It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Bush done wrong?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I think you all are missing a very critical point here....Economies work in cycles! just like everything else in this world, the local economy, national economy, even world economy follows a cycle! The president/congress/policy makers only slow/or speed up the cycle with their actions like raising/lowering interests rates.

BTW, this is not my opinion, but the ones of my mother who attended wartons (spl?) buisness school, and her coworkers at morgan stanly, so please, don't ask me for links as I have none - her word and expert opinion are good enough for me.

I agree but some president's are clearly better at "speeding" it up and some are more likley to "slow" it down...

BTW, you always have to agree with the mother, or else

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
he caught Saddam Hussein, put the Taliban terrorists out of power. Freed Afghanistan from their control. Took a dictator out of power - one who terrorized, tortured, raped, and killed

webdevil i dont consider these things to be very valid considering america was the one who put both of these groups in power to start with. as far as i am concerned we are fixing our mistakes

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I think you all are missing a very critical point here....Economies work in cycles! just like everything else in this world, the local economy, national economy, even world economy follows a cycle! The president/congress/policy makers only slow/or speed up the cycle with their actions like raising/lowering interests rates.

BTW, this is not my opinion, but the ones of my mother who attended wartons (spl?) buisness school, and her coworkers at morgan stanly, so please, don't ask me for links as I have none - her word and expert opinion are good enough for me.

I'm in business, and this is pretty much correct. Yes, policy makerrs can speed or slow the business cycle, but if you look at the history of any economy, they always follow a "recession-expansion" curve. Occassionally, there is a prolonged recession (Great Depression) or a prolonged expansion (90's Dot-Com boom), but they alwyas eventually rise or dip.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Name a Clinton policy that ruined the market? It was caused by natural events that go on in the marketplace, not politics.

Well Bush DID inherit the Clinton economy, which was one of overtaxing and embarrasingly high budget surpluses, which in my opinion were illegal. Bush lowering taxes or refunding taxes, were a justified 'correction' IMO, ..

The Clinton Bubble Economy was collapsing anyway, and 911 just exacerbated it greatly.

Nothin' left but to rebuild.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think the Bush's economic policies are not working. He is using trickle down economics which just doesn't work.

Even Greenspan has problems with Bush!

Read this article...

216.239.37.104...:3cJ_HL-FnHUJ:www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ca16_lofgren/pr_030502_economy.html+bush+economic+policies+hurting&hl= en&ie=UTF-8

This one is even more frightning...

US 'endangering World Economy'

www.buzzle.com...

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by energy_wave]

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by energy_wave]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Let's see... Stealing the election; NCLB; destroyed any work Clinton achieved on the deficit; completely halted medical research on Spinal Cord research; behind Enron scandal which cost many American's their 401k's value; destroyed the Kyto treaty; lied about Iraq WMD; N. Korea???
The man is nothing but an incompetant puppet PERIOD
And I haven't even mentioned the damage to basic rights that his hard core conservative cronies have wrecked.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Um, Hahahahaha, haha.....HA! What has Bush done wrong? Well, corruption. He gets in power and guess what? In Louisiana, Alaska, and in Arizona(or was it New Mexico?) his buddies from the oil companies are allowed to destroy the wildlife. Enron was mentioned, nuff said with that.

NCLB, he tells the states to pay for a federal law. Sorry, it doesn't work like that. Of course, reason he tells states to pay for a federal law is because the feds have no money left because Bush spent it all and then some on two wars that were either illegal or done for a personal reason. THINK ABOUT IT! He used a .5 million dollar missle to blow up a 12$ tent! People say the terrorist attack caused the economy to go bad, but wasn't there one at the beggining of Clinton's era? In fact, it was the same building that was attacked! Yet our economy didn't go to hell.

Tax cuts? Um, if you have no money, you don't ask for less money, you ask for more. Bush did the opposite of every other president. Most either cut taxes and cut spending or they raise taxes and raise spending. Bush cut taxes for the rich and raised spending. One or the other people not both. You do both, you have what we have now, a dieing economy. People say Clinton rode the Bush Sr. economy? For 8 years? Sorry, Clinton had to have done something to make the economy keep going good.

