It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Light Ball spotted in Indio Calif 5-30-2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I live in Indio California in a rural part of the city. I am posting this not as a UFO sighting but to see if anyone has any thoughts, or have seen anything similar to what i saw last night. 5-30-2008

around 9:30pm i was taking my daughter to her dads house.

I live in a gated mobile home community. across the street from me is a date palm tree field and to the left of me is the indio polo grounds, to the right is a few gated communities and palm trees and rural environment. this is a no street light zone, meaning the desert cities do not allow street lights in certain area because they dim out the stars.

this light from where i was could have been maybe 1-2 feet in diameter.

I was heading to the Gate to leave the park and to my left i see a red pulsing light, it was an odd red, not like an airplane or helicopter light red, almost like a deep red, it had a slow pulse to it and when it pulsed there was a white glow that came in to it, I would say the pulse of the light was maybe every 2-3 seconds,

when i first saw the light it was stationary just hovering, not moving at all, it was level with the telephone pole on the corner of the park.

the aprox distance from me to the light was maybe 100 feet if that.

as i approached the gate to leave I stopped to look at this light, and all of a sudden it moved to the west, it took a small dip and then rose again, at this point i though it was a remote control airplane but then that idea stopped when i saw it fly away from the park very quickly.

My 15 year old daughter who is not a believer in UFOs or anything unearthly, said "No mom its not a UFO!". I had not said anything at all, up to this point i was in quiet contemplation as to what i was seeing. so My daughter saw this and knew it was also unusual. I then asked her, "then what is it?" and she said "I don't know, but i don't want to think about it right now".

I left the community and made a right hand turn to the stop sign, maybe 200 yards away, made another right hand turn to the west and was watching this light glide way fast from where i was.

I was on a rural road with a polo field and no other lights around, this light was moving extremely fast to the north west, our valley coachella valley is a flat zone and there are mountains that circle the valley, so you can see a big distance from where i was, as this light moved it never rose higher than tree or telephone pole height. by the time i drove out of the park and to the west driving road this light would have been close to our major freeway aprox 15-20 miles away.

I did not see any airplanes nor helicopters, this was ONE light. I did not hear any airplanes or helicopters or remote control airplanes for these are very loud.

what has been with me since last night is the fact this light was not attached to anything i could see, if it was a drone, its possible i did not see the structure attached to it.

the questions in my head are,
If its a ufo why does it need a light, unless it was a night vision light, or an infrared light, but then this tends to make me think earthy apparatus.

what was this light attached to?

It made no sound.

It moved at extreme steady speed, almost gliding.

It hovered, it was stationary when i first saw it.

I would love some feedback or discussion as to what i maybe saw or if anyone has seen anything recently like this.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by sheila947]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have seen things like this many times, although nowhere as near close-up as you describe...One question-Did this light have any shape or form to it?

The reason I ask, is it may not actually be a light you saw, but some sort of energy field surrounding the object. Did it appear to glow? Did it change colors at all, like red to yellow to orange?

Often times these objects, if they have an immense enough power field surrounding them, create a glow from that field by it interacting with the gases in its immediate environment, which the emits photons which can give off a bright glow surrounding the object.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This seemed to be perfectly round, it did change colors but only from the odd red to what seemed to be white, it may have been a yellow thinking back.

Today i looked where i saw it last night hovering still and it was right at a palm tree that had cellular phone panels in it! This seemed odd seeing this in the day knowing that light was there at those panels.

I was also in town today and i saw a helicopter, i paid close attention to its lights, and i saw a constant 3 -4 lights on it, so im pretty sure this was not a helicopter.

thank you so much for you input, i am still extremely baffled.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

That is odd. It may have been examining our tech (cell phone tower disguised as a tree) out of curiosity. It sounds like you had a very special sighting to me. To see the object that close and low to the ground is a pretty rare opportunity. But make no mistake, they are ALL OVER the upper atmosphere. Keep your eyes up to the sky, and my guess is you will have more sightings. If you see anything else, please update. Also, if you have any other questions, feel free to U2U me if you like.

This was a great report by the way.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i sure will update, and my eyes are heavenbound more than earthbound ..LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

Well get ready, because quite often once you witness your first one, you start seeing them more often. It was certainly that way in my case. Your area is quite active by the way. If you have a chance, check out the report section of the national UFO reporting center. There are tons of sightings right in your area in the archives.

www.nuforc.org...

new topics

top topics

join