It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC, CE, AD Is all about Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If AD is a date we use meaning After death and BC before Christ and CE the Christian Era (common era) which is the time of Jesus’ Birth till His death.

Then why do people try and say He didn’t even exist if our whole calendar is based on this man’s existence?

Seems to me this in itself tells us the History that this man Jesus Christ existed. Since He did exist then doesn’t it even make since that He did the miracles spoken about in the Bible? Since He did these miracles spoken of in the Bible then doesn’t that mean He’s Jesus The Son of our God?

I haven’t seen no other man today bring someone back to life that was already buried for 4 days. open a blind mans eyes, cure the diseases with a Word, stops the stoning of a woman with a crowd of anger men, raises the lame from their bed, feed five thousand with five barley loaves, and two small fishes, put a wither mans hand back to normal or cast demons out by just a Word being Spoken, etc…

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
AD Means 'Anno Domini' not 'after death' and there's a forum on BTS for you to discuss religion.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Although I understand what you are trying to say, this really doesn't do anything to establish Jesus' historical existence. It's anecdotal at best. The planets, days of the week, and some of the months are named after mythological ancient Roman gods.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
period since the birth of Jesus Christ: the period of history dating from the year in which Jesus Christ is believed to have been born.
Dates in the early Christian Era are often indicated by ad, and dates before the Christian Era by bc.
Also called Common Era
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Idk this is where I got this from. So looks like we still have AD and Ce

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
AD Means 'Anno Domini' not 'after death' and there's a forum on BTS for you to discuss religion.
\

What is Anno Domini is it mispelled it dosen't come up for me in the dictionary?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi Shar,

As you know I don't believe in God or the theory of creation in the Biblical sense, but I don't deny that a man named Jesus is a part of historical fact.
The leap I have the most difficulty with is that he was the divine son of an omnipotent being that created the universe.

Jesus may have been a very influential man of his time that has impacted the entire world to this day. The people of his era desperate for comfort and succor probably embellished the stories of his deeds and the tales changed over time to increase His greatness.
We still have people today that honestly believe some can cure the sick, perform miracles, etc.....

I think a lot of this comes down to the insecurities and ignorance of humans and our desire to understand the unknown. Religion has been a way to explain a lot of the natural phenomena we've witness throughout history and as a crutch for our own failings. I'm sure you take comfort in the idea that God is watching over you, and the mystery/fear of death is resolved in your mind due to your belief in God.

I might get a "Hell" of a shock when my time comes to die, but I just can't accept that a single being created everything that is, or that Jesus was the son of God.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

'Anno Domini' is Latin for "In the year of our Lord"; as in Jesus Christ. Take a look.

More fully, years may be also specified as Anno Domini Nostri Iesu (Jesu) Christi ("In the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ").

Anno Domini - Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Jesus was no man. Jesus was something beyond man. How so? Jesus was the Author's creation. In this sense Jesus was born and in this sense Jesus never left yet. After the moment changes that'll be the moment Jesus officially left with us.

We are the Author's creation in a flesh sense. Jesus was and should still be the Author's creation in a non-flesh book sense until the next moment.

Is there a period time line named for the Anti-Christ? Anti-Christ been here since the beginning, but "the" Anti-Christ on earth became born in 1978. The Anti-Christ's stay shall be over with this year 2008 in this june. The Anti-Christ will have been on earth for 30 man-made concepted years and 2 months and 3 weeks and 5 days.

Jesus they say lived for 30 years. So there is a reflective match in the End Moment.

AM is for Anti-Christ Moment or the Anti-Christ Moment.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks Lonewolf!

I thought I was right on this. However, it threw me for a loop for a second. His word didn't come up in the dictionary. Seems he was trying to throw my thread off.

Ok back on topic.

Ad,

Hi long time since we have talked. I have missed you. thanks for your input my friend.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Please use the appropriate forum. Please.
Faith & Spirituality

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Ad,

Hi long time since we have talked. I have missed you. thanks for your input my friend.

