It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

megalodon caught on deep sea camera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Cmon, someone has to speak Japanese here!

Theres no telling how big the shark is unless we know how big the other ones were. They could be 2 foot nurse sharks for all we know.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
megalodon jaws.

i hope it's not a megalodon.

-

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nope don't speak Japanese but I've seen these videos or similar ones before on CNN a few years back If I recall correctly. They were trying to see what they could find down there I believe they were really after the Giant Squid the cage is not a shark cage it's a slightly smaller feeder cage roughly 3' X 3' they have been at that for a while they caught another shark that was huge but this one takes the cake.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
The cage in my opinion is just a model and the shark nothing out of the ordinary. Just a hoax to make it look as if it's a bohemoth. If the film was real and indeed taken at unexplored depths, then there would'nt be a guy in a cage there feeding sharks, would there!!!

I know you're just trying to get a rise out of ppl here with that kind of talk about it bneing a model and all but to break the news to you , it's not the same cage if you notice the height of the cage....

for an quick education of how big some sharks can get.. do a Google search with whale shark and then click on images at the top of browser..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Prediction.
Basking Shark.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Holy Big Mean Shark, Batman!!!

Oooh. That must be why I am scared of the ocean... I always wondered.
The second video shows it pounding that cage into the dirt, I would hate to be in a sub near by!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It's a deep sea Cow shark. Also known as a 'Six-gill'.

Cow Shark Vid

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Awesome vid!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I knew there was a reason I do not have fins or gills or a fondness for the ocean.

YIKES!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
It's a deep sea Cow shark. Also known as a 'Six-gill'.

Cow Shark Vid

The supposed Magaldon in the video only has four(4) gills as opposed to six(6) gills in the Six-gill shark.....also has a different skin texture and tone.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well the shark didnt look very stealthy.. it almost looked like it just came to get the scraps and make all the other sharks do the work for him.

Nevertheless, he is a cutey!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yea, it does not look like a man-eater to me...hard to tell really.It does have characteristics with some of the other sharks mentioned here...I think it may be just a undiscovered deep water species that is simply very very large.Seems as the planets climate is changing some of these undiscovered and some thought extinct animals are starting to migrate to different habitats.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'd take it with a pinch of salt personally. I thought i could count a 5 or 6 gills in a few stills of it, but tbh i'll stay skeptical.
On a similar note, the smaller sharks are small, by looking at them, they've small bodies but not THAT small all the same.

I'm not sure, evil alter-ego says don't believe it, other side says "meh, maybe?"

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've seen something like that before (size wise). It reminds me of the whale shark.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Two rules I live by:...... 1: As a truck driver I don't drive nutthin' that can go BOOOOM!!! 2: I don't swim in no water what got big teeth swimmin' in it!!!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Actually I noticed more gills on the older video also
if you look right behind the left side fin right up against it you'll see them they look like wrinkles which puts it back into play the size of this beast!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Pretty sure it's not a megalodon. Why? If THE ULTIMATE SHARK OF NIGHTMARES was discovered to be alive, every news station would be playing the jaws theme right now. Greenland/Sleeper. Not the supreme fish king of slaughter.

I wish there was video of a Megalodon, I really do, but, there isn't. The thing is more than probably long dead. When the giant squid, and colossal squid were discovered, there were articles and US news clips, and a new doscovery channel special on it. If the most frightening thing ever to swim was caught on camera, and made public, we'd know about it by now.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This vid has been floating around for a while.

Here's some other ATS threads

This one actually gives a pretty good explanation as a Sleeper Shark.

Same Vid from 2007.. I believe

This one here is regarding the filming of

18-ft Six Gill Shark

Very cool vid. Supposed to be a rare sight to see one this large.

My belief then... and now, is NOT a Meg.

There's several other threads on here regarding the possibility of a Meg surviving after all this time, every time practical wisdom out rules wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hes saying:

The length of the body is 2m!! and reaching a maximum of 3m!
What is the name of this enormous organism?
[again]What is this organism?!
SUPER ENORMOUS SHARK!! *screaming*

The guy answering the question doesn't get a chance to so it doesn't actually say what it is other than a "super enormous shark"
Even if it did, I probably wouldn't recognize it as a proper noun.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ohhhhhh!! Hahahaha oh damn thats great. Theres 100s of those videos circulating You Tube about the "giant man eating megalodon shark", the video has nothing to do with the giant extinct shark named Megalodon

Who ever was the first person to post the video that couldn't actually speak or understand spoken Japanese obviously set this whole thing into motion. Its a translation fux up someone would make if they were trying to feed the audio through a translator. It makes more sense if you listen to the audio of the other parts to it, like was posted at the bottom of the 1st page.

He's talking about going diving with the Megalodon, except hes not referring to the name of anything thats alive. They're diving "with" the Megalodon, "with" meaning "by the use of" not as in "accompanying". The "Megalodon" is a piece of equipment they're using to dive with, by the context it sounds like its a scuba apparatus like an air supply.

Theres a whole lot of really confused people on You Tube rambling on about the rediscovered extinct Megalodon shark

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join