It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author turns water into wine at conference....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Breaking news from Glastonbury Radio....

Author Ralph Ellis may need an armed guard during his controversial presentation in Glastonbury this month, after saying on a radio show that "Jesus didn't perform miracles - just tricks". The author has also said that he will prove it at the conference by turning water into wine in front of the live audience!

Ralph's new book says that Jesus and King Arthur were one and the same person, and that he was NOT a carpenter and didn't die on the cross!

The comments are bound to infuriate Christians and already there are calls for his talk to be boycotted! Apparently one group is planning a protest outside the Assembly Rooms in the town where the conference is taking place!

The author is no stranger to threats and has already had an Islamic Fatwah aimed at him because of his controversial writings in the past, so is under no pretence as to the threat from fundamentalist Christians once his book hits the shop this month.

Ellis is one of 19 speakers at The Now THAT'S Weird Conference in Glastonbury in South West England form June 20th - 22nd and the organisers are apparently arranging personal security for the author during his stay in the town.

Also appearing is controversial American Larry Warren who was on duty as a security officer at RAF Bentwaters when the famous UFO "landed" in Rendlesham Forest, and claims a video was made of actual ET contact with the base commander! He was one of the first on the scene and said "there has been a massive cover up over this incident which in fact took place over THREE nights"!

www.glastonburyfayres.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
there is also a man (will have to find article) who found out what manna (remember? food from the gods) is. very interesting and doesn't disturb my faith in the least, but rather confirms it.

any christian that feels threatened by such revelations such as these is not a seeker of truth anyway. i would rather have faith in something real than an illusion. (side note: i don't claim to be christian, but rather a seeker of the truth and a believer in a benevolent God who is more brilliant than any who have tried to interpret scripture or any other text by human standards).

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

Well now when this so called author raises a dead man of 4 days from the grave, feeds five thousand with five barley loaves, and two small fishes, heals a withers mans hand, open a blind mans eyes, cure the diseases with a Word, stops the stoning of a woman with a crowd of anger men, raises the lame from their bed, has the pure blood in him that he can sacrifice himself for our sins, etc.... talk to me then!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

No offence intended and I do not want to bash your views and beliefs but this author was saying Jesus performed tricks. I'm sure there would be a way of completing an illusion very similar to the ones Jesus supposedly performed.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So what? The illusionist Chris Angel walked on water. Being able to replicate or reproduce a feat does not mean that is how it was originally done by Jesus.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Knights

Yes I know what the author was saying. I said my peace however above. I don’t believe even Houdini did those kinds of tricks if that tells you something. As a matter of fact no one in 2008+ years has!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Author turns water into wine at conference....

Great sensationalist title, too bad its incorrect. It hasn't been done yet.

The author has also said that he will prove it at the conference by turning water into wine in front of the live audience!

June 20th - 22nd

You post says it clearly.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you remember in the Old Testament where Moses cast down his rod and it turned into a serpent, the other Egyptian court magicians did the same thing. But then they were all very surprised when Moses' serpent ate all the others and he picked it back up and it became a staff again. There is a big difference between Gods miracles and magician’s tricks.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Very well said Lonewolf.

Today people are trying very hard to prove that Jesus didn't exist. However, if He didn't exist we still would not be talking about Him 2008+years after the fact! That in itself says a lot.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why does this read to me as more of a press release than a post?

I'm not saying that the OP is a shill for the event, but does it seem a little forced to anyone else?

Eric

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here is the relevant passage from the bible:

John 2

1And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

2And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

4Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

5His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

6And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

7Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

8And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.

9When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew; ) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

10And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Now for some interesting observations.

1) A "firkin" is equal to 1/4 of a barrel (according to merriamwebster.com)
2) A "barrel" is 31 gallons of fermented beverage (ibid)
3) There were 6 "waterpots" that would hold between 2 and 3 firkins. That is, at the minimum, 45 GALLONS of wine.
4) The "governor of the feast" commented that they had withheld the good wine until the last. (Translated: "Hey, you usually server the cheap crap AFTER everyone is pretty plastered, but you waited until the end to serve the best wine!")

So, I'll believe this guy can turn water into wine *IF* he does it 45 gallons at a time, and a knowledgeable wine person says it is "good wine".

[edit on 2-6-2008 by sir_chancealot]

new topics

top topics

join