Good to hear from you as well Shar, it has been a while.
We may walk different paths but that's no reason we can't share the journey.

Keep well my friend.
Love anx.....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Faith & Spirituality

Why are you assuming that this is not a conspiracy? Our whole calendar system is based on Jesus and you want to say there is no conspiracy here!!!! Think about that for just a minute.

Like I said if Jesus didn’t exist why would we date our calendars like this?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus

Anti-Christ been here since the beginning, but "the" Anti-Christ on earth became born in 1978. The Anti-Christ's stay shall be over with this year 2008 in this june. The Anti-Christ will have been on earth for 30 man-made concepted years and 2 months and 3 weeks and 5 days.

Well I'm not going to give a Bible lesson here on this today. Its a different topic. But with your logic your anti-christ has less than 30 days to do his thing.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There are different calendars all over the world. Jewish, Arabic, Chinese...

We only use the Gregorian calendar as a global standard to standardize things and it's only been accepted for the last 600 years or so. I don't see a conspiracy and if you have to ask your readers to find their own, you're in the wrong forum.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't see a conspiracy and if you have to ask your readers to find their own, you're in the wrong forum.

What did I ask you to find?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Faith & Spirituality

This sounds like a Mod problem. Stop trying to be a Mod and let them deal with these issues.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by lonewolf37]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok we seem to be getting derailed from the topic.

the topic is:

If AD is a date we use meaning After death and BC before Christ and CE the Christian Era (common era) which is the time of Jesus’ Birth till His death.

Then why do people try and say He didn’t even exist if our whole calendar is based on this man’s existence?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Is there a period time line named for the Anti-Christ? Anti-Christ been here since the beginning, but "the" Anti-Christ on earth became born in 1978. The Anti-Christ's stay shall be over with this year 2008 in this june. The Anti-Christ will have been on earth for 30 man-made concepted years and 2 months and 3 weeks and 5 days.

What makes you think the anti-Christ came in 1978? Where is some supporting documentation on this one? Do you have a link to this inspirational revelation?

But as was just said lets get back to the main topic here. How is it that some people can try to argue Jesus' very existence when so much evidence exists of His life, as AnxietyDisorder has stated. Even other religions such as Buhdism, Judaism and Muslim will concede that Jesus was a true historical figure and consider Him a profit. His works, however, prove He was not just a profit, but the Son of God.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37

What makes you think the anti-Christ came in 1978? Where is some supporting documentation on this one? Do you have a link to this inspirational revelation?

But as was just said lets get back to the main topic here. How is it that some people can try to argue Jesus' very existence when so much evidence exists of His life, as AnxietyDisorder has stated. Even other religions such as Buhdism, Judaism and Muslim will concede that Jesus was a true historical figure and consider Him a profit. His works, however, prove He was not just a profit, but the Son of God.

The Anti-Christ is born both of flesh and of Spirit. The Anti-Christ flesh wise was born in 1978. The Anti-Christ Spirit wise was born another moment after, but into the Anti-Christ's body already born flesh wise.

If you've read my other threads you'd be aware as to who is the Anti-Christ/false prophet/Lamb. As far as chosen name goes it's Mabus.

Jesus' existence in the flesh was meant to be only believable. Get it? Believable! Not knowable. The character Jesus even mentions something like 'see to it that no man knows it' concerning Jesus being the Christ. May I ask you then, why do ppl act like they know something Jesus didnt want them to know? If Jesus (the character) wants no man to know something, it was prolly because the Author is implying Jesus didnt exist in the flesh to be known in the first place. So no man should know it in actual truth.

Any one who wants to say they know Jesus is the Christ is going against the Author and the Author's character created to be believed in with a purpose for them.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I can't think of another person that an entire calendar system, accepted in multiple countries around the world, is based on. In fact I think it is the only calendar that is based souly on the life of a single individual. That would seem to point to the supreme importance of the life of Jesus in our world.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by lonewolf37]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join