It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

megalodon caught on deep sea camera

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Wow! Is that for real? I wish I understood japanese. How big are the smaller sharks in the video I wonder?

J.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by jimbo999]

My son roughly interpreted and summarized it as "as they were video taping. a huge rock appeared. wait its not a rock. what is this? its too big that it doesn't fit in the screen. it appeared once again. fins. its a fish! and that face. its a shark. its an onden zame. onden zame is known to eat dead creatures but not much is known about them. how big is it. we are unable to determine from this video"

He doesn't know what "onden" means and thinks "zame" refers to shark. When one of his friends in Japan come online and he remembers, he will ask them about it further for me. (let's hope I remember)

[edit on 3-6-2008 by mantic]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It's not fake, it's just a Pacific Sleeper Shark as pointed out on page 2 of this thread.

I quote from Wikipidia: "In 1990, an enormous Pacific sleeper shark was attracted to a bait in deep water outside Tokyo Bay, Japan and filmed. The shark was estimated by Eugenie Clark to be about 7 m (23 ft) long (some tabloid newspapers, particularly The Sun, made outrageous claims that it was a "Megalodon")."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
this is apparently a CGI of how big the megalodon would be, enjoy.

CGI Megalodon

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Not a Megladon folks, this looks like it could be a very large and even more rare 6 gilled greenland shark. I could'nt quit count the gills though. That also looks like a small lobster trap. You can tell it's deep water.

Nikon

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This Species of shark is called a Pacific Sleeper. One was filmed off the coast of Japan. Which is most likely what this film shows.

From You tube: There was a report of an immense 7m(23ft) Pacific Sleeper that was attracted to some deepwater bait in Tokyo Bay, Japan, which is what this video shows.
Here is a link

Here is one caught in 1920 www.shark-pictures.com...
And some more .
www.wildlifenews.alaska.gov...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by SJE98]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheObjectReport
Never trust anything involving a combination of: Japanase+Camera+Monster...

haha agreed!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
he says in the video the shark, cho-kyo-dai-same, is 10m long at sea.

hope this helps!
peace!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I know nothing about video editing, so please feel free to shoot me down.

To me, it looks as though the movements of particles in the water, air bubbles, and camera shake are all at "normal" (for lack of a more technical term) speed, while the shark is moving slowly and with a sense of great weight. That indicates, at least to my untrained eye, that it really is quite large relative to everything else in the video. There's enough debris flying around that I would imagine taking separate footage of a normal sized shark, slowing it down, and somehow editing it into this other normal speed footage, would be quite the task indeed.

I'm going to spend some time looking up Pacific Sleeper sharks now. I had no idea sharks could get that big! I'm gonna have nightmares lol

[edit on 6/4/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
well to me it looks like a basking Shark

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There are no real size references in this footage. You can't actually tell HOW big it is. It looks like ordinary shark. Besides that, you can see that the waters are not very deep if there is some human feeding sharks from the cage.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Im open to that suggestion of it being a giant beast. I mean common, we seriously dont know whats in the ocean do we?, there are abyss that we know nothing about them. The ocean is huge and dark. I think there are a few acuatic dinosaurs living on our seas, on inexplored areas, or really deep and dark abyss that we know nothing of. Great vid!!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'd be intrigued if a living megalodon was to be found, but to be honest, I think this is probably a hoax, the whole video didn't look real at all.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ok to all the people who clearly don't read the posts by others in the thread and blindly just post it's a fake video or it's CGI. I believe that we have come to the realization that this is simply a very , very large sleeper shark.This is pretty obvious it is not a fake video.

It still amazes me when I see people using their almost constant standard reply to anything anyone posts as " its CGI or it's a hoax". I would like to thank everyone for their responses to this thread.

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Cant believe people actuallly thought this thing could be wiped out....

Nothing's taking this thing down.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mantic

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Wow! Is that for real? I wish I understood japanese. How big are the smaller sharks in the video I wonder?

J.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by jimbo999]

My son roughly interpreted and summarized it as "as they were video taping. a huge rock appeared. wait its not a rock. what is this? its too big that it doesn't fit in the screen. it appeared once again. fins. its a fish! and that face. its a shark. its an onden zame. onden zame is known to eat dead creatures but not much is known about them. how big is it. we are unable to determine from this video"

He doesn't know what "onden" means and thinks "zame" refers to shark. When one of his friends in Japan come online and he remembers, he will ask them about it further for me. (let's hope I remember)

[edit on 3-6-2008 by mantic]

I read your post and took the word onden and did a search and found this site.This is what I found...just use Babel fish to translate the page from Japanese to English.Sorry I don't have a snapshot program.

www.mws.ne.jp...

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
astounding!
a lots of big things have been found by the Japanese -squids and other larger fish. this shark is crazy.
megalodon or not it has 4 gill slits and man it s color and shape are crazy.
godzilla anywhere anyone?
cool footage why isn't National Geographic chasing this?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiorano
astounding!
a lots of big things have been found by the Japanese -squids and other larger fish. this shark is crazy.
megalodon or not it has 4 gill slits and man it s color and shape are crazy.
godzilla anywhere anyone?
cool footage why isn't National Geographic chasing this?

I dont know, because its been identified in this thread multiple times?

www.fishbase.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Though shows like that, the fruity looking ones, have been known to just be joking and show later on it was not what it appeared. I wonder if it is a real video though. It might just be an illusion that they reveal later on but video was cut short, or it could be the real deal.

I really don't want to go swimming anymore.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UnforgiveableSin

Uh... as it's been said several times. I'ts a large sleeper shark. The video is real. Come on, read the thread past the first couple of posts.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Its just my opinion from first glance.
I did read first posts, I just decided to post what else it could have been.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join