It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avant soars on brain cancer vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Phase 2 studies show the experimental vaccine from Avant and Pfizer doubled survival period and delayed progress in some brain cancers patients.

CHICAGO (AP) -- Shares of Avant Immunotherapeutics surged Monday, after the vaccine developer and partner Pfizer Inc. released mid-stage data showing their vaccine doubled overall survival time, and delayed disease progression in certain brain cancer patients.

The companies presented data from two Phase 2 studies at the American Society of Clinical Oncology's annual meeting in Chicago. CDX-110 is an experimental vaccine targeting a growth factor specific to tumors in patients with glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most common and aggressive form of brain cancer.

There are an estimated 10,000 new cases of GBM annually in the United States, including Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Edward Kennedy.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is the first I have heard about this. It would be very good news indeed.

My late wife died from cancer of the brain.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover,
Sorry to hear about your wife..I lost my first wife in '90 to cancer which extended from sinus area to brain.. Seems a lot of new treatments are being worked- I think many will benefit soon..

BP

new topics

join