers are also going to want to see projections for a certain level of viewership and if that's not there, they won't fund it.

I'm not saying that's a good thing, it isn't. Its just the reality of the situation.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thanks for you reply,and while you are right,I tend to think money is not the only thing that stops them reporting on some news items.
When the prince was in afganestan they did not report as they had a "deal".
It makes me wonder when and where its ok to have a news story "deal" and who says it ok to have one.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There are a few alternative news channels on youtube.
check here
here is one for example

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

Hello freemindmine, and welcome to ATS.

I think your idea is worthy of discussion, but doesn't qualify for breaking alternative news that is less than 48 hours old. I'm not sure which forum it belongs, but you might ask a mod to move it or one will come by and move it.

You can read instructions for the breaking alternative news forum in this thread.

*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thanks Hal9000
Its all new to me,but I ll get the hang of it one day!
Good link leearco.
thanks

new topics

top topics

join