It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real American campaign: Never vote Liberal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikolat23

I love it when the conspiracy wierd-o's come into a political debate.

9/11 was not an inside job.

The words 'liberal' and 'respect' only go together in one sentance.

Liberals respect nobody but themselves.

Bar none.

To label yourself a liberal is to make everything i've been saying even more irrefutable.

But thanks for your attempt to join in on a decent conversation - but anyone who says "9/11" was an inside job has zero respect from me, and always --- always -- gets the "ignore" feature.

You're welcome -

Ybab

[edit on 2-6-2008 by ybab hsur]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

You are so lost in your own ideals. You think that because somebody may be wrong about something that he must be wrong or at least lack credibility in all his or her ideals.

By tossing aside something that a person says based on something that person has said about another topic not relating to the topic at hand is not denying ignorance. I am not saying that this guy is stating truth or anything but a wise person opens himself or herself up at least enough to review what others have to say.

You can keep ignoring me if you wish.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnOldFriend

i only whip out the ignore button when someone claims something so extreme that it only spits bush-hating.

saying 9/11 was an inside job is the greatest lie of our century, and if you were in any other country, you'd be shot for such treason.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It is not treasonous to question your leaders no matter how extreme you might think their ideals are.

From Dictionary.com

trea·son Audio Help /ˈtrizən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tree-zuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

That last one I think might through you in a whirl however it does not mean to lack trust it means to do something to betray the trust your nation should have in a citizen. Joining another military to fight your nation or cause harm or kill your leader(s) and so on would be treason not questioning them.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Liberal is as Liberal does.

Know this, if you take personal offense to any of the things i have to say about liberals, then you, yourself, cannot deny liberalism.

A person who is 1/8th cherokee..is...still..part....indian.

So. If you agree with somethings, most things, or anything, that liberal minded 'ideologists' have to say - then you, by definition - part liberal.

We've had some good rebuttals, but mostly pointless pandering, and slanerous name calling.

For those of you whom take offense, and claim not to be liberal...why?
I never said that i believe conservatives are the answer. in every post i've made, i compare liberalism to conservativism, because they are apples and oranges, and i have to have opposites in order to speak to you comparitively.

I never said conservatism is, or is not, the answer to problems. What i am saying is that liberalism is not the answer, never has been, and never will be.

Instead of bringing actual debate, you keep slandering.
If you think conservatism isnt the way -- why? Provide examples, provide insight. You're not "disproving me" you're proving your point.

disclaimer: any people posting that 9/11 was an inside job will nto be taken seriously, at all and will be immediately ignored and paid no attention.

There is already a forum located here where you can go and discuss your views.

They're not welcome here, because i consider them treason to liberals and conservatives alike.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AnOldFriend

thank you for further proving my point, old friend

it always helps to have friends on the other team.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Having trudged through the latter half of the thread and personally suffered through the first half I am going to have to welcome you, hsur ybab, to my ignore list. I just can't take the overblown ego and ill fitting arrogance. Maybe in a few months you will mature enough to listen and share in a conversation without ridiculing anyone who fails to toe your line.

Good day sir and good luck to the rest of you!

You have added ybab hsur to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread.

[edit on 6/2/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Ybab - 1
Stikkinikki - 0

You brought nothing to the table but your slanderous name calling and mindless pandering. You have maturing to do if you wish to debate, not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur
Liberals support this liberal church, thus, this church becomes indoctrinated into the liberal movement

Can't argue with facts, unless of course we're in 4th grade and arguing on the play ground

Actually what we can argue is your use of logic. The first sentence quoted above is an example of a missuse of a syllogism. Specifically your major is illicit.

Logically you are saying:

Church X is liberal

therefore

All liberals support Church X

When writen logically we can we that this is not true. In order for your syllogism to be valid logically it would have to read:

All liberals support Church X

therefore

Church X is a liberal church

But we know that is not true either.

So basically what I'm saying is your quoted statement can be neither true nor false as it is logically invalid.

I could attack most of what you have said this way, but it is both time consuming and tiresome.

Vas

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend

It is not treasonous to question your leaders no matter how extreme you might think their ideals are.

Agreed!

I am a diehard conservative and despise virtually every liberal position imaginable but to question our so-called leaders is not just our constitutional right but also our responsibility as good citizens of this great nation. That goes for both Liberals and Conservatives.

For the record George W. Bush is not a conservative!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

My german is obvioulsy much worse thans yours (and my god yours is horrible)

but i believe you say "welcome to my ignore list, friend" and then call me a word that describes a feminine hygiene bottle.

