It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who'd be the next...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
...president after Obama? Would more blacks run for the white house after seeing how Obama made it through? If so, would more blacks stay winning elections to even out which race had seat in the white house?

If Michael Jordan, the b-ball legend, was to run for white house, do you think he'd win?

Also, do you think a middle eastern person would ever win the white house some day?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
we will have to see if Obama even gets the Democrat nomination first,

then if BHO does get elected as President, will the celebration fade quickly as his globalist handlers make him do many unpopular things..
such as introducing the mandatory rationing of fuels & energy & many commodities...
after the first 100 days, disillusionment will be the trend...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe its about time we had another celebrity as president.

Well...a level headed one anyways....went great with Regan, and has been crap up until W. Bush.

Lets give it a shot, it's impossible to get any worse than what Obama will be.

But things have to get to their worst before they can ever get better.

Get ready for the worst 4 years of your natural life

but stick in there, because when it's all over, this country will be a better place.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
One thing I can answer definitively is that Michael Jordan would be lucky to win much more than the city of Chicago. He has absolutely no political experience whatsoever to my knowledge and certainly not on a national level.

If Obama wins, I think the question of its effect on the African American community all depends upon just how good (or bad) of a job he does. He could be a very good thing in that regard, but the risk is that if his presidency is a failure, it could be a huge setback as well.

As for a candidate of Middle Eastern descent, I think its certainly possible. It will just depend upon the candidate.

The real question, IMO, is when will we see a realistic Latino candidate for president? They're now the 2nd largest ethnic group in the United States, but they seem to have practically no political power at the national level.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
One thing I can answer definitively is that Michael Jordan would be lucky to win much more than the city of Chicago. He has absolutely no political experience whatsoever to my knowledge and certainly not on a national level.

You just described Obama in your attempt to describe Micheal Jordan.

If Obama can get as far as he did, why not a guy like Jordan who actually is a hero to millions of Americans?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

In fairness to Obama and unlike Jordan, he does have some national political experience. Unfortunately, its not much, and personally I consider him vastly underqualified for the position that he's seeking on that basis alone. I guess in that sense, you're correct. Both of them lack the requisite political experience on a national level to be president of the United States, at least as far as I'm concerned.

top topics

join