It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worth visiting Roswell? What's there to do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I was thinking about taking a trip to roswell on my motorcycle for something to do. My question is, what is there to really do there? I realize it has some history, but is it just one big tourist trap? Is there anything of value for a guy who has interest in UFO's but isn't some hardcore researcher that thinks they are fox mulder?

I guess what I mean is, are the museums good, or are they the equivalent of the museum at Daley plaza and stuff like that? Anything besides the museums that would be of interest?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I live approx 1.5 hrs away from here. It's become quite a tourist trap, and it is verrrrry boring, at least til the first weekend of July, when they do their big festival. There are museums you can go to, and a ton of alien themed gift shops.

The museum is OK (one on the main street). Go during the festival because theres a LOT more to do over that weekend.

www.roswellufofestival.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok, I kinda got that feeling about the place. I would imagine camping out near area 51 is much cooler experience simply because of your anticipation, but roswell just seems like a cool thing to do on paper, but with little substance. I will check out the festival in July though, that may be a good idea.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
even a day there during the festival can be lots of fun (go on the 4th or 5th, the beginning and closing days are rather...slow)..

Just don't pull a me, and end up missing a few hrs -_-.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Chiiru, nailed it!

After Roswell, head up to Lincoln county and explore Billy the Kid country,
Go to Ruidoso and party with the Texans.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Chiiru, nailed it!

After Roswell, head up to Lincoln county and explore Billy the Kid country,
Go to Ruidoso and party with the Texans.

and come down here to Alamogordo and we can have a beer at Chilis or Applebees or something.

lol

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
roswell hey?

chirru has a point, if your gonna go you should probably go durring the festival.

but, if your interested in enjoying a ride on your bike, on the open road, i would suggest going when tourist arent around. Ever concider the fact that you just might find enjoyment with being alone out there. solitude? you plan on doing some sky watching while your out there im sure. my vote is you go but done expect anything grand, just enjoy the day.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I spent a couple of days there a while back. the people are real nice (especially when they find out you come on behalf of ATS) and the history of the area, all the ufo stuff makes for a fun time. I didn't get to the museum or other such touristy things as I was entrenched in document research with Mr. Stone but I doubt if I'd been bothered by the touristy aspect to it. It's a tourist town. It's like going to disney world with an all alien theme and no rides. I might be heading back some time in the near future and I'm looking forward to it. imagine going to a town where the whole town has a theme. it's fun.

top topics

join