It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

megalodon caught on deep sea camera

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow from the perspective of the other sharks this thing is immense in size!
Although this could be a baby megalodon at 10 meters long.Seem like each day a new species is being discovered or found thought to be long extinct.Many will say this is just a normal shark but think about this for a second.

We know more about space than we do about our very own deep oceans.Enjoy

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Wow! Is that for real? I wish I understood japanese. How big are the smaller sharks in the video I wonder?

J.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It appears to be real; the only thing i can see to use as a size reference is the other sharks and cage on the bottom. In the first part of the video you see a guy in the cage feeding the sharks.If looks like the cage has been pushed in to the sediment at the bottom, that would take a tremendous weight.

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

and
for good measure !

Thats just freaking amazing. Totally amazing footage, but still shows just how little we know about our own world and its inhabitants...

That thing must be freaking HUGE!!

Hope it doesn't eat divers and swimmers...........

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
It appears to be real; the only thing i can see to use as a size reference is the other sharks and cage on the bottom. In the first part of the video you see a guy in the cage feeding the sharks.If looks like the cage has been pushed in to the sediment at the bottom, that would take a tremendous weight.

so if thats the same cage the diver was in - that would make this thing way bigger than 30 feet! hmmm...that reminds me, i've got to quit swimming at the beach next summer!!

j.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The cage in my opinion is just a model and the shark nothing out of the ordinary. Just a hoax to make it look as if it's a bohemoth. If the film was real and indeed taken at unexplored depths, then there would'nt be a guy in a cage there feeding sharks, would there!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
WOW! That's a freaking huge shark, if it's as big as it looks.

It'd be really cool if it was a megalodon. But I wouldn't be going to the beach anymore if it is real.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
The cage in my opinion is just a model and the shark nothing out of the ordinary. Just a hoax to make it look as if it's a bohemoth. If the film was real and indeed taken at unexplored depths, then there would'nt be a guy in a cage there feeding sharks, would there!!!

true.

but i don't understand japaese - do you? i don't what depth this footage is taken at at all..

j.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am never going swimming again!
Apart from the gigantic size the face looked quite 'sharky'. Perhaps its some kind of whale shark?
Or just a monster???

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If we could see the diver in the cage in the same shot as the so called MEGALODON, then we would would have proof. But the cage is CONVENIENTLY buried in the mud!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

I don't speak Japanese so I can't say if it was taken at unexplored depths....as far as the cage being a prop....mmm could be but the other sharks a certainly not fake and that thing is much,much, larger than the other sharks.Could be a baby megaldon.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Might just be my eyes (or its eyes) but the GreenLand shark seem to be fairly similar to it, shame I can't find a better image of one then this.

en.wikipedia.org...

The size of the Greenland shark is impressive; it is so large that its record is comparable to (and may exceed) that of the great white shark.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Marshall Ormus]

Its also been covered before it seems:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Marshall Ormus]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

I thought the same thing, but this thing only has four gills.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Marshall Ormus hit the nail on the head.

ithought i saw that video some where before

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
First thought, but the physical shape of the head and the texture of the skin is quite different than known specie. Might not be a Megla but could very well be an unknown.

Also the dorsal is much farther forward than than the greenland.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

i will have to go to my other computer (this one doesn't have camtasia or photoshop), but if you watch the video, the pectoral fins aren't right (is that what they are called?). the ones in the video look more like a whale...but it isn't a whale shark, and it isn't a mammal.

give me a few....gonna go get some still images.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
OK...here is the still of the "megalodon" shark and its' side fin:

and the greenland shark from above:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
After a little more searching for this I found a longer video of this its titled
????????????sleeper shark

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We've been hoax so much I don't believe any thing I see.

What ever it is, it's perceptive is big. Just like UFO vid's only the one shooting the film knows for sure.

Roper

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
On the video it says "2m" between the kanji and kana so that's probably how long the smaller sharks are. Maybe?

It's definitely a strange video.

Maybe the big sharks isn't actually really big... maybe the cage is just small and the smaller sharks are very small sharks so that the larger shark looks huge.

Japanese TV can definitely be questionable...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join