It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Mind Control and Brainwashing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
There are others ways to balance things out. Why not create a happy medium with old wisdom and new ways?

How about ATS?
Any medium which gives you the possibility to reflect, discuss, question and react (like this forum) is much better than a one way medium like television, radio and newspapers.

I feel a lot happier and much more in the here and now when I stay away from watching "the news" and reading newspapers. I keep myself updated by talking to lots of people with lots of different perspectives.

I am sure that we are manipulated by media and not only media. But I am not sure what it is what we (on an individual level) can do against it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
American TV is garbage. Enjoy the Internet while its free...

Turn off the TV or use it only to watch downloaded movies and television shows. Stay away from the "news". You dont have news - you have sponsored messages.

Go to Reuters for your news, thats the best english news source I know of.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

ATS is an interesting place. It certainly has a wide variety of perspectives.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

I want to live in a world with no money, no taxes, no government. Can I ?
All things produced locally, and to try to have as little impact on nature as possible.
[edit on 3-6-2008 by pai mei]

These are noble sentiments which I echo. The only problem with this, I've come to realize, is human behavior.

Some people would be unable to police or govern themselves, thereby forcing the rest of us to create laws and a government to control those that can't.

Some people are lazy by nature. They would just assume not work or do anything at all. This means jobs that need to be done, but that nobody wants to do, don't get done. That could mean big problems for society.

Again, Pai Mei, I applaud your vision. I share it. But I reserve it for paradise in the after life. I don't see how it could work on this Earth unless you had tightly knit utopian communities that were either in remarkable control of their own actions and emotions or followed strict rules (government in other words). And if we could somehow make such a community work, it wouldn't be long before less-enlightened people invaded our paradise.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
All countries around the world have ALWAYS been run by a few elitist families in control. They own the corporations which own the media companies. This has been true since time began. Even Rockefeller and his family are traced back to the European Royalty. (Source: Titans the biography of John D. Rockefeller) Whenever someone breaks into the power grid, they are usually bribed or destroyed.
It is sad that I know more about Britany Spears than any of the candidates running for president. It is interesting I get my news sources from "The Daily Show" which is a comedy program. I read all sources and decide for myself. You would be surprised how many younger people are doing the same. My younger brother (in his twenties) is a huge Ron Paul fan. Maybe there is hope after all.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes, I agree, there is hope.
I see more and more "normal" people open up to the possibility that we are all being deceived by our supposed leaders. Ideas of mine about conspiracies, new world order etc. which were laughed at about 5 to 10 years ago by most of the people I met, are now to my surprise more easily discussed with a greater variety of people.

There is a wider awakening going on already on earth, maybe it has something to do with moving to another dimension or 2012, I don't know, but there's definitely something changing.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There will always (unfortunately) be sheeple like Dr_Seuss who accept their part in the destruction of society out of fear-fear of what their lives will be like if they have to wake up from their cozy dream. What they don't realize is that it's not forever, they WILL wake up and find themselves living in a nightmare of manipulation and control. These are the same kind of thinkers that back in the day told Thomas Jefferson and John Hancock we should not even think of fighting the British. They didn't want to fight for freedom, or take the chance of losing some of their "stuff".
It's a selfish, very small way to think, and of course, if right now they didn't have a big TV or mindless toys for their children to play with, would be crying for someone to help THEM instead of trying to help themselves. You will find these cowards in every time period and country of the world. Wish him the best, and go on your way. Some sheeple refuse to walk away from the slaughterhouse doors because they feel "safe" in large numbers and they don't know what's on the other side. I guarantee they'll find out as soon as they step through, but it's too late by then isn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr_Suess

I dont think you understand Mr Suess...You think you have a good life, but you have no clue what a good life is. You are a product. You have been brainwashed and conditioned since birth to think you know what you want, but in reality it's what they (higher up elites or 'creators of our matrix') want you to think you want. Ok so you think your well fed, you're not really. Agriculture nowadays is a business and the quality of our food has plummeted over the last fifty or so years. Oh and you think you own your own house, but is it bought and paid for or are you really living in a huge debt trap...And if you truly love your job then bless you because 'decent jobs are few and far between. All of those fun things that you are after are just distractions to keep you from noticing what those high up elites are doing. The sad truth is no matter which way you slice it, the future is only going to get worse...So wake up and do something about it . I don't care how good you think you have it, 1 million people homeless in the next year!? You cant just live comfortably through a depression thats whats in your future...So you can go ahead and continue to sleep if you want to, but you wont be living your good life for long, because when the # hits the fan no one will be safe...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
excellent post my friend - its all about bread and circuses, flagged and starred.

edit:-
just found this thought it best to add here

-=propaganda=-

[edit on 3-6-2008 by survivor]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

" try a media-diet for at least one month (no television, no newspapers etc.) "

how about 3 years?

I've only recently turned on the teevee on a regular basis.

It was off, when I got home from work, I went to the net and surfed, I did see some newz on the homepage, but not much.

There WAS and STILL IS nothing worth watching...for the most part.

