It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Republican-Democrat-Libertarian Pros and cons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have had 8 or so college roommates, half of them failed or dropped out due to circumstances circling thier pot addiction.

lol did you say "pot addiction" hahahaha

If they dropped out simply because they smoked pot..then they were probably way too stupid to be in college anyway...Only a moron cant funtion when smoking pot....

A moron is a moron whether they smoke pot or not,If they cant handle smoking pot and finishing school then they should be allowed to smoke pot and not goto school..so be it,let them fail!!! To blame pot for the stupidness of people is a joke!The people are naturally stupid and I say let the survival of the fittest take its natural coarse..If a moron gets addicted to heroin and cant shake the habbit then let that person die alone with his beloved heroin!!

If they choose to ruin there own life so be it!! You dont mind sending people to prison for drugs...so its obvious you dont really give a damn about the indiviuals anyway..so let them die alone with thier drugs...It will save the american tax payers billions and that money can be put into scholarships or other forms of actual help.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Seriously, pot does make you stupid. You forget simple stuff and giggle like an idiot which I find very annoying

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If a moron gets addicted to heroin and cant shake the habbit then let that person die alone with his beloved heroin!!

As much as I hate to agree with McGotti I do....LOL

Recently I have had two people I grew up with die, one drank himself to death and the other died from a heartattack from a Meth overdose.

Which one was deader? the one from the legal drug or the one from the illegal one? Both were a waste of human life and would have been with or without drugs or booze. The drugs did not destroy their lives, they did.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Seriously, pot does make you stupid. You forget simple stuff and giggle like an idiot which I find very annoying

Dude the only people who act like that are 14 year old kids or somebody else that is a newbie when it comes to pot.....

trust me...I dont giggle at #

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think the job exportations thing is a bit overblown. I was reading Forbes and it states that we are importing jobs 2 to 3 times as fast as we are exporting them. We are simply exporting the unskilled jobs for more skilled jobs. We are upgrading the labor force in our economy. We are not going through a recession so much as a transition, our economy is best in the world and is really begining to exchange its unskilled jobs for more skilled jobs. The bad side-effect of this is the loss of jobs for the unskilled and the fact that they pretty much get left behind. However, this is also overblown. Our country has sustained a low unemployment rate longer than any other industrialized country. As for legalizing marijuana and prostitution, I feel that is more of a moral question then an economic one.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

We are simply exporting the unskilled jobs for more skilled jobs. We are upgrading the labor force in our economy.

You have somewhat of a point here but without an increase in education in the country millions will be left behind. And I dont mean a handfull of scholiarships for the lower classes to fight over but a real chance for all that can progress to try. Some people will never make it no matter what.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hmm, I don't think as many children fall through the gaps as your thinking. However, I do concede that if America as a people isn't well educated, we will never be able to compete either on a national or international level. Education is of the utmost importance (Also good for indoctrinating the youth:lol

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
if they're exporting all the unskilled jobs, what will all the unskilled americans (aka the currently poor) do? unless you're going to pour money into education and job training for those unskilled, you're just going to make the problem worse.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yes, we can not all be big shots and successful.

Hell, MOST people are designed to be average their whole lives. We can not have a country with a social system shaped like an egg up on it's end.

It would look like this.

Upper class- few
Middle Class-many
Lower class-few

It would collapse. Our system has always been one like a pyramid, as it shall stay.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am not saying that they can I am just saying EVERYONE should have the chance.

I would like to hear why we should keep either of the big two.

Come on reps and dems, why should we keep the morons that got us into this mess and are too busy trying to blame each other to get us back out, rather than to vote in some REALLY new blood.

I cant wait to hear.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What other choice do we have. This has become a lesser of two evils choice.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Hell, MOST people are designed to be average their whole lives. We can not have a country with a social system shaped like an egg up on it's end.

i'm not talking about becoming big shots or even successful, most people might be designed to be average but theres a ton of people out there who would be lucky to be average, who strive for middle-lower class and probably won't ever get there.

if we're going to ship off our unskilled jobs what do we do with all the unskilled people? i mean really, welfare is not the answer and according to the pyramid theory, the bottom classes will keep getting bigger while the top get richer and more and more money is consolidated into fewer and fewer hands. this translates into the massive corruption that's ruining this country now, imho of course.

we need some real change and in a big way and it's not going to come from the two puppet parties we currenty have to choose from.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The lower class is getting bigger by the sheer volume increase in population alone.

ALL people have a chance to be big successes. It takes talent, skill, and dedication.

Those who say all do not have an equal chance, are probably those who do not have any of the essentials to be a success.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is the point of the thread is that we have MORE than the big two its just that they use the media to make it appear that we dont. I speak about the Libertarians because I believe in them but there are several other fairly large parties out there. Until we quit playing by the big twos rules and handing them the game on a silver platter EVERY year NOTHING will change.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
This is the point of the thread is that we have MORE than the big two its just that they use the media to make it appear that we dont. I speak about the Libertarians because I believe in them but there are several other fairly large parties out there. Until we quit playing by the big twos rules and handing them the game on a silver platter EVERY year NOTHING will change.

These "other parties" have nothing to offer me, and I have looked at them.

Most people agree with me on this. Either that or they are lazy bastards who are foolish enough to think that politics does not affect them.

I call them bubble people.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

ALL people have a chance to be big successes. It takes talent, skill, and dedication.

This is only true to an extent. There could be a lot more improvement in the educationsystem but I think it needs to start before collage, back in grade school or even pre-school.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

This is only true to an extent. There could be a lot more improvement in the educationsystem but I think it needs to start before collage, back in grade school or even pre-school.

True enough, but since when was school ever a defining factor to success?

It is sometimes, but those who succeed educate themselves and only work within the system we have to use it to their advantage.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Most people agree with me on this.

So most people would rather keep taking it up the ass by the big two losing more freedoms every year than to try someone different......than I guess this country is doomed.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It is sometimes, but those who succeed educate themselves and only work within the system we have to use it to their advantage.

True, but the system could be made more efficiente and "user friendly"

Between that and phazing out the rewards for failure (welfare, etc) I think we could improve a lot.

And I kinda disagree on the pyramid idea, the world is moving away from a labor intense work force to a more information and services work force how this will translate into jobs is the big question for the future

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There is also this thing called luck that usually plays a big part in how you develope. Things like getting the right teacher FOR YOU, one who can get the most out of you. Ending up with a boss that likes you, and so gives you a chance to have more responsability. The thing is, that you can have all the talent in the world, but in buisness, you need a lot of breaks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join