It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Bush done wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know this is a touchy subject as there are many Republicans on this board and sometimes you lose friends discussing politics but considering the state of our nation I think it is time to discuss the real issues.

It's The Economy Stupid!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The President has less control over the economy than pundits lead you to believe. While Bush probably hasn't helped matters, we were headed into a recession before he took office.

Another thing they don't tell you- a recession is not a reducing economy. The economy is still growing, just not as fast as it used to be, hence unemployment.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
For starters

1. Bomb Afghan people, under the excuse of getting terrorist living there.
2. Bomb Iraq under the excuse that there is weapons of mass destruction, which they haven't found yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
energy_wave,
Bush is providing all the ingredients for an Economic boom. Price inflation is sloooow, interest rates are way down and taxes have been slashed. The recession we just experienced was minute in comparison to historical standards.

He increased government spending by 20% over what Clinton thought was appropriate for the country. That's what he did wrong.

If you think about it though, it's all congress' fault for passing the damn requests.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
people love to blame the man in office when it is actually things that have been done before his term even started that effects how the economy is doing. For example after Bush #1 was gone the economy was starting its way up and CLinton took office it was his great ride to his next term and on his way out his stupid policies led this country to the # as we are now. Not to mention 9/11 was his fault for his weak grip on foreign affairs...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm gonna put my own opion on the side and ask what has he done right?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow
people love to blame the man in office when it is actually things that have been done before his term even started that effects how the economy is doing. For example after Bush #1 was gone the economy was starting its way up and CLinton took office it was his great ride to his next term and on his way out his stupid policies led this country to the # as we are now. Not to mention 9/11 was his fault for his weak grip on foreign affairs...

Name a Clinton policy that ruined the market? It was caused by natural events that go on in the marketplace, not politics. How 'bout when people realized that web sites did not actually constitue technology and investors realised there really was only a minimal path to expansion? Over-priced stocks caused the economy to crumble.

You're right about one thing though. Clinton did ride the economic growth like it was his, the people fall for stupid # like this. At least Clinton's budget was 20% less than Bush's. This is the wrong time to be spending out the ass with the baby boomers set for early retirement in less than four years.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tweeker
I'm gonna put my own opion on the side and ask what has he done right?

Cut the percentage of every dollar taxed from the citizen.
Engouraged free trade (although reluctantly)
Got a dictator out of control (although in this case the costs outweigh the benefits)

Good question tweeker. It's a toughy.
BTW, I could go for some tweek right now.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
he signed the Family and Medical Leave Act which hurts us even to this day. That's just one because that's all you asked for...

the reason it is so bad is because of the force it put on business's around the nation which will always hurt the nation...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
good points insite, but still the man worries me. he DEFINATELY is not as dumb as people think he is. i just wish more was done at home rather than abroad. and i wish someone would really address the problems of us companies packing up shop and moving overseas for cheaper labor.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I understand you people who say the economy is going down the tank and I am pretty sure the majority of you watch CNN or read NY Times and soak up the anit-Bush propaganda very well but there are other sources, reliable, that are out there...

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040302/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy_10

The economy is in recovery, a trio of reports released Monday suggest, with manufacturing activity and consumer spending on the rise and construction spending solid yet slightly lower.

Bush will turn this country around and lead it away from the horrible ideas Kerry has in store, if there is a god.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Try to keep people from having basic human rights like marriage.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Not to mention 9/11 was his fault for his weak grip on foreign affairs...

Versus Bush's foriegn policy: #'em.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What would you rather our foriegn policy be?

Peace or war?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles

Not to mention 9/11 was his fault for his weak grip on foreign affairs...

Versus Bush's foriegn policy: #'em.

And lets not metion Clintons weak grip on Osama when offered up by sudan!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
And lets not metion Clintons weak grip on Osama when offered up by sudan!

Please don't start the Osama/Clinton Osama/Bush BS. The CIA had him, you know it. We put too much pressure on the presidents, it's the agencies that do the #ing up.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A terrorist attack happens every few years,has been that way for a while lately. When the attacks happened during the previous administration they built a country(USA) in the meantime.
When a terrorist attack happened during this administration they invaded the wrong country,then went to another country(of course wrong again) still looking for the real killer,like O.J. isnt what i consider the right move.
A very expensive lesson in the miseducation of G.W.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
When a terrorist attack happened during this administration they invaded the wrong country,then went to another country(of course wrong again) still looking for the real killer,like O.J. isnt what i consider the right move.
A very expensive lesson in the miseducation of G.W.

and this wrong country would be??.....
I'm not seeing what you got at...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Conspiracy aside, he caught Saddam Hussein, put the Taliban terrorists out of power. Freed Afghanistan from their control. Took a dictator out of power - one who terrorized, tortured, raped, and killed without a second thought. That is what he has done right. Don't try the conspiracy thing either (Oh! Saddam had been in our custody for years! or 9/11 was planned!)

EDIT: Mr. Jingles - Foreign Policy: Peace or War?

At times, peace. However, when worst comes to worst, ousting an injust dictator is the right move, whether it be through peace (which wasn't going to work) or war (which worked) At times, war is not wrong. At others, it is.

-wD

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think you all are missing a very critical point here....Economies work in cycles! just like everything else in this world, the local economy, national economy, even world economy follows a cycle! The president/congress/policy makers only slow/or speed up the cycle with their actions like raising/lowering interests rates.

BTW, this is not my opinion, but the ones of my mother who attended wartons (spl?) buisness school, and her coworkers at morgan stanly, so please, don't ask me for links as I have none - her word and expert opinion are good enough for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join