The WHORES can rave about the technology, [ HD , flat panel, etc ] but the shows are just so lame, and so is the newz.

I kept it off for a long time because I knew they were lying, and I needed a break.

I filled in my time doing research on the net and reading books, trying to put the pieces together.

Now, after a long break, and a new perspective, I watch the newz to see what lies they are trying to sell to the public...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Dr Seuss:

Yeah, materially you may be comfortable now. What about spiritually?

It may be much harder to live outside of "the matrix", but at least you'll be free - or much closer to freedom. Freedom isn't cheap. It may cost your life.

So no, honestly you probably won't have the comfort, myabe numbness, and life you have now.
But, freedom or as close as a human can get to it, seems to me to be worth those sacrifices.

And, you may actualy enjoy your new life since it may be more mentally stimulating, and spiritually fufilling.

For example:
I went to a friend's cabin during December 2007. It's on a huge tract of land in Mississippi. At night as we were driving to the highway down his dirt driveway, I stopped my car & turned off the lights & he was already on the highway.

I was SHOCKED at the number of stars. I don't see how the ancient civilizations could see the main constellations becasue there are SO MANY STARS. It was such an experience. The whole woods was dark, thickly dark almost like you could touch it. It scared the crap out of me. I realized that this was at one time how mankind lived.

I think I would go crazy, a psychotic break of sorts if I lived in the woods like a native american. I want to do it. I've imagined about it and just imagining gives me chills. I think people should do that, try living for a month in the wilderness. You'd go through this whole shock period where the rawness and intensity of nature and the outdoors would blow your mind and firghten you. But then you'd get through it if you stuck with it and touch this deep part of you. You'd feel the huge vastness of the universe.

That's pretty much what I meant by my psycotic break. I'd go from a relatively "normal" american life, stuck in this tiny little numbing bubble, and suddenly it's all gone and I'm exposed to the vastness and scaryness of the universe all at once. Like walking out of a movie theater into the blinding sun - but 1000x more intense.

I haven't watched the news in probably 8 years. When I watch TV, I mostly watch cartoons (like the Venture bros). I think it's helped alot to avoid the news.

[edit on 6/4/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
While I agree with the situation at hand, I also feel that those that push these ideas act in much the same way as the government.

"Don't listen to those idiots, they are a bunch of anarchists, or don't listen to the government, they are trying to brainwash you."

It seems that regardless of which side you support, you receive the same bombardment of "brainwashing." It is so confusing to be able to pick sides since I feel that I am being targeted in much the same way, through fear or forcing the thought that the opposing side is evil. So I suppose in the end you may ask yourself, which side is telling me the truth? Also, why is it that these videos use the same tactics that the mass media uses? Repetition, flashing colors, etc. I understand that they want to attract the people and keep them tuned for as long as possible, but it feels just like brainwashing.

That is all.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
To quote the movie, I rather have the steak then the truth...

Especially with psi and the freaking weird blurs I have before some does something or says something.

Why you ask?

Because it's easier to explain to other 'steak lovers' and figure out that why...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr_Suess

Funny, how the Mind works. Always in constant battle with the surrounding environment, striving for comfort and pleasure. Ever wonder why a dysfunctional Mind is never satisfied? For example, an incredibly wealthy person suddenly finds out that money doesn't buy everything, is his Mind at peace?

The Mind is a cup (a very big one), your consciousness drinks whatever is in that cup. The cup is full of water, water is pure and gives life. What if the cup is filled with poison? The point is, why is your cup filled with anything?

The Mind limits, alters and influences our perceptions. It being a cup, filling it with something only gives way for its existence. It detracts us from our ever present awareness. The Mind is a tool, as with anything, use it sparingly.

Please, empty your cup.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that leadership and government is needed on earth, but the problem arises from the government as they no longer listen to the voice of the people, they have manipulated us into being cowards the all seeing eye is in us all, and that’s the game they have got us analysing each other scrutinizing every detail of the beholder, when you see another you look at what there wearing, what car they are driving, how there talking are they rich poor, many judgments are made on just seeing someone whom 9.99 times out of ten are just friendly people of your community, next point.

For instance im a asthmatic and get healthcare for free in the uk but have noticed that and in the last 5 years, the doctors are reluctant to give me more than 1 inhaler at a time or they will to prescribe me with cheaper new branded inhalers made god knows where, im never invited for check ups anymore several years ago the surgery’s and doctors made me feel like I was being looked after now, the incentive to budget has hit the nhs big, this really P's me off, it just makes it so obvious are present leaderships are more interested in killing then saving

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
NOT impartial. Personal, reactionary remarks retracted.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by djerwulfe]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Not impartial. Too personal

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by madhatter3113

I love the world. I respect and embrace Life. I am perfectly at home wherever I am, but I prefer solitude or the company of like-minded people. I have lived frugally and comfortably in what society would call poverty. I don't right now, but that wasn't by design. It's just a product of the particular work I've been doing and it doesn't make me feel special or sheltered.
These last few posts on this topic make me sick. You will change or die.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
try playing word assosiation with some words and u will soon be spitting out things you hear on tv without even realising it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join