It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

megalodon caught on deep sea camera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am only four foot a not even a foot. (approximately 4'10). From my perspective, up close and personal, that creature is enormous; and going by the cage for divers, a man would be small in comparison.

It doesn't matter what creature it is in the ocean.The fact is it is real, and it exists. Good enough for me not to go swimming in the ocean, if I could.

Strange enough, I wondered if I could learn to scuba with my disability, after seeing this video, I think I will reconsider.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It looks like video editing to me
Fake

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
It's a deep sea Cow shark. Also known as a 'Six-gill'.

Cow Shark Vid

Yep its a 6 gill. Usually found in very deep water, so very large ones like in the one in the video don't pop up too often. There is actually a place in North America where the 6 gill cruises in on the continental shelf to depths of 70 feet. If you are brave enough you can actually dive with them. For their impressive size they are pretty much harmless.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by testrat]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's GODZILLA!!!!!!

hehe jk, nice video! That thing is huge!

[edit on 3-6-2008 by EternalThought]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

Good find.
That looks like the same shark to me. The fins in the video didn't look like a great white to me. The Megladon and great white are very similar except for size. Even the eyes don't look the same as a great white.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
what else is down there i wonder

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

it is obiviously a basking shark which is harmless but very big.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah the basking shark can get like 40 feet.

The basking shark rivals, though it does not equal, the whale shark of tropical seas in size. Reports that an occasional basking shark may reach a length of 50 feet probably are not an exaggeration, for the catch on the coast of Norway, for the period 1884 to 1905, included one of about 45 feet and three of about 40 feet, with the six next longest ranging between 36 feet and 30 feet 3 inches. The three longest for which we find definite measurements for the western Atlantic were of 32 feet 2 inches, 32 feet, and 30 feet 3 inches. But others up to 35 feet long have been credibly reported as killed near Eastport, Maine, many years ago; and one captured at Musquash Harbor, New Brunswick, near the mouth of the Bay of Fundy in 1851 was said to have been about 40 feet long. It is probable that they are at least 5 to 6 feet long when born, the three smallest so far reported having been between 5 feet 5 inches and about 8 feet 6 inches long. Matthews[59] concluded from studies of basking sharks taken near the Isle of Skye that fish up to 10 feet are in their first year, those of 15 feet in their second year. Males mature sexually at about 18 to 20 feet as indicated by the lengths of their claspers, females at about 20 to 23 feet; i. e., when 3 years old or perhaps 4, according to Mathews' estimate.

We find no exact weights for large basking sharks from the Atlantic. But 6,580 pounds for one of 28 feet, and 8,600 pounds for another of 30 feet, from Monterey, Calif., is doubtless a fair indication of what a fairly large one may be expected to weigh. Estimated weights for smaller ones, from the Pacific, are about 6,600 pounds at about 23 feet, 1,000 to 1,800 pounds at 13 to 15 feet, and 800 pounds at 8 feet 4 inches.[60] A young one, 12 feet long, killed off Digby, Nova Scotia, August 16, 1939, weighed 359 pounds, after it had bled,[61] and one almost 20 feet long, taken off Portland, Maine, in 1936, weighed 550 pounds, dressed.

www.gma.org...

[edit on 3-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

okay does anyone else see the camera flashes? looks like its in an aquarium of some sort.. and it doesnt really look like any sort of great white which is alledgedly what there thought to resemble are they not?
I also heard laughter at the end of the clip before they show the dude in the cage with the squid/octopus... so comedy show im thinkin.. either way I really dont believe this is what its said to be.... my opinion anyways

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It does not look like a megalodon. Megalodons resemble great whites only bigger. This looks more like the deep sea shark called a six gill.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sansego

This very video has been addressed here before... at least once. It is in fact a Greenland shark as speculated in the first page. How in the world did you get Megolodon? Sure this is a very large shark but to jump the gun and scream "Megalodon" (a creature that has been extinct for millions of years BTW) is a bit.. speculative?
MODS: Please change title for accuracy.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's not a Basking shark. As some have already pointed out, it's a Pacific sleeper shark.

In 1990, an enormous Pacific sleeper shark was attracted to a bait in deep water outside Tokyo Bay, Japan and filmed. The shark was estimated by Eugenie Clark to be about 7 m (23 ft) long (some tabloid newspapers, particularly The Sun, made outrageous claims that it was a "Megalodon").

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
sorry guys id have to go with the Greenland shark on this one.

if and a BIG if it was a meg it wouldn't be so flabby. when was the last time you saw a fat great white? if what we know of meg is correct it would be about the same as a great white but many times larger so i would speculate a large muscular structure with little fat. this one looks like it has a lot of fat to get it through the cold waters. but thats my 2cents

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Never trust anything involving a combination of: Japanase+Camera+Monster...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ok, this seems unbelievable. But in the 2nd video someone found you see another shark in the frame, well half of it. And even if that shark was only 1 foot long it still makes this a massive specimen. We could have something, but where are the mainstream scientists???

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xhorrorgasmx

I think you are right-they put up a graphic that indicates the smaller sharks are 2 meters.

What a gigantic fish.

Thank You.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

That is a fake. You can tell on the You Tube video that the animal is not swimming closet by the boat or shark cage. This is a composite fake. There is no evidence that ancient sharks, especially a Meglodon (sp?), even exists, yet the narrator of the shark cage piece acts as if it is accepted that these fish still swim in the ocean. I bet this is a tv show pretending the large creatures still exists the way Discovery channel does dinosaurs in their programs. Don't be fooled. DH.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

The main stream scientists thought it was a neat video of a Sleeper shark that got way to much attention possibly.
No offense, but do people actually read the thread smuch anymore?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The giant squids are at least triple to quadruple that size....

but still- its visually impressive to see such a large animal...especially a shark.

I can only imagine if we we're able to get down there what we would truly see....

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Why are you people still posting? This has been proven fake in a in a few posts
back.

It's just some Japanese making a hoax of a supposedly giant shark in a Japanse comedy show! Jeeesus....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join