It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Mind Control and Brainwashing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We are truly living in a real life Matrix, where the world around us and what we disseminate as reality is shaped by Elitist puppeteers and their gov puppets who's sole goal is to keep us in monetary slavery and servitude, as they line their pockets endlessly with our blood, sweat, tears and LIVES. Look around you---Almost EVERYONE is ASLEEP, and oblivious to how blatantly they are being manipulated...

I am going on a full offensive to awaken everyone I can to this fact and try to unplug them from the brainwashing and dumbing down these monsters are waging against the sleeping populace. I hope that you will all do the same, join me and share this info with everyone you know. Our very futures and lives depend upon it IMO.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Timothy Leary - How to Operate Your Brain

What more can be done to wake up the sleeping giant?

Can David defeat this modern day Goliath?

Are videos enough?

Question authority!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Inertia is a b*tch!

Many sleepers will roll over this thinking "how interesting", then move on to discuss some thread that doesn't challenge the foundation of their assertions.

Flagged/Starred!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What do you have to offer that is so much better than how things are now? The way i see it, is that the matrix is very comfortable. I am well fed, own my own house, have a decent job and even own a few guns. My kids have all sort of junk to keep themselves amused. I would rather be a slave and live in comfort than to be free and suffer. Show me how you way is going to be better. How will the quality of my life improve by listening to you? Will my wages i make go up? Will i be able to buy more fun things, like a bigger tv or a boat under you new system? How about more paid vacation time? If you can't provide me with these things then your idea of a better life is not what i want.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr_Suess

LOL! Are you serious?

Because you and yours "got yours", you're content with this?

Let me tell you something--Just because you're doing okay and happy in your little bubble right now, doesn't mean YOU shouldn't be concerned about this. Why? Because very few are sitting where YOUR at right now, and people are out here struggling just to survive---LOTS OF THEM...And it's only getting worse. Over a million more folks are going to be HOMELESS in the coming year, due in high part to this type of media manipulation that convinced them to buy during a bubble market. People are losing jobs in record numbers, but we get a rosey colored forecast from these gov mouthpieces.

Now, while you're sitting there comfy and telling us how "ignorance is bliss" because it isn't effecting you, let me ask you one question:

What exactly do you think is going to happen when several million people become homeless and jobless and starving in a short time span? Do you have any idea what is going to happen here? Do you think you are going to remain in your bubble world of security and not be effected when the world around you is living in strife. If you do, then you are in for the biggest suprise of all my friend.

But keep enjoying your corpomedia, rose-colored glasses reality...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The me mentality is strong these days. How can anyone see beyond the life of illusions when the illusions offer so very much? When the short term is held so close to the consciousness, the big picture is hard to see. The Yes-man and woman are perfectly fine in their drab positions.

The bully pulpit looms over every single living room, casting shiny little spells. Like birds building nests, people pluck them shiny little baubles up and build their world out of it. Build it up like a house of cards. Alcohol in the blood and the Bokanovsky process is not needed. It's alright little sheep 2+2=5. Come to the slaughter, you can bring your status symbols along.

Grasp the material close, it'll keep you down like an anchor. Bernard has gone mad, the savages have stolen his mind. It's okay though, we'll show you what to do. Here have your Prozac, and those unwieldy kids. Give them Adderall, that will dampen their wild spirits. Get in line one and all, all ye rubes get in line. The green backs go here, you go there.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Starred and flagged. I have been off the grid for a while now. I raised my kids to never be on the grid. They attended public schools but most of their education was through travel, life experience, debate around the dinner table. None of them watches television and each rebels against the system in their own way.

I don't use credit cards, borrow money of any kind. I grow my own food, and am looking for remote property so I can generate my own power and hopefully be 100% self sufficient.

I used to be one of the drones and I would not go back to that comfortable numbness for anything. I think my emotional and psychic make up have allowed the experiences of truth and enlightenment to enter my life.

