It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Law mandates blood and urine testing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I seen the San Antonio thread and thought I would add this as well.

Just another example of Draconion law being forced upon us daily!

www.landlinemag.com...

New Kansas law mandates drug test for drivers in ‘serious’ wrecks Gov. Kathleen Sebelius has signed a bill into law mandating that drivers involved in “serious” traffic wrecks in Kansas be required to submit to alcohol and drug testing. It takes effect July 1.

State law already allows law enforcement officers to order testing if there is “reasonable suspicion” a driver is under the influence. The new law, previously HB2617, requires truckers and other drivers to undergo drug and alcohol testing when they are involved in certain types of wrecks.

Officers no longer need the presumption of an alcohol or drug violation to force drivers to submit to the testing.

Supporters said the new rule is needed to make it easier to test people involved in wrecks that result in fatalities or serious injuries. The bill allows law enforcement to collect evidence for potential criminal prosecutions, they said.

Opponents said it is unconstitutional to force someone to submit to a blood or urine test if there is no probable cause to suspect them of a crime.

A provision that was removed from the bill while it was winding its way through the statehouse would have required passengers to also undergo the mandatory testing.

The final version of the bill permits people to refuse to allow blood to be drawn. Taking that route, however, could result in loss of driving privileges.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Chaos Lord]

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I file this under, "If ya have nothin to hide........."

I dont see the big deal here, and it may put a few more criminals in jail and keep them off the streets. They arent going to test everyone... just the accidents with severe injury or death, where there is also a suspicion that the offending driver may be impaired.

Im all for testing every last darn driver if it meant saving one person from being killed in a senseless accident... that person may be your mom, your kid, your spouse... or maybe even... you!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

Yeah, this really sucks, but I have told people for years they will take away our liberties one at a time until the time there will be checkpoints and "Show me your papers!"
Personally, I'd rather see Nibiru fly by and do it's worst than to submit to any more fascist, dictatorial ideaologies in a nwo.
This is just another step closer to complete control of everyone. Thanks for getting the info out there.

join