It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC, CE, AD Is all about Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

it wasn't a headdress, it was a drawing.
and this is the problem with trying to take your religion and apply it to everything, there are places where it just doesn't fit

ancient egypt, they just put animal heads on people to represent qualities. they never actually thought they had true interaction with these deities, save for the pharaoh who was never depicted as having an animal head in life...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Why you say this? were you there? You know this to be fact? My idea is a lot closer than what you are saying. In my opinion. Oh and I agree with you that it wasn't a headdress!

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

well, the egyptians wrote a lot about their religious stuff...not once did they mention physical encounters with the gods...they didn't even label a place where their gods lived.
also, they didn't have a unified set of beliefs...and their beliefs shifted quite a bit, with many gods being merged (most famously amon-ra coming from a merging of the ram king of the gods amon and the sun god ra...)

in fact, what you're suggesting runs quite counter to all scientifically based study of ancient egyptian society.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

well, the egyptians wrote a lot about their religious stuff...not once did they mention physical encounters with the gods...they didn't even label a place where their gods lived.

I would like to say again, that I do not believe that these were God. However, I do consider the possibility that these were falling angels spoken about in the Bible, and portraying themselves as gods to us. I said this is a possibility not a fact. It is my opinion!

Egyptian gods
Amun and Ra were eventually combined into the chief god Amun-Ra.
Anubis (Anpu in Egyptian) was a god of the netherworld.
Aten was the visible disk of the sun, worshipped during the reign of Akhenaton.
Atum was god of the setting sun.
Bastet was the cat-headed goddess.
Geb was the earth god.
Hapi was the Nile god.
Hathor was the love goddess, sometimes represented as a cow.
Horus was two gods, Horus of the Two Horizons and Horus the son of Osiris, later combined into one god.
Isis was the sister and wife of Osiris. The last sign of her name, as shown here, is actually the sign for Hathor. Isis often is shown with that crown, too (with cows horns around a sun). Often Isis is shown with her throne (the first symbol of her name) on her head.
Kheperi was the rising sun.
Khnum was the ram-headed god, who created human beings.
Maat was the goddess of truth and justice.
Min was the god of fertility.
Mont was the war god.
Mut was Amun's wife.
Nut was the sky goddess.
Osiris was the king of the netherworld.
Ptah was the father of the gods.
Ra (Re) was the sun god and creator of the universe.
Ra-Harakhti was also called Harakhti or Horus of the two horizons
Seth was brother and killer of Osiris.
Shu was goddess of the sky.
Sobek was the crocodile god.
Tefnut or Tefenet was the lion-headed goddess.
Thoth (Djehuti in Egyptian) was the scribe of the gods.

The above were the main gods of ancient Egypt. Some are known mainly by the Greek version of their names. etc...

A number of gods (Ptah, Khnum, Atum, Ra, and others) were given credit for creating the universe, in conflicting stories from different cities. The Ennead (Greek for "group of nine") were Atum, Shu, Tefnut, Geb, Nut, Osiris, Isis, Seth, and Nephthys.

more at the link above.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Shar]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join