Let's face it..most of the world will always do what they are told and finally enter into the camps for either martial law, some plaque, or simply because there local anchorman tells them to...as long as there are plenty of big T.V's to go around. I'ts the safe and easy thing to do.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I agree with you Witness,
I actually bought a nice big screen tv almost a year ago, and im still paying for it. But recently i realized that I think much clearly and more about issues such as these when im not watching TV. I dont have any kids yet, but i will teach them to be aware of these possible problems that can corrupt their minds. I wont force it onto them, because what if we are possibly wrong about these and we are all just a little paranoid. Theres always the possibilities and always the coincedences.

I for one also grow my own food and have recently been studying on micro-hydro power to power my house, but the power generated by this is nothing compared to what we have, and i would have to sacrifice what i have now, such as this computer. It will be hard to do this i believe.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You still have not provided any answers to my questions. How will my life improve under your new order? Why would I want change that makes my life worse? I like the fact you dismiss my questions with laughter and an indignant attitude. As if you have some imaginary moral high ground in this discussion. This leads me to believe you are no better than the people whom you say are bad. So now we see that you are just as intolerant of answering questions about your new order as the current order. Guess that makes you like them. Given your own arguments, now why should I trust you?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I want to live in a world with no money, no taxes, no government. Can I ?
All things produced locally, and to try to have as little impact on nature as possible. That means for example that if we poison our air to have electricity, we do not do it.
Trade is good, science is good, using them the way there are used today is not.
I could write an entire book about this, how will I explain in this post ?
When money appears people want more of them, so they destroy nature to have stuff to sell. Others will buy that stuff even if it's not essential to them, and from here on we are on the path to total destruction, Not only that of nature, but of us ourselves as people, we will transform into "locust people" or "consumers"
www.orionmagazine.org...

Machines can save labor, but only if they go idle when we possess enough of what they can produce. In other words, the machinery offers us an opportunity to work less, an opportunity that as a society we have chosen not to take. Instead, we have allowed the owners of those machines to define their purpose: not reduction of labor, but “higher productivity”—and with it the imperative to consume virtually everything that the machinery can possibly produce.

Also see this :
www.storyofstuff.com...

We will then reach the limits of this finite planet and hope "science" will save us. No it will not as long as we are "locust people", it doesn't matter what we invent. And the mass media keeps telling us that this is the way to be. They can criticize anything but they will not touch the background of it all

[edit on 3-6-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The really suspicious side of me often wonders whether it's the seemingly harmless trinkets and conveniences we buy that are the most harmful...we all know about fluoride in drinking water and toothpast being used to make us placid and conformist, but what about....

and I'm letting my paranoia rip here....

if government, or whoever, wanted to provoke a particular behaviour in many people, wouldn't it be easy if it was all dressed up as something like air freshener or instant hot chocolate? Sweet and desirable and more-ish, and something that we couldn't possibly see as a threat. I hate those artificial plug in air fresheners...who knows what's in them and fillling our homes! And they're a fire hazard too, aparently.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anybody who doesn't believe in media manipulation as a powerful tool to enslave the people from the west mus do themselves and the world a huge favour: try a media-diet for at least one month (no television, no newspapers etc.) and monitor youself and your family. And monitor your friends closely who are not on the diet.

I'd give you a star and a flag after I figure out how!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A media diet is a great idea, and I've managed it for a day or so...not much use! But I tell you what I do notice when the tv is off and I'm in my own space...time seems to stretch, expecially if there is no music on either. It's wonderful! TV is organised into such small time chunks, and it's always running you forward to the next thing and the next thing, whether you want to be sat there or not. Switch it all off, open the windows and listen to the birdsong. Of if you live in a city, keep the windows closed and put a birdsong cd on, I guess!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Shocking and sad statistics.

