It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC, CE, AD Is all about Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

I don't have time to sort through thousands of posts to find your specific one, but I'm gathering from your comments that you are some loon who considers himself the anit-Christ and that 1978 is the year of your birth. Is that correct?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Although I understand what you are trying to say, this really doesn't do anything to establish Jesus' historical existence. It's anecdotal at best.

Why because you say so? I think it says a lot. Else why have we been using the calandar this way?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37
reply to post by Mabus

I don't have time to sort through thousands of posts to find your specific one, but I'm gathering from your comments that you are some loon who considers himself the anit-Christ and that 1978 is the year of your birth. Is that correct?

You neglected to answer this: May I ask you then, why do ppl act like they know something Jesus didnt want them to know?

I will answer your question after you answer my question.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

If you post a link to your thread I will read it, but like I said I dont have time to play word games. Also, I can't answer a question that I can't understand. What are you refering to that people aren't supposed to know?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf37

Matthew 16:20
Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

^^If ppl cant understand this, and act like they know Jesus is the Christ come in the flesh when it wasnt meant to be told, then those ppl are in the bliss of ignorance. You cant know something that wasnt to be told. And it wasnt supposed to be told because Christ in the flesh NEVER existed as a man.

Petter's character indicates this:

Mat 26

72 And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.

Mark 14

71But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.

72And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

^^Peter denied Jesus the Christ as a man as the character Jesus the Christ wanted as the Author wanted readers of the work to.

Mark 13:21
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

^^"here" is indicating Jesus. So Jesus whether or not you think he is a character is not a 'come in the man's flesh' Christ.

Matt 12
16And charged them that they should not make him known:

^^To make him known would be to say Christ was here in the flesh as a man because a man takes flesh to be.

Matthew 9:30
And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.

^^If he charged them to see that no man know it, then it being in the Gospel reveals disobedience. If you follow that disobedience, then you are one who acts like they know Jesus the Christ existed in the flesh, which goes against the Author and the Author's character.

Mark 3:

11And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

12And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.

^^There is no Son of God come in the flesh that should be KNOWN. And it's only reason is that there was no Jesus the Christ to be anything come in the flesh.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have this to say why are you guys off the topic?

Mabus everyone of those questions can be easily answered. jUst not here in this thread. If you start a new thread and let me know of it. I will post in it your answers.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
^^Plus, if it's not to be told, then it's a command that it's not to be known period. If there is anyone who will make you know him as having been an actual him (a man), then you are being decieved as the Gospel mentioned.

So you must, with that info I provided, cease in confessing to know something and someone beyond just being a created charater ordeal. You are supposed to believe the Gospel, just not the come in man's flesh aspect though about Jesus.

Add:

Through Peter's character the Author was letting you in on the fact that Jesus was no man.

"...let "no man" decieve you..."
"...knoweth "no man"..."

^^Indicating the Gospel has that day and hour known by the "no man" character. So ppl should be able to find that day and that hour by the Bible books involving the character Jesus (no man).

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

That would be too complex to do.

It would be easy just to have answered a one time, once in a life time questioning in this thread so it can be put to rest.

Besides, simple ppl like to do things the simple way. If I wanted to walk 1 mile, am I going to walk 200 miles just to walk 1 mile just because someone didnt want me in their city?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I will now try to re-create the post i sent over 1 hour ago:

the BC and AD...and also the CE (which is basically scientific terminology and secterian in nature) are merely pointing to a "Reference Point' in time chronology.

See, the 'church' -> aka;" Papacy" [which compromised most of modern Western and Eastern Europe) as feudal & subservient states, were controlled by the Popes...as the highest authority in the world....
the 'Papacy' had total control aka hegemony over all the 'civilized' world (european peoples) for more tham 1,000 years.

So, therefore... following the recorded history of the modern era,
it has been generally accepted to date events from the point of the 'victor'
pint-of-view, an calibrate/reference the birth-of-Christ (as erroneous as it appears to be) as the moden eras refgerence point !!!!

It has nothing at all to do with the 'truth' or factual 'veracity' of this 'Christs' birth !

wake-up & smell the coffee I was always told...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37
I can't think of another person that an entire calendar system, accepted in multiple countries around the world, is based on. In fact I think it is the only calendar that is based souly on the life of a single individual. That would seem to point to the supreme importance of the life of Jesus in our world.

Oh, trust me. I completely agree with you. You get it. Shar gets it. I get it. I don't know of any other figure that has ever had such an impact on history. Yes, our calender count is based on the approximate year of Jesus' birth (some believe it is off by about 1-7 years but no biggie- the point remains). But non Christians will simply see it as anecdotal instead of solid. Much of our calender is also named after Roman mythological gods, the Julian and Gregorian calender system was set up by Christians much later, and the spread of Christianity throughout the world is what made those calender systems so popular. Just trying to look at is from an outside view. I mean no offense.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
additional food for thought:

www.amperspective.com...

comparative calanders, and its pointed out that the RomanCatholic and prominant Protestant churches agreed upon the present day calander for the main purpose of keeping track of moveable feasts like Easter,
which then regulates when other feast days are held each year.

the BC and AD notations could also have been named OT and NT eras,
but in an act of graciousness, the dominant Christian victors chose to spare the world a bit less humiliation and chose the Latin miasma

to myself, its the year of the rat & the element is wood
(once every 60 years that combination repeats)
to others its 1429 Islam era

it may technically be 2008 AD (church time)
or 2008 CE (scientific time),
But i date my checks 2008 period

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The main reason we still use BC/AD in a dating system is because it would take too many man hours and cost too much to relabel all the record, forms, etc using a new ISO# standard.