Bring on the slander, liberals. Bring on the slander. All your "name calling" does is further my mission, and embolden me to keep going.

I had lost interest in this topic until y ou decided to resort to typical liberal techniques of flamming and persecuting those that disagree with you.

Oh- and by the way, Sephiroth was a sissy. You kill him in one hit

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

For the record

I never said Bush is a conservative

for the record

Saying 9/11 was an inside job is treason, not questioning the govt

for the record

just because you claim not to be a liberal doesnt make it so. Your actions and radical beliefs make me curious as to your trustworthiness

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

No, what i am saying is this

Church X claims to be liberal and support liberal ideologies

Some Liberals openly support Church X

So natrually - Church X can be labeled Liberal.

If you're liberal and you denounce this church - good for you - kudos.
But obviously this guy isnt one of those liberals.

How can you support a group who protests dead soldiers by calling them homosexuals and saying that they're glad they're dead.

Dispicable.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

For the record

I never said Bush is a conservative

for the record

Saying 9/11 was an inside job is treason, not questioning the govt

for the record

just because you claim not to be a liberal doesnt make it so. Your actions and radical beliefs make me curious as to your trustworthiness

First of all I never accused you of claiming Bush to be a conservative. I was refuting another member.

Second, claiming 911 to be an inside job is not treason. It is an opinion and nothing else. If you disagree with those who think it is, the best way to counter their argument is to state what you believe based upon facts and empirical evidence and back it up with credible sources...something the 911 truth movement itself does not understand.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

My apologies Liquid, iv'e been on the defense for a while now...expected you to be another left wing whacko

I consider it to be treasonous because it completely criminalizes our govt. That embodies ALL government, liberals and dems and repubs alike.

I dont condone it because there has never, and will never be, a credible defense for it. I will never listen to ideals of it, because it is completely proposterous.

And the mere idea that the same people who claim its an inside job, are also the same people who say we're loosing our freedom of speech. But if the same people were anywhere else they'd be arrested for treason

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

My apologies Liquid, iv'e been on the defense for a while now...expected you to be another left wing whacko

I consider it to be treasonous because it completely criminalizes our govt. That embodies ALL government, liberals and dems and repubs alike.

I dont condone it because there has never, and will never be, a credible defense for it. I will never listen to ideals of it, because it is completely proposterous.

And the mere idea that the same people who claim its an inside job, are also the same people who say we're loosing our freedom of speech. But if the same people were anywhere else they'd be arrested for treason

You have to realize that the people themselves have not criminalized our government. The government has criminalized itself. And it's not just liberal democrats. Republicans themselves, despite being given the chance to govern, have done a lousy job over the past several years. The illegal immigration problem is a perfect case in point. Bush, McCain, and several other big Republicans have been pushing for amnesty even though the American people don't want it. Furthermore, how can we truly fight a war on terror when our borders are wide open for anybody to pass through at anytime without anyone’s knowledge?

Another thing, we are now so far in debt that we will never ever get out from under that burden. And guess who got us there...Republicans. The sad thing is that the left wing media for the past 8 years has been painting Bush and the Republican Party as conservative throughout this mess we are in and people, because they wouldn't know otherwise, believe every damn word of it. The reality of this current situation is that our executive branch is neither liberal nor is it conservative. They are criminal...point blank. But you better worry because the up coming liberal executive branch with its mandate mindset won't hold a candle to Bush and his henchmen.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I agree and respect y ou Liquid,

but Bush and McCain were against amnesty....i never once remember them talking about being for it (i remember that being a liberal stance however...)

and i still say that you can challange your govt, to an extent, but 9/11 conspiracies don't challange, they slander..

America-hating americans exploiting the freedom of speech that they so willfully exploit. Their hearts bleed for terrorists and tyrants, but they come running for the govt when we're under attack.

It's called hypocrisy. Its called ignorance.

Deny Ignorance a platform to stand on

Give 9/11 conspiracy theorists no clout to spread their filth

Ignore button every time.

edit: This country has always been in debt. ALWAYS. Its never "not been" in debt. Being in debt is not a bad thing as long as you pay on it.

is it a bad thing to have a mortage? Because a mortage is debt.

if you said 'america doesnt pay its debt" that'd be a different argument

and though that can be said for some citizens of america, its cannot be said in full truth from the US govt.

Dont let the "national debt" fool you or scare you.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

No!

Bush and McCain are both for amnesty.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join