It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to win nuclear war- Chinese style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sun Tzu and thousands of years of war have not gone to waste.. Chinese believe that practice makes perfect.

Talk about preview of the apocalypse!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Geez! Can we send those folks some real control panels that are not going to short out? I really hope that is some ancient footage, because if its not we need to give technical support enough so they don't end up having an accident. I wouldn't use those controls on my tractor......

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Would have been funny to see those horsemen shot by a eurofighter

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The guy shooting from horseback is quite impressive. How about 4-5 apache helicopters coming over the hill to meet them.. I doubt the masks are going to do the trick.. I even doubt the guys charging are actually charging a nuclear blast..But it does demonstrate the type of soldiers in Chinese Army..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
The guy shooting from horseback is quite impressive. How about 4-5 apache helicopters coming over the hill to meet them.. I doubt the masks are going to do the trick.. I even doubt the guys charging are actually charging a nuclear blast..But it does demonstrate the type of soldiers in Chinese Army..

Anyone who believes that China's military should be judged on footage that is at least 40-50 years old from the Mao-era is mistaken, just as those who believe the Chinese military fight with bamboo sticks.

The Chinese military is modernised, and continues to modernise, reshaped, re-configured, and a military that people mock and deride at their peril, should they choose to use old pre-conceptions to underestimate their abilities.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Reg,
You are exactly right! I am only commenting on soldiers heart and desire. It is still likely propaganda. I do believe they are involved in asymmetric warfare economically speaking, with hackers, ect now. Look at the antisatellite test recently..if the right circumstances took place they would consider attacking the US.

BP

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Reg,
You are exactly right! I am only commenting on soldiers heart and desire. It is still likely propaganda.

The video is likely propaganda, I don't think men on horseback or with rifles would charge towards a nuclear blast, after all.

I do believe they are involved in asymmetric warfare economically speaking, with hackers, ect now. Look at the antisatellite test recently..if the right circumstances took place they would consider attacking the US.

BP

You could apply that to pretty much every nation with hackers and a modern military, yes, including the US.

Russia has been accused of hacking Estonia's computer networks not so long ago....

China would not attack the US in a conventional military sense of invasion, they don't possess that ability yet, and there would have to be a good reason why they would want to anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thats funny.....the day china decides to attack on us soil with convential weapons would go down in history as the worst one sided fight.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Thats funny.....the day china decides to attack on us soil with convential weapons would go down in history as the worst one sided fight.

China could launch missiles at the US but not launch a large-scale and serious invasion as it stands.

In the future, I would not like to judge who would be the winner in a war, because the amount of damage both countries could do to each other is frightening and would most likely make any 'victory' for the side seen to have won very phyrric indeed.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The video is a cut from the movie Trinity and Beyond, a compilation of declassified nuke test footage. I highly recommend it, I have it on DVD.

This sequence is cut from propaganda films released by the Chinese after their test.

China is not really a serious nuclear threat, first-strike wise.
They just don't have that many missiles.

They have a small deterrent force of ICBM's, but as a nuclear power they are more comparable to France and the UK than to the US and Russia.

The film is from 1964 which is why things look clunky.

As far as guys on horseback attacking armor... didn't our own SOF guys do some of this this fighting with the Northern Alliance against the Taliban not too long ago?

[edit on 6/6/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I maintained computer systems of similar vintage in the 90s, which were used for targeting control on US ships. They are nothing to laugh at. They are real. They are reliable systems of war. And yes that film is old.

Militarys prefer known good, and reliable to the next best thing. The keep it around until it is well obsolete, and the replacements are old.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Sorry but behind the united states and russia,they have the third biggest nuclear force.I would hardly say 300 nuclear icmb's being detonated in airburst and strategic locations would be called a small deterrent.The united states would be a wasteland.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So did the west
the video that was shown obviously has many cut scenes here is one much older with fewer cut scenes

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join