Also, Bush decided he would lie to America and say Iraq had WMD's. CIA said they didn't, evidence pointed towards Saddam actually destroying the WMD's as ordered. Yet Bush just had to send our troops over to bomb another 3rd world country. Sorry, it was for oil and the fact "daddy" couldn't do it.

Then with Afganastan, yes Osama was there, and the Taliban were in power, but who put them there? Not Clinton! A republican did. So can't blame the democrats for that.

Then Bush tried again and again to get a blatant racist judge in but the dems and most Reps stopped him. So on presidents day, he used a loophole and got the judge in. The same judge who took American terrorists, the KKK and said it was ok to burn crosses on blacks yards and vandalise the homes and property of black citizens by taking a fair judgement of 7 years and making it probation.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't see anything he has done wrong. He got the oil lets give him a big hand.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
list of things he did wrong:
1) NOT take over the world with the U.S's huge arsenal of nukes.
2) NOT torture the afghans and iraqis.
3) believe in christianity, a false religion and a huge cult
4) ruined our enviroment
5) give tax breaks to big companies
6) favor special interest
and my favority.....
7) he was born

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tweeker
Took a dictator out of power - one who terrorized, tortured, raped, and killed

and he acheived this while his troops killed civilians, tortured suspects and raped the female contingency of the US forces.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his hatred is mainly directed at us," Bush said at a political fundraiser in Houston, Texas. "After all this is the guy who tried to kill my dad."

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtsquad

I just thought that line was very funny, It's almost a double negative. What's a puppet have to be competent of??

Originally posted by bolshevik

and he acheived this while his troops killed civilians, tortured suspects and raped the female contingency of the US forces.

Yes let us blame the man for all of this. He is just one man and he can only do a certian amount. That is funny that you credited him witht the rape. If anyone it chould be the Dueche o f all the Dueches Bremer that you all should be mad at.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
And lets not metion Clintons weak grip on Osama when offered up by sudan!

For the last GODDAMN TIME!!! OSAMA IS CIA!!! He's a CIA CREATION!!! Just do some research on Daddy Bush and the Bin Ladden Family. You'll be surprised by what you'll find.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I don't see anything he has done wrong. He got the oil lets give him a big hand.

So where's all the oil? Gas prices have gone no where but up, it's 1.92 a gallon over here. i hear rumours we're going to be paying $3 a gallon in the summertime

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
list of things he did wrong:
1) NOT take over the world with the U.S's huge arsenal of nukes.
2) NOT torture the afghans and iraqis.
3) believe in christianity, a false religion and a huge cult
4) ruined our enviroment
5) give tax breaks to big companies
6) favor special interest
and my favority.....
7) he was born

comon' he only says he's christian to please the public.
he's really a pagan, didn't he stand outside on easter
and face the sun rising early in the morning.
that is supposedly some pagan ritual to do on easter
morning.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Three dollars a gallon?

jeez, I'm gettin a bike...or a job.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Three dollars a gallon?

It wont happen gas prices will go down in a week or two... OPEC leaders just needed to send some family members to collage.

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040305/bs_afp/mideast_economy_weekly_040305123829

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Three dollars a gallon?

Im just screwing off my licensce plates and driving 5 towns away and stealing # loads of gas and then never going to the town again.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow
OPEC leaders just needed to send some family members to collage.

LMAO!!! Too Funny.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow

Originally posted by mtsquad

I just thought that line was very funny, It's almost a double negative. What's a puppet have to be competent of??

Originally posted by bolshevik

Yes let us blame the man for all of this. He is just one man and he can only do a certian amount. That is funny that you credited him witht the rape. If anyone it chould be the Dueche o f all the Dueches Bremer that you all should be mad at.

my point wasnt that it was bush's fault, but that the west's self-righteousness about saddam hussein's atrocities is mispaced and hypocritical. what is currently in place of saddam isnt necessarily a improvement - morally speaking.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join