It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry Silverstein - goes after Airliners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He wants wants more money...

found this article from Apr. 3 2008

onlinejournal.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Incredible, and i wouldn't be at all surprised if he wins.

He got 4.6 billion for the towers but now wants $12.3 billion (more than twice that) from the airline company in damages!

Bottom line, Larry could get a billion dollar bone thrown at him, a take-the-money and-shut-up bone. Or Larry could end up in cement shoes, for real or legally. After all, Larry knew, going into the lease purchase that the Towers were asbestos-laden bombs, the first 60 floors sprayed with the building material when built from 1968 to '72. And they were supposed to be taken down eventually, according to a 1971 New York Council ban on asbestos.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Insolubrious]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is a very interesting development. The linked article goes through some of the risks that Silverstein runs by pursuing this new claim. These are not trivial risks. I've been hoping for something like this for a long time.

Makes me wonder if there are fractures developing on the inside of the plot. My bet would be that Larry wanted some kind of financial guarantee from the perps against future contingencies and they turned him down, so he decided pile up the dirty laundry in a place where everyone could potentially see it.

If I put on my swami hat for a minute and pretend to be Carnac the Magnificent, I will predict that this suit is eventually dropped, either because Larry's friends have decided that his demands have to be met or because all the stress and strain of trying to metabolize some magic potion prove too much for Larry's ticker.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I posted this already at Siverstien

still sad
(

top topics

join