I am going to add some links as well. There are probably a lot of noobs and lurkers who frequent Dimensional Detective's always eye-opening threads who just have no idea how broadbase the manipulation is. It's time to wake up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How Television Works

Segmented into five informative and entertaining sections, 'How Television Works' is a must see for anyone curious about who controls television, why producers alter their programming to appease corporate sponsors, and what detrimental affects television has on human brain chemistry, attention span and behaviour.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well my friend, I truly hope your and your family's comfort level remains constant. For your sake I do. As for me, who WAS comfortable for quite a while, I am finally feeling the pinch. I thought it wouldn't ever happen.

Then again, I have also been awakened to this sad truth for quite a while. So, I say to you, remain in your bubble. Enjoy your comforts. Lead your children into slavery and hardships and leave this world in the end with a content heart knowing you did nothing to help this world.

You see, by allowing this process to continue you are helping to speed up the destruction of this civilization. Don't take this as 'you' yourself doing it all by 'yourself'. I am refering to you and people like you. How many foreclosures were there in the 30's, 40's, 50's? And so on? What percentage of the population was homeless not because they choose to be but because they were forced to be that way? Same time frame.

How many people were so dependent on credit back then? Now? How many people were in debt over their heads back then? Now?

I'll tell you this much, if you do the research I am thoroughly convinced that you will see a disturbing trend.

So continue to say that this does not affect you because you are comfy in your comfy little chair in front of your comfy TV eating your comfy food. Now research the downfall of virtually every great civilization. Look at Rome in particular. And then look at how this country is going. What happens when Rome falls my friend? Do you really think that your comfy little home will protect and shelter you and yours?

So stay ignorant of the severity of this problem. When you and yours are stuck in the middle of a revolutionary war of some type I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully your few guns will keep you and yours safe. Unfortunately I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

those are all things that dont meen anything and are used as babalyon rutiuals that have been passed down by generations, be free is more then being live by pay check to pay check and if your free vacation is 24/7

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Right now what I see on CNN : the "evil" president Mugabe "had the courage" to show up in Italy at the UN food crisis meeting. They news people kept saying : in his country people are facing starvation, all because of him. I agree he is a dictator but it looks like they try to replace him with another, one more friendly for business

About the food crisis they forgot to mention things like this :
www.countercurrents.org...

In 1999 the government of Malawi initiated a program to give each smallholder family a starter pack of free fertilizers and seeds. The result was a national surplus of corn. What came after is a story that should be enshrined as a classic case study of one of the greatest blunders of neoliberal economics. The World Bank and other aid donors forced the scaling down and eventual scrapping of the program, arguing that the subsidy distorted trade. Without the free packs, output plummeted. In the meantime, the IMF insisted that the government sell off a large portion of its grain reserves to enable the food reserve agency to settle its commercial debts. The government complied. When the food crisis turned into a famine in 2001-02, there were hardly any reserves left. About 1,500 people perished. The IMF was unrepentant; in fact, it suspended its disbursements on an adjustment program on the grounds that “the parastatal sector will continue to pose risks to the successful implementation of the 2002/03 budget. Government interventions in the food and other agricultural markets… [are] crowding out more productive spending.”

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm working on this transition myself. I have traveled much and seen many things. Now I want to find a way to be away for a good time and not depend on 'the system' as some call it. But depend on my own hard work.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Balance, I believe is the key. If I watch TV, it is the discovery channel, National Geographic, or any other educational show. When I watch these shows I am conscious of disinformation that may find it's way there.

There are others ways to balance things out. Why not create a happy medium with old wisdom and new ways?

I seek to make life an art, by living outside of the norm and having fun while doing it. Fun is an effective lubricant to life's abrasiveness. I'd love to live off the grid, and have actually. It was a hard life with little comforts.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I need to link up and ask you folks to at least view one or two of the videos from the following thread:

U.S. Government's Use Of The Media To Disseminate Disinformation

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is one of the most bone-chilling things I have ever seen. These people are flat out evil, and they are controlling and manipulating us and the information we recieve to an OBSCENE degree. They are behind the reason we cannot break the cycle of war and destruction and suffering...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join