This is the same reason America doesn't adopt the metric system, it would cost billions of dollars to make new signs, new cargo containers, absolutely everything that has a weight, speed, distance, volume on it.

You all honestly thought our capitalist, greedy nations cared about our precious religious beliefs? That they're really keeping the flawed, archaic Gregorian calendar along with the BC/AD system for reasons of Christian heritage?

Money
Thats what it's all about, not Jesus, sorry.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have seen several correct answers here. 1-Cent's is probably the most real. I wasn't aware that the designations of BC and AD are ever used anymore. I can't recall the last time I have seen them used in a current sense. I thought everything was BCE and CE now and actually I believe it is. As someone mentioned before religion once held a powerful influence over government but that isn't any more proof of the truth of a religion than the existance of Saturday proves that the god Saturn was real. Your faith is a tremendous thing and must give you great comfort but it is not fact and it is not truth, it is just that, faith.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i use B.C.E [- Before Current Era-]
and C.E [-Common Era-]

[edit on 3-6-2008 by CzErased]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

umm...this is quite possibly the weakest argument for the existence of Jesus as a historical figure i've heard

by your logic, Thursday is evidence for the existence of Thor (it is his day, after all, why would we call it his day if he doesn't exist?)

Wednesday is evidence for the existence of Wodan/Odin

Saturday proves the existence of Saturn (the Roman deity, not the planet)

Friday proves the existence of Freya/Freyr

and Tuesday...dammit, i always forget the origin of Tuesday...

but anyway, all the calendar proves is that someone believed that Jesus existed and decided to make a calendar based off of it

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

All the scripture you quoted were small parts of larger passages. At those points in time it was not His (Jesus) time to be taken. Therefore, he was not ready for His presence to be known to those who would ultimately fulfill the prophecies of the Old Testament and crucify Him. At one point He even fled a group of people that were going to stone Him because it was not the proper time or circumstances for His death.

John 8:59
59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Later he discussed with His disciples how that His name would be known through out the world and that others would claim to be Him. He also stated that those of us who believe in Him would be ridiculed and persecuted because of His name. If He had intended for no one to ‘ever’ tell who He was or what He did, then he would have not made these statements.

Mathew 24:1-14
1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come

When the time was right He told His disciples to go and teach about Him in through out the whole world. So this is the command that was given to us all who believe by Jesus. To tell the whole world so that they all may have the opportunity to accept Him and be saved from their sins.

Mathew 28:16-20
16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now you may answer my question.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by lonewolf37]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
^^^

Mathew 28:16-20
16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

^^In the name doesnt imply a man in the flesh you are to be baptized in. And all things whatsoever isnt all persons whosoever. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost may be names, but not persons being man in the flesh. So ha! You're not commanded to know there was a man in the flesh being Christ because there surely wasnt a Jesus the Christ come in man's flesh. The only thing to be made known is "things" in the Gospel. A thing is even a created character.

To answer your question. Me? Not a loon. Never. Me? Born 1978 indeed. You are Anti-Christ with me ("the" Anti-Christ) whether or not you're aware of that truth.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

What makes people think that Mythology isn’t part of true history. If people would just stop and think for a minute. The Bible speaks of falling angels. We know that these angels portrayed themselves as gods to us. Thereby forcing us to do things for them. I have a lot of thoughts on all of that including the hieroglyphics in Egypt where they are worshipping a man with an animal face. What makes us think today that the face was a headdress and not a falling angel! That acted like a god.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

I'm not going to waste anymore time with you because you have your own point of view and just want to argue. What I quoted and stated speaks for it's self and you can play semantics with it all you want. Just remember that when you mock God you are playing around with your eternal soul. If you don't believe that I can't make you.

The one thing you are correct on is that if you don't believe in God you do have what is called the spirit of anti-christ. But don't try to rope me into that category along with yourself. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the crucified and risen son of the only true God.

1 John 4:2-4 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

The spirit of anti-christ is within every person who does not believe that Jesus Christ is the true and living Son of God. Ultimately it will take over this world for a time. And it will eventually have a leader who at some point claims to be Jesus himself. This man will be the true anti-christ; the personification of the spirit of anti-christ. And all of these people, like you, who don't supposedly believe now will believe in him and follow him and take his mark. And then their souls will parish in the Lake of Fire for eternity. If you choose at that time to take the mark and to finally believe what I have told you, then you can save your soul. But anybody not taking the mark and proclaiming Jesus in those days will be persecuted, ridiculed, tortured and killed. If I'm still alive at that time, that will also be my physical fate. However, I am looking for my rewards in Heaven, not here on this temporary earth.

What you should be concerned with is the condition of your soul. No one can make you believe anything, but if you choose not to believe in Jesus and God, even after you have been told, then you are condemning your soul to Hell.

Our job as Christians is not to debate or argue. It is to proclaim and then it is your choice from there. If you would like to know more you can U2 me and I will be happy to explain salvation to you further, but I'm not going to argue Bible semantics back and forth.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by lonewolf37]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf37

You're not of God unless you are the devil.

God is the actual devil. So you're Anti-Christ whether you're aware of it or not. You shall be made aware though. Trust that Jesus was not a man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join